I'm loving that Sevconians think not paying Ashley his money is a tactic.. And not actually because The Rangers don't have a pot to piss in

I do find this very strange. More than one person on here (and on Gers Media) has posted about withholding the loan repayment as a bargaining chip. But surely no one can actually believe that to be within the realm of practical politics.

Taking a high-level view on the prospects, the scenarios that seem most plausible are (controlled) crash-and-burn rebirth sans Ashley, or a stronger Ashley involvement and consequent stronger dependence on him. The idea that King is causing any sort of stress in the Ashley camp by keeping his (alleged) brass to himself is absolute fantasy.

I do find this very strange. More than one person on here (and on Gers Media) has posted about withholding the loan repayment as a bargaining chip.

Sorry, shuggy but you're baying at the moon. I have no idea about RM but not one single Bear on here has ever thought about, "withholding the loan".

All that has ever been said by Rangers fans on here is that we will honour the terms of the financing agreement.

Sorry, shuggy but you're baying at the moon. I have no idea about RM but not one single Bear on here has ever thought about, "withholding the loan".

All that has ever been said by Rangers fans on here is that we will honour the terms of the financing agreement.

Yes, but your response to HB above implied that you saw the current withholding (as opposed to current settling) of the loan amount as tactical.

It's that notion that sugna is effectively debunking.

He's right.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The tactic from Rangers (including King) is fairly sound though.

Despite my obvious loathing of fat Mike, I would be a fool to dismiss his business acumen and like any successful businessmen he is not ruled by the types of emotion so often displayed on here, he is not motivated by a life long hatred of a football club, he simply wants to make money and the current setup is not making him any money nor will this change while his customers remain alienated.

All this pish about King begging Rangers fans to buy merchandise is utter bolix, yes he said that for Rangers to be successful then they need to maximise every revenue stream including fans buying merchandise but he did this in the context that the current deal is not doing this, neither fat mike nor Rangers are making any money.

Rangers and King will continue to do the bare minimum when it comes to marketing retail while continuing to publicly state that the deal is definitely not in the best interest of Rangers, as long as the friction remains public and this includes not paying a loan which is not due to be paid back then Fat Mike`s customer base will remain alienated, anyone who thinks Fat Mike made his money from an alienated customer bases is beyond deluded.

You're deluded, Ashley is making easy money from Rangers , and he controls all merch not just Tops, even if Rangers pay back his loan ,he still has 7 years on it, are you suggesting that no one will by any Rangers merchandise for the next 7 years?!

Despite my obvious loathing of fat Mike, I would be a fool to dismiss his business acumen and like any successful businessmen he is not ruled by the types of emotion so often displayed on here, he is not motivated by a life long hatred of a football club, he simply wants to make money and the current setup is not making him any money nor will this change while his customers remain alienated.

All this pish about King begging Rangers fans to buy merchandise is utter bolix, yes he said that for Rangers to be successful then they need to maximise every revenue stream including fans buying merchandise but he did this in the context that the current deal is not doing this, neither fat mike nor Rangers are making any money.

Rangers and King will continue to do the bare minimum when it comes to marketing retail while continuing to publicly state that the deal is definitely not in the best interest of Rangers, as long as the friction remains public and this includes not paying a loan which is not due to be paid back then Fat Mike`s customer base will remain alienated, anyone who thinks Fat Mike made his money from an alienated customer bases is beyond deluded.

Aye, alienation really puts the mockers on Ashley's income, right enough.

Newcastle fans think he's the devil incarnate, which would explain why their crowds number in the hundreds and you never see any Geordie wearing anything at all bearing NUFC branding....

I'm looking forward to this long game. Ashley v 500 million Orcs.

I'm going to put my money on an Ashley win. For the Orc masses who religiously buy every bit of tat, it's about showing everyone around you youre pure true blue, a badge of honour on your chest. It's about being the biggest. And if that means walking along Argyle Street and seeing the other arse cheek parading their latest grey collared trash outnumbers the berz strips, the Orcs will buckle.

They'll be standing in line in no time.

Do you really think alienating a few huffy rangers supporters is going to change MAs business strategy? Probably 90% of the people who buy sports gear for either themselves, or their kids, go to SD.

I don't particularly agree with the way he goes about his business, the zero hours contracts, or the buying of gear from countries that employ 10 year olds to make the kit. But needs must, and you buy what you can afford. And if the contract terms with SD were favourable for rangers you would be doing the same. So to say that his customer base is alienated is pie in the sky. Rangers and Newcastle fans are deluded if they think they can bring his empire down by boycotting. He is having a £5mill laugh at you.

His business practices may be a bit harsh, to say the least. But you are quite happy to support the biggest tax criminal in SA history, who is only not in jail because he bought his way out. He has also been outed as a lying b'strd, yet still you believe he will be your saviour. Are you really that thick, or are you at the windup(another SNAFU)

Despite my obvious loathing of fat Mike, I would be a fool to dismiss his business acumen... he simply wants to make money and the current setup is not making him any money nor will this change while his customers remain alienated... neither fat mike nor Rangers are making any money.

Any evidence, to back up your fantasy, that Ashley isn't making any money from his relationship with Rangers?

Or is this assumption taken from your Open University Accountacy course?

What a silly storm in a tea cup.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that by not buying merch will destroy Ashley's empire. Merely suggesting that a renegotiated deal may actually make more money for him.

Started off a decentish thread, now descended in to total Dave Jpish.

What a silly storm in a tea cup.I don't think anyone's suggesting that by not buying merch will destroy Ashley's empire. Merely suggesting that a renegotiated deal may actually make more money for him.Started off a decentish thread, now descended in to total Dave Jpish.

No need to get so upset.

What a silly storm in a tea cup.I don't think anyone's suggesting that by not buying merch will destroy Ashley's empire. Merely suggesting that a renegotiated deal may actually make more money for him.Started off a decentish thread, now descended in to total Dave Jpish.

^^^"Please stop laughing at us ".

Nope.