Jim Spence Leaving BBC?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when Richard Gordon was asked on otb about the open all mikes format - something along the lines of whether there are any time wasters on it. Diplomatically responded with;

"Well...I wouldn't go that far...it's just...em...Chick really likes being on the radio."

:lol:

Gordon spent a lifetime demeaning Chick on air with a smug air about him. Bit rich, I know Chick is shite but he's par for the lot of them, well above par for Preston, Ferguson, Paterson et al.

I never thought Jim showed any dislike for Celtic or Rangers (although surely any decent person dislikes the latter). But given the fawning, sycophantic, all-encompassing coverage that their fans are used to in the rest of the press, it must feel like someone dislikes them when they don't persistently talk about them.

Gordon spent a lifetime demeaning Chick on air with a smug air about him. Bit rich, I know Chick is shite but he's par for the lot of them, well above par for Preston, Ferguson, Paterson et al.

Hi Chick :)

The BBC could put together a decent panel show with Gordon, Spence, English and occasional guests from the broadsheets. Richard Wilson isnt the worst ever either.

f**k knows why they persevere with cretins like Young, Preston and Mcleod.

He will be missed on sportsound, one of the few decent quality reporters they had. Compare him to dross like Willie Miller who barely knows the name of the team Aberdeen are playing each Saturday, Allan Preston, chic young and eh Derek Ferguson (!!!!).

It's going to be grim next season on BBC radio Scotland...

Re Scots on Talksport, I forgot all about some roaster that sometimes appears in the very early hours of the morning, Stewart Weir. He's absolutely hopeless unsurprisingly. When I've had the misfortune to hear him he's stuttered and paused his way through talking down everything non-OF whilst making highly topical Stewart Baxter jokes. No wonder this pratt is only allowed on the graveyard shift. I've never heard of him anywhere else in Scottish football thank God.

Why is Dougie Donnelly not the 'face' of BBC Scottish Football these days still? They've never been able to replace him.

BBC Sport Scotland was cut back to the barebones and is now mostly staffed by freelancers. Presumably DD wasn't happy at continuing in the same role but without the same job security. AFAIK he does a lot of work for the Golf Channel. The freelance Rob Maclean is seemingly a bigger "name" for their live coverage than Jonathan Sutherland, who is a staffer.

Even Richard Gordon isn't a BBC employee. Occasionally he disappears to work for Corporate Commentary, an on-course golf commentary service for people in hospitality lounges.

BBC Sport Scotland was cut back to the barebones and is now mostly staffed by freelancers. Presumably DD wasn't happy at continuing in the same role but without the same job security. AFAIK he does a lot of work for the Golf Channel. The freelance Rob Maclean is seemingly a bigger "name" for their live coverage than Jonathan Sutherland, who is a staffer.

Even Richard Gordon isn't a BBC employee. Occasionally he disappears to work for Corporate Commentary, an on-course golf commentary service for people in hospitality lounges.

Richard Gordon looks like a proper spare part in that entire video.

Neil_goldman.jpg

Re Scots on Talksport, I forgot all about some roaster that sometimes appears in the very early hours of the morning, Stewart Weir. He's absolutely hopeless unsurprisingly. When I've had the misfortune to hear him he's stuttered and paused his way through talking down everything non-OF whilst making highly topical Stewart Baxter jokes. No wonder this pratt is only allowed on the graveyard shift. I've never heard of him anywhere else in Scottish football thank God.

He's one of the worst people going on Twitter too, which is a pretty big achievement given who else is on there. People occasionally retweet him on to my timeline and it's always toe-curling attempts at "comedy", or aimless moaning about something or other that has happened in Scottish football.

Archived