144th Open Championship

Davis Love III

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather doesn't look great tomorrow afternoon.

It looks slightly easier earlier on - so it could be a day for someone shooting a great score early and sitting tight in the clubhouse.

This could make it really interesting. I fancy Oosthuizen especially if it's windy.

Did Dustin Johnson's arse fall oot?

Couldn't hole a putt on the front 9, missed a few greens coming in. Ballsed up the last, taking 5 after leaving his second in the valley of sin, which was really two shots dropped as there were loads of birdies on 18.

Couldn't hole a putt on the front 9, missed a few greens coming in. Ballsed up the last, taking 5 after leaving his second in the valley of sin, which was really two shots dropped as there were loads of birdies on 18.

Jesus, building up for a great last day.

BBC aren't even starting coverage til 1.45 today. The move to Sky can't come soon enough.

Yeah this is a bit frustrating/annoying.

I think the winner could come from as far back as -7 with the weather to change later in the day. Post a 63 in the morning and sit in the clubhouse on -15 and hope for the best.

Hoping for a Speith win, as I'd love to see him go to Whistling Straights with the chance of a grand slam. Failing that I'd love Sergio to finally get his hands on a major or the obvious fairytale of Paul Dunne.

Really don't know what's going to happen as it's all so close.

Didn't realise he'd made the cut.

lol, aye an up and down out the valley of sin at the 18th kept him here for the weekend. (and Monday... eta)

Noah is here supporting him as well, was seen oot n aboot on Friday morning sailing doon the first at 7am in his ark

St Andrews is maybe the worst course in the world used for professional golf.

Absolutely boring watch unless it's really windy and if it's too windy you can't play.

Dire. Thank f**k it's not due back for another few years. Pity it can't be ditched from the rota altogether.

St Andrews is maybe the worst course in the world used for professional golf.

Absolutely boring watch unless it's really windy and if it's too windy you can't play.

Dire. Thank f**k it's not due back for another few years. Pity it can't be ditched from the rota altogether.

The most famous and highest ranked golf course in the world should be scrapped from the rota of the competition it made famous because H_B think it's boring?

Not particularly a golf fan, but the inability of the BBC to provide coverage of the final round of an Open Championship, even on the red button or BBC3 or BBC4, where normal programming doesn't start until 7.00pm, is beyond amateurish. A repeat of the Rockford Files on BBC2 also taking precedence. Poor effort.

The BBC don't give a toss about their golf coverage.

Regarding St Andrews as a course, its a decent argument although for obvious reasons it will always have pride of place in the open rota. The wind is it's only defence but if the wind is a little bit too high it just leads to postponements in play. It's also a poor spectator course. Probably great fun to play if you're a pro I suppose.

The BBC don't give a toss about their golf coverage.

Regarding St Andrews as a course, its a decent argument although for obvious reasons it will always have pride of place in the open rota. The wind is it's only defence but if the wind is a little bit too high it just leads to postponements in play. It's also a poor spectator course. Probably great fun to play if you're a pro I suppose.

Scoring today is just silly for a major championship. Doesn't test people off the tee. It's a really shite spectacle.

Archived