The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The statistics cited by MS and HJ would have been readily available to The Sun Sport Editor, that they chose to put this to print just beggars belief.

Facts don't get views, propaganda does. The footballing media in this Country has been fucked for years, all we've seen since Rangers died is how far under the OF thumb they really are.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

2009-10: Beaten 4-1 by Romanians Unirea Urziceni (who no longer exist) at home in the CL groups. 

Bit of European history made here though. This must be the only CL group game played between two clubs that no longer exist.

They seem to have this bizarre belief Rangers were constantly in the CL Group Stages every season, and not being knocked out the Europa League Qualifiers by Lithuanian sides.

Since you're so keen on facts, I'll just point out that this has never happened.

5 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

I love this: 

"Scotland needed to have players at Rangers playing at the highest level."

What does that even mean? So much ***-slaver in that article.

Just a wee thought but if these Rangers Scotland players are no longer playing at Rangers then surely they are just playing for another club?

Where Is Boyd actually saying these guys are now? 

Then again he might mean these guys have to settle for playing for Hearts and Aberdeen and in true Scottish selection criteria, never make it to getting capped.

12 hours ago, calum_gers said:

Since you're so keen on facts, I'll just point out that this has never happened.

CL qualifiers for Scottish teams basically are EL qualifiers. A success is getting far enough to be able to drop down into it once you've inevitably been papped out. 

I've still no idea why this myth Celtic and Rangers have the best youths come from. Celtic maybe, since they dominate the youth scene, although half aren't Scottish. Rangers U20s finished well down their league last season though