Which bugs do you kill?

I also have no sympathy for dead cats. None at all. Wouldn't deliberately harm one but wouldn't feel a bit of remorse if I ran one over. Would feel for the owner a bit I suppose but nothing for the disgusting cat.

Aye, same here. All I picture is a wee girl asking mummy "where's kitty" and sticking lost posters up around lamp posts and bus shelters.

Saw one poster recently that said "Molly has gone missing for the eighth time..." though. WTF?

I watched a wasp mutilate a daddy long legs once. It repeatedly body-slammed its "torso" into the ground then pulled off a leg each time. Lovely.

I was defrosting some frozen chicken breasts by the window one day and caught a wasp having a wee nibble on it, so shooed the wasp out the window and closed it, then the wasp banged on the window a load of times in a futile attempt to get back in and eat my chicken.

Aye, same here. All I picture is a wee girl asking mummy "where's kitty" and sticking lost posters up around lamp posts and bus shelters.

Saw one poster recently that said "Molly has gone missing for the eighth time..." though. WTF?

Nine strikes and you're out.

They have nine lives, so I guess they'll give up after the ninth time.

I blew the mind of a work colleague once after her cat had been missing for a few days. She was starting to despair about it being dead, so I mentioned (in an attempt to cheer her up, I swear) that the cat might just have gone off to live with one of its other owners. She was completely oblivious to the concept that outdoor cats have several homes in a certain area and flit between them during the course of a day. I wished I hadn't mentioned it when she said that she hadn't seen the cat since one of her neighbours in the street had moved :unsure:

I blew the mind of a work colleague once after her cat had been missing for a few days. She was starting to despair about it being dead, so I mentioned (in an attempt to cheer her up, I swear) that the cat might just have gone off to live with one of its other owners. She was completely oblivious to the concept that outdoor cats have several homes in a certain area and flit between them during the course of a day. I wished I hadn't mentioned it when she said that she hadn't seen the cat since one of her neighbours in the street had moved :unsure:

My folks' neighbour is similar to this. She leaves food out and will take in any stray cat and feed them. She once commented to my mum that she feels she has to as they are clearly being treated poorly at home or they wouldn't go to her house for food and keep coming back. f**k me. She was bewildered when it was pointed out to her that cats venture to where they are fed; they don't show loyalty like dogs. I was genuinely shocked she wasn't aware of this common fact! Edited by 19QOS19

the cat might just have gone off to live with one of its other owners. She was completely oblivious to the concept that outdoor cats have several homes in a certain area and flit between them during the course of a day.

I've been friends with a thoroughly pumpable Texan living in Surrey for about 20 years. She looks like Julia Roberts but with better tits.

Her wee cat, Annabelle, upped sticks and flitted in with the neighbours. I was round at her hoose a few days later. I offered her a decent length of Sevco boaby by way of recompense but she was, "Too upset".

Women and cats!

I've been friends with a thoroughly pumpable Texan living in Surrey for about 20 years. She looks like Julia Roberts but with better tits.

So, Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich, then? :P

I offered her a decent length of Sevco boaby by way of recompense but she was, "Too upset".

QFT.

Never mind. Maybe she was just down to her knees in menstrual blood that night, Kinky.

My folks' neighbour is similar to this. She leaves food out and will take in any stray cat and feed them. She once commented to my mum that she feels she has to as they are clearly being treated poorly at home or they wouldn't go to her house for food and keep coming back. f**k me. She was bewildered when it was pointed out to her that cats venture to where they are fed; they don't show loyalty like dogs. I was genuinely shocked she wasn't aware of this common fact!

I have an incredible amount of respect for cats :lol:

• 7 years later...

Cat haters are evil and will die horribly and spend eternity in a particularly torment-heavy part of hell. If there's any justice.

I kill biting midges, bluebottles and clegs without remorse. I never kill spiders because they help to control the above. Dn't like wasps but try to avoid killing them unless necessary.

One hot, steamy day on Rannoch Moor I actually abandoned a walk because of the cleg-menace. I actually counted slapping at and killing 50 before I gave up counting. Hrrendous day.