Mis matched pre-season friendlys

Not quite so exciting but a few years back, Caley Thistle ended up playing North Caledonian side Muir of Ord Rovers. I think this was after a previous game against either Wick or Forres was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. The pitch was basically a public park complete with pavilion and adjacent bowling green. In the end ICT ran out 10-0 victors side which included Ryan Christie, Conor Pepper (now at Morton) and the then Welsh international Owain Tudur Jones! Antonio Reguero, who'd previously played in the Real Madrid first team was on the bench but didn't an appearance. Terry Butcher watched the game from over the fence while stood on a grassy mound in the car park!

We also beat a Italian local side during a pre-season training camp over there 13-0 about a decade ago. Wasn't at that game though.

Edited by Highland Capital

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not quite so exciting but a few years back, Caley Thistle ended up playing North Caledonian side Muir of Ord Rovers. I think this was after a previous game against either Wick or Forres was cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch. The pitch was basically a public park complete with pavilion and adjacent bowling green. In the end ICT ran out 10-0 victors side which included Ryan Christie, Conor Pepper (now at Morton) and the then Welsh international Owain Tudur Jones! Antonio Reguero, who'd previously played in the Real Madrid first team was on the bench but didn't an appearance. Terry Butcher watched the game from over the fence while stood on a grassy mound in the car park!

We also beat a Italian local side during a pre-season training camp over there 13-0 about a decade ago. Wasn't at that game though.

Pre merger Caledonian beat Golspie Sutherland 15 or 16 nil in the North of Scotland cup.

Platinum Star and it was 3-0 

I remember watching that game live.  Presumably the only match in history broadcast live on Sky Sports News!  I'm sure Platinum Stars missed a penalty really early on as well.  Ballooned over the bar as I recall.

I remember watching that game live.  Presumably the only match in history broadcast live on Sky Sports News!  I'm sure Platinum Stars missed a penalty really early on as well.  Ballooned over the bar as I recall.

There was a Spanish game on SSN around 2007/08.

I remember because I was living in Inverness and only had freeview, which at that time carried SSN.

• 2 weeks later...

A friendly between Wales and New Zealand (in football) was once on SSN, I think all five of the home nations were playing at the same time

• 2 months later...

Not a friendly but everyone's favourite cup (the Estonian) has started again for this season.

There's already been one walkover and a 13-0 victory, with the winners of that match currently sitting bottom of the top flight, one point in 14 games with a -35 goal difference.

• 3 weeks later...