The BRALT (A Continuation)

I understand the point you are making but I don't think Rangers operating at a loss is relevant to the conversation.

The club itself is responsible (along with Celtic) for Scottish football's ability to get what it does from TV and sponsorship deals and the Rangers fans put a lot of cash into the game. To say they deserve no more of a say than a Arbroath or a Partick Thistle for example is irrational in my opinion.

In fact, you're claiming those small clubs deserve MORE of a say than Rangers so your disagreement is not even about democracy but more about the fact those clubs don't make a loss. Well, let them be on the telly every weekend then. Let their fans subsidise other clubs. Let their chairman go and boast to potential sponsors about how one man and a dog goes to their games. What good will that do for Scottish football? Exactly! :)

We need to move away from TV sponsorship and having clubs on the TV, and towards actually getting people off their fat arses to support their local team. That's the only sustainable approach. I'd much rather both Rangers and Celtic didn't exist, the TV sponsorship was reduced, the Celtic away support didn't visit us (Rangers fans are unlikely to have the chance anyway) and my club cut its cloth accordingly.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your long-dead, cheating, and equally bigoted club as arbitrators in chief of the game in Scotland you're missing the very point of the game from the get go.

I love it when a diddy gets his dander up. Such rage and so little insight. Three paragraphs to say hee haw.

Just when you thought Stupid couldn't get worse........

What's stupid about it? Do you think it's a bad idea or one that will just never happen?

I'm all for democracy in "real life", but this is Scottish football and to say teams such as Cowdenbeath should have as much a say as Rangers on how Scottish football is run is a bit daft.

I can just about deal with the fact nations such as San Marino have as much of a say of where a World Cup will be as a Spain or a Brazil but domestic club football is very different. Maximising profit is paramount and the reality is Cowdenbeath, East Fife etc don't bring in the money.

And it's all very well saying "Why should Rangers have more of a say when Queen of the South and Cowdenbeath have also won the third tier divsion" but it's completely missing the point. It's all about the money not the trophies when it comes to making business decisions.

The flight goes down mid Atlantic. You and these two are the only ones to make it to the life raft. There is three days rations aboard. The SART and EPIRB went down with the plane.Who do you put in charge of the rations knowing help could be weeks away from finding you?

Scottish football, as the **** keep telling us, is fucked. Why would we want the fat fuckers eating up what is left for sharing around?

post-1724-14370909186992_thumb.jpg

What's stupid about it? Do you think it's a bad idea or one that will just never happen?

I am firmly of the view that football is all about bums on seats. That utter cretins think that geography should be an influencing factor on where one parks one's arse is risible.

I am firmly of the view that football is all about bums on seats. That utter cretins think that geography should be an influencing factor on where one parks one's arse is risible.

Sport was created as a practice for warriors between wars. It has it's roots steeped firmly in territorialism. It's about supporting your community in competition with others.

It's traditional to support your local brethren.

That utter cretins think that geography should be an influencing factor on where one parks one's arse is risible.

Why? I don't think anyone's suggesting it should be the *only* factor, but it's still a very significant one. Family is another one.

Why? I don't think anyone's suggesting it should be the *only* factor, but it's still a very significant one. Family is another one.

And religion, and insecurity.

Why should geography matter over any other arbitrary detail?

Just what is wrong with the notion that folk can support whoever they fucking want?

Just what is wrong with the notion that folk can support whoever they fucking want?

Nothing , but why does it have to be on the telly for you to support who you want , oh that's right you can't be a glory hunting bigot unless you can see your team on the telly :rolleyes:

That died a death over a hundred years ago.

More like 30, maybe 40 up here. When the Green Final was the first chance to get a match report. Even before Ceefax.

It's true the world has shrunk with modern transport but I thought you Rangers fans were all for traditional values?

Our communities have expanded with shorter journey times but we have lost all touch with our sense of belonging. That is why it is so easy for people to look outside of their own area for an ego boost.

However, after speaking to my daughter and the reports she has given me about the atmosphere at tonight's match coupled with the amount of County and ICT shirts I see on kids in the Highlands I am buoyed by the fact that Highland football looks like it will start claiming the kids of the area as supporters. I see a good future for North football. Our Scottish cup win could be a catalyst to bringing more fans to Highland clubs. The more ICT and County shirts I see and the fewer sheep, Rangers and Celtic shirts I see the more confident I become.

Nothing , but why does it have to be on the telly for you to support who you want , oh that's right you can't be a glory hunting bigot unless you can see your team on the telly :rolleyes:

Kinky lives in England. It's a bit much to expect him to travel to watch a club in the second tier.

Oh acne. Is there no depth of ignorance that you won't plumb?

Nothing, but how many people actually sit down and consciously decide which team they're going to support? It's an emotional connection that develops for a variety of reasons. Pride in the local area. Pride in your dad/grandad's team. Or as has already been suggested, attachment to a certain community/religion or emotional insecurity requiring a big team with lots of victories to artificially boost your own self esteem.

Rage and you lose. :lol:

Michael Gannon: It's time Rangers had a place back at the SPFL top table

MICHAEL reckons it's time Rangers - and Heart and Hibs - once again had a presence in the SPFL board as they deserve their say when it comes to making big decisions in our game.

• 119 Shares
  • Tweet
  • +1
  • Pinterest

GP34270725.jpg

THINGS are going to get interesting for the SPFL in the next week or so.

Their agm is usually about as exciting as a wet weekend in Wick. But not this time.

Mondays meeting could see the place shaken up rather than the yearly re-arranging of the deckchairs.

Its a big deal Ann Budge has made her move to get involved. Its a bigger deal Rangers are stepping out of the shadows.

Budge has been a breath of fresh air at Hearts her wind of change has rid Tynecastle of Mad Vlads toxic stench.

Her brand of commonsense would be welcome in a boardroom where its been lacking for too long.

But its also important for Rangers to have a presence in there. Its time they came in from the cold.

Stewart Robertson has stuck his hand up for selection just a few weeks after being made Ibrox MD. His club hasnt been represented at the top table since the nuclear summer of 2012 and have been absent from the new-look set-up following the merging of the leagues.

JS66174217.jpgStewart Robertson (right) is the new MD at Rangers

All the latest news from Ibrox

In fairness, its easy to see why they were AWOL.

You wouldnt have wanted any of the succession of charlatans at Ibrox over the last three years anywhere near influencing our game.

You wouldnt have trusted that lot to run a tuck shop for fears they would be munching sweets on the fly.

But while the new regime is not exactly off to a spectacular start, they have began the cleansing process.

Its time for them to get back in the tent.

Rangers should have a presence when it comes to the big decisions in our game. So should Hearts and Hibs.

In fact our big five clubs those three plus Celtic and Aberdeen should arguably have seats nailed down at the top table.

No matter what divisions they may occupy at present, they are the major pillars of our game. Their fan bases alone give them a combined responsibility to be custodians of our game.

Unfortunately, they have let the country down for too long.

The Rangers meltdown has caused mayhem throughout the game, the mismanagement at Tynecastle resulted in further damage and Hibs only have themselves to blame for their appalling performances on the pitch. Its not cool to say it but the top flight has been diminished by their absence.

Take three of the top five clubs out of Holland, Portugal, Austria, anywhere, and it would leave the place looking like the morning after an empty at a teenagers maws house.

But they all seem to be clawing their way back at various paces and deserve to be in the gang. More so than some.

At the moment the SPFL board has three reps from the Premiership, two from the Championship and one from the bottom two divisions.

Fair enough? Well, not really.

The clue is really in the league name. The second words the giveaway professional.

Its a miracle theyve not been done by the Trades Description Act given half the teams in the game are not actually professional. Theyre semi-pro.

They may have lost some influence when the leagues rejoined but the big clubs still missed a trick in the botched restructuring two years ago. There should have been a 20 pro-team set-up and the rest regionalised. As much as we love the small clubs in the bottom divisions, they are not professional sporting bodies.

Not when they are paying guys 50 bucks a week. They have their place in the pecking order and in their communities.

But not at the thick end.

The game needs streamlined and it needs to be led by the big five and the rest of the full-time clubs. If noses need put out of joint in the process, then so be it. Sorry chaps, its been fun but off you pop.

Budge could be the one to do it. As usual the voting will be political. The whats-in-it-for-us brigade will tick the box that suits them best. Its the way its always been.

So will Scottish football vote for a shake-up or more of the same?

Dont bother, I think we all know the answer to that one.

Hibs :lol:

I understand the point you are making but I don't think Rangers operating at a loss is relevant to the conversation.

The club itself is responsible (along with Celtic) for Scottish football's ability to get what it does from TV and sponsorship deals and the Rangers fans put a lot of cash into the game. To say they deserve no more of a say than a Arbroath or a Partick Thistle for example is irrational in my opinion.

In fact, you're claiming those small clubs deserve MORE of a say than Rangers so your disagreement is not even about democracy but more about the fact those clubs don't make a loss. Well, let them be on the telly every weekend then. Let their fans subsidise other clubs. Let their chairman go and boast to potential sponsors about how one man and a dog goes to their games. What good will that do for Scottish football? Exactly! :)

:lol:

Please give examples of this "subsidy".

Archived