Most hated shops?

Primark because it's always staffed by the soulless dead and organised by a four year old after a sherbet bender

Sports Direct because the floor plans are modelled after Krypton Factor levels rejected for being too complicated, and is always staffed by absolute mouth breathers

I hate Tesco, all of them seem to be a bit like hospitals that sell food, always a strange lighting and never feel like buying anything as it is all packaged up and soulless, plus the beeping at the till makes me want to do some serious harm if it takes longer than 4 mins to get through.

What on earth do you buy in a supermarket that takes four minutes to fully scan?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps more a PTTGOYN, but 'big name' stores which play some crappy cover version of popular songs rather than fork out for the right to play the original really cheese me off (possibly because the slightest thing can piss me off whilst doing the necessary evil which is shopping). B&Q is a prime culprit of this.

Eta: Ah, just realised that's exactly what you meant!

I thought it was maybe cover versions by B&Q staff in some team bonding exercise - hadn't occurred to me that it was to dodge paying royalties.

Maybe stretching the term 'shop' but Subway makes me gag just walking past. The same rancid smell pumps out of them the world over.

Closely followed by B&Q....

They seem to take popular songs and have some staff members 'sing' a horrific cover version, record it on a phone in a shed then pump out the repugnant results through the PA. It's beyond bad. I go in for some sandpaper and come out traumatised.

I went into Subway in Stirling with my cousin the day after the Scottish Cup final and I couldn't believe he paid around £8 for a sandwich. Nothing but a rip off.

Some shops have annoyingly misleading names:

Boots. Only sells fanny pads, sticking plasters and cheap perfume. The only boots are the grumpy ones who take your money.

Superdrug: No Ketamine or eccies to be found.

Selfridges: No you fucking don't.

I hate any shop where the staff pounce on you as soon as your barely through the door.

Once saw a guy walk into a shop and say "f*** off" to one of those folk before turning around and walking straight out. A tad harsh I thought.

Likewise, Curry's was a distinct disappointment.

So I popped next door to PC World but got asked to leave for seeking assistance linking my dongle with a female connector.

:)

We could keep this going all night. Go to a very well-known online retailer to try and buy a tall woman or the world's largest river and you'll get bum's rush.

British Heart Foundation. Complete and utter rip-off compared to just about every other charity shop.

I help out in one sometimes, and this is a frequent topic of conversation. Unfortunately, the prices aren't set by the stores. Break the pricing structure and it's slapped wrists time, and they do check.

On the plus side, it's not like the money's going on cocaine and hookers, and the stock does sell so presumably they're doing something right :unsure:

Pound shops, Aldi and B+M are shops I refuse to go into, the staff and customers all look like they've had a fucking hard life. There again I'd like to take a machete to people who go into M+S, complete c***s

Pound shops, Aldi and B+M are shops I refuse to go into, the staff and customers all look like they've had a fucking hard life. There again I'd like to take a machete to people who go into M+S, complete c***s

They should close B+M down, they are solely responsible for selling shite to folk for them to adorn graveyard plots.

TK Maxx is w**k, well the Bolton shop is.

Personally I've been boycotting Rumbelows for years.

Grimbo

Must disagree. Got a cycling backpack from TK Maxx Bolton that I'm still using nearly 15 years later. Smells a bit, mind. The bag, not the shop. Well, both, probably.

Schuh, can't actually look at the trainers I'm buying due to 30 fucking employees surrounding me asking me if 'I need a hand'

No I need shoes and I can see them all laid out perfectly thanks

Usually tidy burds but so there's a wee plus

I help out in one sometimes, and this is a frequent topic of conversation. Unfortunately, the prices aren't set by the stores. Break the pricing structure and it's slapped wrists time, and they do check.

On the plus side, it's not like the money's going on cocaine and hookers, and the stock does sell so presumably they're doing something right :unsure:

I get that it's all going to a good cause but surely the idea of these shops should be to turn over stock as quickly as possible not hold on in case you can get an extra pound for a string vest.

Help the Aged in St Andrews deserves particular credit for it's pricing structure.

Argos for me. Handy for some household stuff, but the Soviet-style going from one counter to another with your wee ticket does my nut in, as does the interminable wait as they try to sell product insurance for the £9.99 hairdryer the person in front of you has bought.

I was in Argos the other day and it had faster checkout facilities. Now, it was a branch in dunfermline so I was glad of the extra help to get outta dodge soon as, but isn't the whole point of Argos it's quickness? You can't browse

I don't like actually going into any bookies because they are usually incredibly grim.

BHS is awful, it seems to mainly cater for old people but they all go to Marks and Spencer, I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has TBH.

Most of the stuff in Topman/ River Island makes you look like a dickhead, is quite pricey or is owned by just about everyone else.

RS McColl prices are in Nosebleed territory for a bloody newsagent.

Archived