The BRALT (A Continuation)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your own club made it very clear at the time they wanted Rangers in the top league. The only reason they voted against Rangers was because their own supporters led them up the garden path by promising to put money into the club.

Or are you forgetting all this?................

With the benefit of hindsight, would 'Well have voted the same way? Probably not.

I don't even know where to start with this drivel :lol:

It is however pleasing to see that your status as a complete joke figure on here won't be deteriorating any time soon.

Most galling about the Kilmarnock board's stance, just as it was in 2012, is that it is largely unrepresentative of the supporters of that club. Dundee United were pilloried by the Rangers fans - and are still on that idiotic list of 'enemies' - on the basis that they supported the rules in existence at the time and that a defunct club should not be permitted to play in the top league on the basis of a) it's financial supply to other clubs (now largely disproved except for Celtic) and b) having its stooges in the top administrative level of the game in Scotland. I recall the fans of that club in the main were rightly proud of the line the board took; why Killie fans have to put up with this procession of apocalyptic apologists is beyond me.

Kilmarnock's financial woes are more because of how they overspent in the late 90s/early 2000s (as did my own club) following the Rangers blueprint of spending = success. The only other way in which Rangers as an entity affect Killie is as a geographical drag on what should be a strong local support. I watched a dreadful Dunfermline side getting thumped 5-1 at Rugby Park in late 2006 with 70 of our lot in the away end and a few thousand in the opposite stand. It struck me at the time - and does now - that they had a fantastic facility built for a support that hadn't existed in the town since Dunfermline and Killie's glory days in the 1960s, just as we did. The Pars were woeful that day, but Killie were excellent and it was equally puzzling - gate ticket prices aside - why local fans would jump onto the M8 in preference to visiting Rugby Park at that time.

I digress; in any respect, to in any other way suggest that Rangers have any financial influence on Killie is disingenuous at best and at worst downright misleading.

Isn't it about time that the mods got rid of the separate 'Rangers in the...' section?

The Rangers have found their level. They're just another middling Championship team in the mix with Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk. Giving them a separate part of the forum just feeds the egos of their delusional fanbase.

Archived