The BRALT (A Continuation)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, it says a lot about their complete failure to understand why anyone would support a team that lives within its means, rarely if ever appears on TV and rarely if ever wins a trophy. They just don't understand how anyone can support a team for the love of the team.

I'm shocked, never knew we needed Rangers to play us twice up here so we can keep our club's head above water. I mean we only have a little 2,000 seated away stand and a couple of hundred seats in the Main Stand for them.

Since Rangers fell out of the arse that called the SPL we have gained Ross County who bring their huge support to our ground, then there's the good people of Aberdeen who just about fill that stand, Celtic, less said about them but they show up in numbers. Hearts will be welcomed back, they should help increase our home attendance this season as long as the games aren't scheduled for 5am on a Sunday morning.

Another good point is the Premiership does look a more happy place for fans of most of the clubs and towns and city centers don't have to brace themselves for the Armies of Darkness who ruin peoples weekend with their offensive songs, criminal damage to property, assaults and intimidation. Its like the school bully has been expelled from school and everyone gets to keep their dinner money, its a happy place. Even Celtic fans aren't showing the obsessive levels of paranoia now compared to the pre Rangers death.

no no no silly, what we need is a strong Rangers so the two largest pillars of our game can keep their foot on our neck and dominate everything, I know that doesn't sound great but you see they will take some fans up to your ground a couple of times a season and there will be a wee bit more tv money for you, which will provide your club with no end of joy.

I know right now you might think you enjoyed winning a trophy last season but it's not what you really want or need. Football is really about TV money and commercial income and who has the most fans. I'm sure you'll come round soon.

Yet another chairman blaming Rangers for their finances, it really has f**k all to do with Rangers and I thought attendances were up?

'KILMARNOCK chairman Jim Mann is still adamant the SPFL is in desperate need of re-structuring if the Scottish game is to prosper.

Since he took over at Rugby Park as chairman in March, Mann has been an outspoken critic of the current league system.

And he believes it has to change if fans are to start coming back to games and investing in clubs again.

Mann said: “I’m still 100 per cent of the view that decline in the season ticket figures is down to the league structure we have.

“It’s just not conducive 
to anything other than boredom.

“You can’t really have
that go on forever and it’s something I’ll continue to pick up with Neil Doncaster and Iain Blair.

“Playing the same teams over and over again is the same old thing.

“We need to get a different structure to make this much more interesting and I feel for the fans actually.”

Mann revealed Killie are yet again feeling the pinch and believes that Rangers’ failure to achieve promotion back to the top flight last season has also had a big impact on the Ayrshire 
club’s finances.

The Ibrox side lost in the Premiership play–off final 
to Motherwell 6-1 over two legs which condemned 
them to another year in the Championship.

And the Killie chief reckons it will be better for everyone when they are back in the top flight.

Mann said: “It will be better once Rangers are back in the league.

“They have cast a negative halo over west of Scotland football and every club have seen attendances dip.”

No offence to the Killie fans but your clubs attitude absolutely stinks sometimes.

How about putting together a decent team to bring the fans back?

Killie were on the verge of oblivion long before Rangers were liquidated. They have pulled themselves out of that without a club calling themselves Rangers in the top flight so why the desperation now?

Were Killie not reported to have been within weeks of liquidation if Newco were not voted straight back into the SPL?

They struggled through then. They will struggle through now. They just want an easier ride.

Financially Scottish football is finding it's level. We were punching above our weight for decades.

Very good, now what does this shite have to do with the article I just posted?

Calm down fella it's just a forum.

I was addressing the backward mindset of this guy trying to sell season tickets blaming it on Rangers/league structure/boredom or whatever. It shows a lack of ambition and is an insult to the fans.

Apologies I misunderstood, I thought you were referring to Rangers when you said 'your'

Agreed. building a team with rejects from Rangers who failed miserably to get promoted last season is hardly inspiring.

Not a big fan of your clubs attitude either chief ;)

Indeed, it says a lot about their complete failure to understand why anyone would support a team that lives within its means, rarely if ever appears on TV and rarely if ever wins a trophy. They just don't understand how anyone can support a team for the love of the team.

They just don't understand the concept of sport.

Yet another chairman blaming Rangers for their finances, it really has f**k all to do with Rangers and I thought attendances were up?

'KILMARNOCK chairman Jim Mann is still adamant the SPFL is in desperate need of re-structuring if the Scottish game is to prosper.

Since he took over at Rugby Park as chairman in March, Mann has been an outspoken critic of the current league system.

And he believes it has to change if fans are to start coming back to games and investing in clubs again.

Mann said: Im still 100 per cent of the view that decline in the season ticket figures is down to the league structure we have.

Its just not conducive 
to anything other than boredom.

You cant really have
that go on forever and its something Ill continue to pick up with Neil Doncaster and Iain Blair.

Playing the same teams over and over again is the same old thing.

We need to get a different structure to make this much more interesting and I feel for the fans actually.

Mann revealed Killie are yet again feeling the pinch and believes that Rangers failure to achieve promotion back to the top flight last season has also had a big impact on the Ayrshire 
clubs finances.

The Ibrox side lost in the Premiership playoff final 
them to another year in the Championship.

And the Killie chief reckons it will be better for everyone when they are back in the top flight.

Mann said: It will be better once Rangers are back in the league.

They have cast a negative halo over west of Scotland football and every club have seen attendances dip.

Stating that the league set-up is a bit shit is hardly ground breaking stuff and is hardly about 'Rangers'.

And Kilmarnock bleating about the dafties not coming to their big daft stadium is, again, hardly ground breaking stuff.

Add to that dafties running with this as evidence that Rangers and 'Rangers' are missed is just run-of-the-mill daft.

In summary - daft!

I'm shocked, never knew we needed Rangers to play us twice up here so we can keep our club's head above water. I mean we only have a little 2,000 seated away stand and a couple of hundred seats in the Main Stand for them.

Since Rangers fell out of the arse that called the SPL we have gained Ross County who bring their huge support to our ground, then there's the good people of Aberdeen who just about fill that stand, Celtic, less said about them but they show up in numbers. Hearts will be welcomed back, they should help increase our home attendance this season as long as the games aren't scheduled for 5am on a Sunday morning.

Another good point is the Premiership does look a more happy place for fans of most of the clubs and towns and city centers don't have to brace themselves for the Armies of Darkness who ruin peoples weekend with their offensive songs, criminal damage to property, assaults and intimidation. Its like the school bully has been expelled from school and everyone gets to keep their dinner money, its a happy place. Even Celtic fans aren't showing the obsessive levels of paranoia now compared to the pre Rangers death.

Aye.

I've posted a few times that the difference between the Old Firm visiting TFS over a season and the absolute Diddy supports of St Mirren and Inverness was just a few hundred fans ... and the Diddy supports didn't cost as much to police.

And of course Falkirk didn't put the prices up for Old Firm games unlike the fucking Old Firm themselves!

I never said it was, if he had left it that then fair enough, not that I would agree with him.

But he did not leave it at that, he specifically stated that Rangers not winning promotion had a big impact on the Ayrshire clubs finances, he also stated every club have seen attendances dip, not content he then claimed it would be better for everyone when they are 'back' in the top flight.

It was pretty much a complete contradiction to what everyone says on here.

Killies financial woes are nothing to do with Rangers.

If I wasn't sitting with a cup of tea typing this on my phone I'd check the attendance figures, if they are down im fairly happy it will be minimal and hardly 'armageddon' levels - Kilmarnock and Celtic will certainly have seen a dip since Rangers died ... which is just fucking tough.

If there has been a drop in attendance figures and income since Rangers died, then we deal with it by cutting our cloth accordingly. We don't try to resurrect Rangers from the dead.

If there has been a drop in attendance figures and income since Rangers died, then we deal with it by cutting our cloth accordingly. We don't try to resurrect Rangers from the dead.

Or overspend and try to falsify the true position, liquidate, take the points deduction and carry on.

No offence to the Killie fans but your clubs attitude absolutely stinks sometimes.

How about putting together a decent team to bring the fans back?

Strange thing is, even this from Mann is better than the nonsense you'd get from Johnston. Many of us would like to see a bigger top league, and more different fixtures. Unfortunately, some in power would prefer the same two over hyped teams playing in front of tens of thousands of baying bigots every week, and fùck the rest.

On the bright side, we appear to have a potentially entertaining squad for the new season. On the other hand, we have Gary Locke as manager. We'll see...

Nice to see Tedi failing to understand even a daily record article, mind... Obviously not conversant with the meaning of percentages.

Quite simply should be 42 clubs with 1 vote each

Celtic are no more important than East Stirlingshire, bigger yes.

Not often I'll argue on behalf of Celtic but could you explain why East Stirlingshire are as important to Scottish football as them?

Very late to the party here but the racist taxi driver getting banned is immensely pleasing.
Shulls been banned too?
Yet another chairman blaming Rangers for their finances, it really has f**k all to do with Rangers and I thought attendances were up? 'KILMARNOCK chairman Jim Mann is still adamant the SPFL is in desperate need of re-structuring if the Scottish game is to prosper.[/size]Since he took over at Rugby Park as chairman in March, Mann has been an outspoken critic of the current league system.[/size]And he believes it has to change if fans are to start coming back to games and investing in clubs again.[/size]Mann said: “I’m still 100 per cent of the view that decline in the season ticket figures is down to the league structure we have.[/size]“It’s just not conducive 
to anything other than boredom.[/size]“You can’t really have
that go on forever and it’s something I’ll continue to pick up with Neil Doncaster and Iain Blair.[/size]“Playing the same teams over and over again is the same old thing.[/size]“We need to get a different structure to make this much more interesting and I feel for the fans actually.”[/size]Mann revealed Killie are yet again feeling the pinch and believes that Rangers’ failure to achieve promotion back to the top flight last season has also had a big impact on the Ayrshire 
club’s finances.[/size]The Ibrox side lost in the Premiership play–off final 
them to another year in the Championship.[/size]And the Killie chief reckons it will be better for everyone when they are back in the top flight.[/size]Mann said: “It will be better once Rangers are back in the league.[/size]“They have cast a negative halo over west of Scotland football and every club have seen attendances dip.”[/size]
Norman won't be chuffed at that.Nice to see some honesty from Killie, refreshing.

Archived