I'm not sure whether you're serious or not (Joker gif, someone, please).

You're going to run out of money SOONER this season than you did last. Given your indebtedness, your ST money might just about move you into a cost-neutral position til the end of this month or next but, after that, you're borrowing again - earlier than you did last season.

ETA: you don't really think your benefactors are going to let their current loans ride, do you? They'll want the money back now so that they can be seen to lend it again next month.

the ashley 5mill debt isnt being paid back anytime soon, the board have indicated so, and the rest of the 8mill debt is to the 3 bears and king who have both seemingly stated that the loans will be converted to equity in the next share issue

so our current debt, is debt that will not be paid within the near future

If Ashley demands his 5 mill back, and Rangers refuse to give it back. Can he not just say, well I'll take the car park and the training ground that I have as security? Then charge rent for them to use them.

I'm not sure how that works. Do they have to go into admin/liquidation before he can demand that, or can he take them to court and say they are not giving me my cash and I want my security instead?

If Ashley demands his 5 mill back, and Rangers refuse to give it back. Can he not just say, well I'll take the car park and the training ground that I have as security? Then charge rent for them to use them.

I'm not sure how that works. Do they have to go into admin/liquidation before he can demand that, or can he take them to court and say they are not giving me my cash and I want my security instead?

Obviously I know a lot less about our finances than the supporters of other clubs who spend hours studying it. My impression, though, is that we haven't refused to repay Ashley's loan per se but, rather, are keeping to the terms of the original loan agreement.

Obviously I know a lot less about our finances than the supporters of other clubs who spend hours studying it. My impression, though, is that we haven't refused to repay Ashley's loan per se but, rather, are keeping to the terms of the original loan agreement.

true...but you're a fukin idiot.....

The Newcastle United owner- who owns a nine percent shareholding in Rangers, insists that the loan he made was only designed as a short term loan facility and that the new Ibrox board should pay it in full immediately.

Edited by THE KING

I never said they had refused. Th question was, if Ashley demands his cash back what happens? Can the board just indefinitely refuse to pay it back? Surely not. He's going to want it back sometime. And I kind of get the impression that he's not the sort of bloke to take no for an answer.

the ashley 5mill debt isnt being paid back anytime soon, the board have indicated so, and the rest of the 8mill debt is to the 3 bears and king who have both seemingly stated that the loans will be converted to equity in the next share issue

No?

Will this "inadequate budget" of Rangers be smaller than any other side's in the division?

Why would it be necessary for either, let alone both of, Rangers and Hibs to achieve Hearts' level of consistency this time? Hearts' form last year up until when the title was sealed was truly remarkable, eclipsing that required by most title winning sides at this level, by miles.

There is little doubt Rangers approx £2m budget? will be more than other clubs. However no disrespect to other clubs if fans were asked the vast majority would say Hibs are the team they have to top to win the Championship. Last season Hearts budget was I assume not near to Rangers £6/7m but that didn't matter as they had a better squad mostly already in place and as I have already said it was no surprise to me that the comfortably won the Championship. I see Hibs similiar with many of this season's players in place from last season tho I admit not as strong therefore will not be as consistent. I do take your point Hearts consistency was remarkable and probably Rangers, Hibs or the eventual winners of this years Championship will not reach Hearts points total. We will have to wait and see.

There is little doubt Rangers approx £2m budget? will be more than other clubs. However no disrespect to other clubs if fans were asked the vast majority would say Hibs are the team they have to top to win the Championship. Last season Hearts budget was I assume not near to Rangers £6/7m but that didn't matter as they had a better squad mostly already in place and as I have already said it was no surprise to me that the comfortably won the Championship. I see Hibs similiar with many of this season's players in place from last season tho I admit not as strong therefore will not be as consistent. I do take your point Hearts consistency was remarkable and probably Rangers, Hibs or the eventual winners of this years Championship will not reach Hearts points total. We will have to wait and see.

Fukin hell Tedi ..its all go tonight!

No?

seems not to be, he called the EGM and then didnt show or send even a rep

if ashley wanted his money he'd have asked for it by now, and even then with no repayment date king and mini murray seem to think they can simply tell him to f**k off until it suits them, wether thats true or not we can only guess, but to this point ashley hasnt asked for it back yet (trust me we'd know from king's lapdogs)

Jesus Christ. Their fans' reps are invariably utter simpletons.

"Mike Ashley needs to get in touch with Dave King". Seriously, you could not make this shit up.

"Mike Ashley could be part of the world's most successful club" - a line delivered without irony or blushing.

What a spectacular thicko!

That sort of thinking would worry me. There's a club currently in liquidation predicated on loans that were not intended to be paid back.

(It might be time to stop presenting statements from Dave King or his environs as any sort of evidence; because of, you know, that lying thing that he does.)

Oh, small point of order.

Debt for equity won't be through another share issue, they need mike and his cohorts %'s to force that one through :)

Debt for equity won't be through another share issue, they need mike and his cohorts %'s to force that one through :)

It's conceivable that Ashley might go along with this - but it's clear in any case that he has the whip hand and the change of board has put the club even further into his power. He no longer has to bully the club, they are desperate to get him on-side and I would expect further talking-up of the retail side as well as probably taking further loans.

It's perhaps worth comparing the scenarios of paying back versus converting to equity: in the most important sense these are equivalent, as in both cases funds available following a fantastically successful share/rights issue are exactly the same - the net amount raised less the value of the loans.

Oh, small point of order.

It was already voted through at the last AGM, and even if it wasnt, to allow current shareholders to buy more shares in an issue only required a 51% yes vote of shareholders which king probably has backing him

That sort of thinking would worry me. There's a club currently in liquidation predicated on loans that were not intended to be paid back.

(It might be time to stop presenting statements from Dave King or his environs as any sort of evidence; because of, you know, that lying thing that he does.)

He's not my choice and not paying back the 5 mill isnt my favourite course of action either

true...but you're a fukin idiot.....

The Newcastle United owner- who owns a nine percent shareholding in Rangers, insists that the loan he made was only designed as a short term loan facility and that the new Ibrox board should pay it in full immediately.

A loan designed as a short term facility, but no repayment date attatched to said loan

Hmmmmm

If The Rangers don't pay back the £5 mill then SD keeps the extra percentages of the shirt sales etc.

Dodgy Dave is now encouraging the Bears to buy merchandise, as even although SD will get most of the profits, The Rangers will get something.

Mike may not ask for his dosh back yet, just think of all the money to be made from the sale of the new season's strips, including the nice purple one!

:blink:

Edited by Jimbo Jagsfan