Did he really say ...buy SD merch?...thats beautiful.

"Rangers Football Club will only be number one in Scotland again when the Rangers fans start outspending the Celtic fans. If the Rangers fans stop doing that or continue to withhold the funds, Rangers will never be as big as Celtic."

The only thing that this bit can sensibly refer to is the boycott of SD merchandise. Even if STs are lower than King's (completely unrealistic) claim of what he hoped to sell, that wouldn't be "withholding funds".

As I said, game-changer for me. But you can't fault his glibness.

The interview between Jim White and Dave King has at least made it clear that the tens of millions of investment from King et al. isn't going to be happening, and the only real sustainable source of money is the fans.

While that has clarified some aspects of the finances, even with King's pretty poor reputation for honesty it does make all of his manoeuvrings over the last couple of years appear fairly shameless. Dangling the promise of so much investment, then simply saying that it's all about the fans spending more than the Celtic fans: if he'd come clean with that line pre-regime change EGM it would have convinced no one to join his camp. The other "big promise", of ousting Ashley's influence, was the main rallying call against the old board: now he's telling the fans to go ahead and buy SD goods in order to join the war effort.

This is sort of a game changer for me. There's no longer any pretence about King and allies being the good guys who will provide the necessary finance and rescue Ranges from Mike Ashley, which was the driver behind starting this thread. It will be interesting to see if this statement incites the same level of fury and rebellion as if Somers or Llambias had made it.

It does seem remarkable stuff from King.

What exactly did he say regarding his own plans for investment? Has he really abandoned all pretences regarding £50m, £30m or 'North of' £20m sums? Is he really simply saying it's a question of money through the turnstiles?

To be honest, such a plan would probably make sense, provided that they could slash their outgoings sufficiently and settle their debts. It would however represent a very different approach from that proposed by King on his ascent to power.

It does seem remarkable stuff from King.What exactly did he say regarding his own plans for investment? Has he really abandoned all pretences regarding £50m, £30m or 'North of' £20m sums? Is he really simply saying it's a question of money through the turnstiles?To be honest, such a plan would probably make sense, provided that they could slash their outgoings sufficiently and settle their debts. It would however represent a very different approach from that proposed by King on his ascent to power.

King hasn't entirely lied about 'his' investment. He has said all along that he would oversee the investment. Now he is clearing it up and it would appear that the investment he is overseeing is the investment the fans are making. Season tickets to the tune of £10M per year for 3 years totalling the £30M he promised to oversee being invested.

Mugs be being mugged. Again.

Eat, sleep, get fleeced, repeat.

King hasn't entirely lied about 'his' investment. He has said all along that he would oversee the investment. Now he is clearing it up and it would appear that the investment he is overseeing is the investment the fans are making. Season tickets to the tune of £10M per year for 3 years totalling the £30M he promised to oversee being invested.

Mugs be being mugged. Again.

Eat, sleep, get fleeced, repeat.

In the spirit of the thread, I'm trying hard not to be facetious.

Did King not previously say that he'd 'match' rather than merely oversee fan investment? I'm trying to find out if anything he said today, represented an explicit departure from this course.

If it did, I'd have thought, like Sugna, that it's quite a big deal.

Haven't watched this interview but would i be right in saying that a club chairman has said that he wants fans to spend money?

What sort of chairman would out with something like that, i can see why there is so much outrage if this is true.

Haven't watched this interview but would i be right in saying that a club chairman has said that he wants fans to spend money?

What sort of chairman would out with something like that, i can see why there is so much outrage if this is true.

Let's both try not to be facetious Bennett?

What I'm trying to establish is whether anything said today indicated a switch in direction or emphasis. I'd have thought such questions might hold genuine interest for you too.

Let's both try not to be facetious Bennett?

What I'm trying to establish is whether anything said today indicated a switch in direction or emphasis. I'd have thought such questions might hold genuine interest for you too.

Having just read a few snippets and not having watched the entire interview its more or less what I expected.

Funding available from him and others to tide the club through in the short term, wants fans to spend money and support the club.

Unless I've missed something, I'm not seeing what the fuss is.

Having just read a few snippets and not having watched the entire interview its more or less what I expected.

Funding available from him and others to tide the club through in the short term, wants fans to spend money and support the club.

Unless I've missed something, I'm not seeing what the fuss is.

Doesn't your middle paragraph represent a departure though?

You're right in that the ideas contained therein do seem sensible enough, but they're not in line with previous talk about the nature and scale of forthcoming investment.

Because you still had money in the bank at the start of last season. This year you're in debt.

debt that clearly wont be getting paid anytime soon

our incomings are higher this time than last, our outgoings are less, our money should last us at least until the same time as last season if not longer

we're still fucked and relying on king shudder but it isnt as bad as it was last summer

debt that clearly wont be getting paid anytime soon

our incomings are higher this time than last, our outgoings are less, our money should last us at least until the same time as last season if not longer

we're still fucked and relying on king shudder but it isnt as bad as it was last summer

This season, there will be no 5 million from Ashley, no Commonwealth Games money, no share issue. On the other side of the ledger, your wage bill might have gone down by a million or two.

Will your income be higher?

Doesn't your middle paragraph represent a departure though?

You're right in that the ideas contained therein do seem sensible enough, but they're not in line with previous talk about the nature and scale of forthcoming investment.

Yes and no/depending on how you look at it, a quick search brings quotes which support both views.

Should comments made after the egm result really be set in stone?

He wanted them not to spend money last season.he wanted them not to pay Ashley back .now hes begging for STs and Merch to be bought.

He wanted them not to spend money last season.he wanted them not to pay Ashley back .now hes begging for STs and Merch to be bought.
The scoundrel....

Yes and no/depending on how you look at it, a quick search brings quotes which support both views.

Should comments made after the egm result really be set in stone?

I don't know that previous comments need be set in stone.

When they formed a manifesto which was the basis on which he got control of the club however, it's not unreasonable to expect some adherence to such comments to be maintained.

Having only seen reference to the interview on here, I don't know any detail of what's been said today. It's very easy to refer to the "glib and shameless" label in a way that can only be described as glib and shameless. However, when King appears to be offering something that differs from previous pledges, it must be a source of some concern. No?

I don't know that previous comments need be set in stone.

When they formed a manifesto which was the basis on which he got control of the club however, it's not unreasonable to expect some adherence to such comments to be maintained.

Having only seen reference to the interview on here, I don't know any detail of what's been said today. It's very easy to refer to the "glib and shameless" label in a way that can only be described as glib and shameless. However, when King appears to be offering something that differs from previous pledges, it must be a source of some concern. No?

Concerned about an interview which you yourself said contained sensible ideas?

As far as I can see funding is available from the main shareholders while the clubs chairman has said that he wants as many fans as possible to spend money, also funding the club. I'm sure most club chairmen would say similar regarding getting fans in?

It seems the best strategy for going forward.

Concerned about an interview which you yourself said contained sensible ideas? As far as I can see funding is available from the main shareholders while the clubs chairman has said that he wants as many fans as possible to spend money, also funding the club. I'm sure most club chairmen would say similar regarding getting fans in? It seems the best strategy for going forward.

Don't buy ST's and don't buy from SD was the war cry last season from the Mad King causing the club to haemorrhage millions in the process and now you think he is fulfilling his promises ?

Yes I do understand it is nice or better for the club to at least like it's trying to try to live within it's means, but it certainly wasn't the message he promised before he took office was it ?

It was all spend, spend, spend to match Celtic or compete with Celtic and how the club needed off the radar funding from outside investors to take the club to the level he kept harping on about to get Champions League music back to Ibrox.

Funny seeing you and your fans when he took power all ballsy about how millions upon millions would be pumped into the playing squad to get promoted this season and to have a squad of players that would make a title challenge in their first season in the top tier with a years experience in the Chumpionship. Now what you have is a squad that would just about compete for a top 6 place in the Premiership and the fans have been told to cough up or it's your fault Celtic will get 10 in a row, and he'll use the same excuse over and over again that at this time he doesn't need to invest because the club doesn't need his investment and the fans will have to cough up and do their bit or they have let the club down.

He said one thing before wrestling power from Ashley's boys and now you have all been told something completely different !, wake up ffs and smell something at least never mind the coffee because that will be too late.