Most hated shops?

My Mrs shops here, and I've been unfortunate to be in with her the last couple of times. Don't get me wrong, I love a bath bomb as much as the next heterosexual male who is totally comfortable with his sexuality, but by Christ, the absolute gimps that work in that shop.

I think the job spec includes looking like an absolute weapon, having no less than three piercings and one of those ridiculous accents where the end of every sentence sounds like they're asking you a question.

That and the fact they appear to be acting like you're their best mate within five seconds of entering.

You can tell that they'll be in the Hillhead Bookclub at night paying over the odds for a bottle of Jeremiah Weed or some other pretentious as f**k drink, trying to pretend that they don't hate their miserable, minimum wage existence.

You go girl!*

*I do, however, agree with everything you've said.**

**Apart from the bathbomb bit. I'm not a homo.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go girl!*

*I do, however, agree with everything you've said.**

**Apart from the bathbomb bit. I'm not a homo.

You've obviously not found the right one for you yet, mate.

That said, if I start acting like the minters who work in Lush as a result of using them, I'll need to kick my own c**t in.

Seeing as we have ventured into including eating establishements, McDonalds is pretty fucking grim.

Now, nipping in for a coffee at 7am before work, all is grand... but i had the misfortune of being dragged round the shops in Dundee a few Saturdays ago. Whilst she went in to look around the Overgate, I said I'd sit at the seating area outside, decided I fancied a McFlurry whilst I waited so nipped to the McDonalds round the corner.

It was hell on earth, scheme goblins pushing bairns in buggys, screaming at wee ADHD inflicted Kayden/Jaxon/Kai/Morgan, meanwhile the staff looked suicidal.

Actually think had I been a suicide bomber, I would be doing the world a favour

They really are horrible c***s. Have had 2 verbal exchanges with some old wankers over the past week at my local pool.

"Oi, stop looking under the door, ya young pervert! Help, BEAST!!"

There isn't a single sandwich in Subway that costs close to £8, unless he was having all sorts of extra cheese and meat on it.

Subway are significantly tastier than your standard sandwich place like Greggs, to me. I get them stuffed with all of the fresh veggies, and it's an entirely different experience to the others. Not terribly expensive either, considering what you get in comparison.

I can see how it would seem a bit mystifying for folk who aren't into the peppers 'n' shit, though. I'd be happy enough nomming on a 6" with just the veg TBH. Although the veggie patty thing is nice to go with them.

Disagree. They're rank. Why anyone would go to a Subway when there are a million and one individually owned sandwich shops that sell better ingredients. It's all very well saying that Subway has fresh veg (as though anyone's going to eat veg that's gone off), but their meat is processed as much as McDonalds, and their sauces coat the roof of your mouth with a chemical sheen.

Seeing as we have ventured into including eating establishements, McDonalds is pretty fucking grim.

Now, nipping in for a coffee at 7am before work, all is grand... but i had the misfortune of being dragged round the shops in Dundee a few Saturdays ago. Whilst she went in to look around the Overgate, I said I'd sit at the seating area outside, decided I fancied a McFlurry whilst I waited so nipped to the McDonalds round the corner.

It was hell on earth, scheme goblins pushing bairns in buggys, screaming at wee ADHD inflicted Kayden/Jaxon/Kai/Morgan, meanwhile the staff looked suicidal.

Actually think had I been a suicide bomber, I would be doing the world a favour

While that does sound grim, McFlurry's are to scheme-goblins what mousetraps baited with cheese and crack are to rodents. If you're going to venture in to a Maccy D's, you really shouldn't be surprised that it's full of utter dregs.

While that does sound grim, McFlurry's are to scheme-goblins what mousetraps baited with cheese and crack are to rodents. If you're going to venture in to a Maccy D's, you really shouldn't be surprised that it's full of utter dregs.

Aye I know

The self loathing I felt standing in there is only beginning to wear off.

I quite like TK Maxx, but then again I'm one of those awkward sizes which means I can nearly always get a good deal on Levi jeans etc. Maybe not as much of a bargain as they'd make you believe, but still less than you'd pay elsewhere. Most stuff in there is horrendous though.

Steak and cheese on wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, olives, jalapeños and southwest sauce aside, Subway is rank.

Disagree. They're rank. Why anyone would go to a Subway when there are a million and one individually owned sandwich shops that sell better ingredients. It's all very well saying that Subway has fresh veg (as though anyone's going to eat veg that's gone off), but their meat is processed as much as McDonalds, and their sauces coat the roof of your mouth with a chemical sheen.

I think I've only had a Subway once in the few months I've been here, but I used to have them semi-regularly when I was in Scotland. While the non-chain sandwich shops are sometimes going to be better, I tend to find that they are much less flexible in terms of what you can actually have in your sandwiches. They're always offering sandwiches with those meat-mayo combinations like coronation chicken or whatever, and it's not always straightforward to just get a sandwich with your chosen ingredients plus a sauce. A lot of these places have just got processed meats out of a supermarket or whatever anyway.

I live near the Metrocentre in Gateshead. It's supposed to be one of the biggest shopping centres in the UK, but literally about 90-95% of the shops in there are completely pointless. There are maybe 2 or 3 shops I'd visit (a book shop, an outdoor clothing shop, and a hideously overpriced whisky shop).

There isn't a single sandwich in Subway that costs close to £8, unless he was having all sorts of extra cheese and meat on it.

They seem to be worldwide too - there's more than one in the international departures area of Sydney Airport.

He had extra stuff put in the sandwich but how anyone can justify paying more than £2-£3 for a sandwich is beyond belief. A total rip off of a shop.

I understand the hatred of the sportsdirect shops as the layouts of everyone I have been in is a joke but in fairness their website is quite good for cheap stuff like t-shirts for under my overalls at work, base layer shorts for work and cheap stuff for playing 5s.

I think I've only had a Subway once in the few months I've been here, but I used to have them semi-regularly when I was in Scotland. While the non-chain sandwich shops are sometimes going to be better, I tend to find that they are much less flexible in terms of what you can actually have in your sandwiches. They're always offering sandwiches with those meat-mayo combinations like coronation chicken or whatever, and it's not always straightforward to just get a sandwich with your chosen ingredients plus a sauce. A lot of these places have just got processed meats out of a supermarket or whatever anyway.

Hmm, I see your point.

A good sandwich shop should really have provision for you to have as much as you want, but i know what you mean...

Major problem with Subway is that they take to the extreme the fast food shop issue of the food looking bugger all like the photos above the counter.

By the time it had the filling shoved in, toasted,

some veg shoved on, sauce randomly squirted on the sandwich and the wrapper.

Then they close it wrap it and squeeze tight, compacting the sandwich into a warm turd of bread, cheese, peppers, meat and sauce..........

I know a Big mac looks zero like the advertised photo, and same for Burger King,

But Subway absolutely win in the ability to make there product as unappealing looking as possible when you unwrap it at your desk 4mins after leaving the shop.

I know a Big mac looks zero like the advertised photo...

McDonalds-BigMac-1.jpg

Eta: On the Subway thing, their love for packaging and using as many plastic gloves as possible rather cheeses me off. It doesn't matter if you ask for only a just a single wrapper or say that you don't need a plastic bag with it, you always seem to get them. Vast majority of it ends up in the normal waste.

Archived