Most hated shops?

Glad I'm not the only one who despises Ikea. Everyone else seems to think its odd that I hate the place.

I can only assume that their virtual monopoly in railway stations and airports is the only thing keeping WH Smith going. There's never anyone in and everything is ridiculously priced.

Supermarkets are awful places as well. I'll always try and avoid Asda if I can.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I'm not the only one who despises Ikea. Everyone else seems to think its odd that I hate the place.

I can only assume that their virtual monopoly in railway stations and airports is the only thing keeping WH Smith going. There's never anyone in and everything is ridiculously priced.

Supermarkets are awful places as well. I'll always try and avoid Asda if I can.

post-31698-0-00620900-1436825241.jpg

I get that it's all going to a good cause but surely the idea of these shops should be to turn over stock as quickly as possible not hold on in case you can get an extra pound for a string vest.

Help the Aged in St Andrews deserves particular credit for it's pricing structure.

Hey, you'll get no argument from me. It does work better than you'd think, though. Most stuff sells within the two week shelf period, and the rest is rotated out elsewhere. There are definitely areas in which BHF could do with reviewing their pricing, but they're doing quite well in others (although it may not look like it when you see the ticket price).

Beyond my pay grade, etc :P

I'm a hypocrite in that I'll use those horrible self check out machines but I do miss the cute student types you used to get at checkouts- ASDA seem to have installed the cheapest self check out machines because the things always throw a wobbly with me.

Don't like Greggs much- their products aren't the best compared to traditional bakers, they're usually full of fat munters with prams and the staff aren't pretty (except for one girl in Cameron Toll. She was cute. But only about 4 foot tall and couldn't see over the counter..)

Oh, and there's a hi-fi repair shop in Edinburgh run by a completely snide cnut.

Primark, Urban Outfitters & Jack Wills at utter hell holes for any gent. Sports Direct takes the absolute Michael at times too, but my fellow ship crew of Far East nationality adore it because the price for Nike shoes in the Philippines is eyewatering.

Officers club.

Last visit was 2 years ago when I was buying a pair of shoes I seen on sale. The guy was trying to pressure me into buying socks "cause they'll go with them shoes".

The shoes were black, needed for work and he's trying to get me to buy luminous pink socks.

Officers club.

Last visit was 2 years ago when I was buying a pair of shoes I seen on sale. The guy was trying to pressure me into buying socks "cause they'll go with them shoes".

The shoes were black, needed for work and he's trying to get me to buy luminous pink socks.

Luminous pink socks, what line of work are you in?

Grimbo

The Argyle Street branch of Primark.

This times a million. The rare time I jump in to grab cheap work shoes I almost go full on Falling Down rampage.

Despite being absolutely huuuge there is f**k all room to move quickly due to loads of fucking idiots moving slowly and just stopping in front of you. Pretty much always one idiot with a pram who decides to stop for a chat at the bottom of the escalators.

What kind of person hates a shop? I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem a healthy thing to do.

I occasionally frequent Sports Direct on Kirkcaldy High Street. The layout of the shop would put a badly laid out TK Maxx store to shame (e.g. Croydon TK Maxx). They ram that much stuff in that finding anything is difficult. The stuff they have is usually not worth finding anyway. I was in for OP t-shirts, but they looked a bit naff, so I didn't make a purchase.

I shop in Aldi too. The only part of that experience I dislike is the part at the till, where you feel like they are trying to get you out the shop as fast as humanly possible. Positively throwing your stuff at you. I don't like that.

TK Max stuff is a rip off - official: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/10505858/TK-Maxx-accused-of-misleading-with-discounts.html

Also many of the "designer brands" are made up, to sound like expensive brands, but they are nothing more that their equivalent of George or St Michael, I have never bought anything in their stores since I watched the C4 programme

Hate Primark, B&M etc., but the ones that get my vote are the high street pawn shops that try and make themselves look like proper jewellers, I refuse to let the wife browse their windows.

While I am on this rant I also detest any shop that tempts you in with sales that say 70% off, until you see the small print "up to" and that most of the discounts are 20% or less and the overpriced clothing is still more expensive than it should be, considering it has been made in the same Bangladeshi sweatshop as the stuff that Primark sell

A busy Primark is just hell. I try and go off peak once a year for my poolside pret a porter.

For those who think Farmfoods is depressing you obviously haven't visited their Garrowhill branch. The boy in there is the cheeriest shop assistant in the land.

I like TK Maxx. The Kirkcaldy and Meadowbank stores are both ok. You have to hunt through the disastrously bad fashion crimes of clothes, but there are usually gold nuggets there too. I would never buy the likes of Ralph Lauren or Diesel there, as they are still horribly overpriced, but if you have any idea what decent clothes are then you'll usually find some bargains.

Archived