Mis matched pre-season friendlys

I seem to remember hearing that the Dutch international team always play an invited amateur side prior to big tournaments with a view to winning 25-0 or something. An attempt to build confidence, although I've never been convinced.

Recall reading something similar about the great Hungarian team of the 50's. Must have worked for them as think they only lost once from mid 1950 to 1956, although the loss was in the World Cup Final.

Bayern Munich traditionally open preseason with an away game at one of their supporters clubs

They play a team of supporters through the paulaner brewery. You can apply to play.

I seem to remember hearing that the Dutch international team always play an invited amateur side prior to big tournaments with a view to winning 25-0 or something. An attempt to build confidence, although I've never been convinced.

Recall reading something similar about the great Hungarian team of the 50's. Must have worked for them as think they only lost once from mid 1950 to 1956, although the loss was in the World Cup Final.

England tried that just before the Euro 88 Championship. Humped some amateur side by about 10 goals, sent them off to the tournament all full of confidence.......only to lose every game. :lol:

I seem to recall Celtic hammering some Dutch outfit 21-0 during the mid 90s.

Fresh from 14-0 and 16-0 wins against total diddy outfits in their past two presason games, Hoffenheim continue their demanding preseason tomorrow morning when they play non-league Weinheim.

At least Weinheim managed to score but ended up 15-1 win for Hoffenheim.

Fresh from 14-0 and 16-0 wins against total diddy outfits in their past two presason games, Hoffenheim continue their demanding preseason tomorrow morning when they play non-league Weinheim.

At least Weinheim managed to score but ended up 15-1 win for Hoffenheim.

You'll have egg on your face when Hoffenheim beat Bayer Leverkusen 16-0 away from home on the opening Bundesliga fixture.

My uncle used to live in Germany, and his amateur team played a pre-season game against Unterhaching, who were either in the Bundesliga or recently relegated. They got absolutely slaughtered, and a guy called Altin Rrakli scored something ridiculous like 8 goals. Less than a year later, he scored against England in a World Cup qualifier.

Interesting friendly coming up next week when Pontypridd Town take on Deportivo de La Coruna in Spain. Pontypridd currently play in the fourth tier of Welsh football.

They played Valencia last Summer, and only lost 3-0, although it was presumably Valencias eighth string side.

No idea how they get these games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Interesting friendly coming up next week when Pontypridd Town take on Deportivo de La Coruna in Spain. Pontypridd currently play in the fourth tier of Welsh football. This is their ground:

20150103_1307571.jpg

20150103_130806.jpg

And this is Deportivo de La Coruna's:

7989407488_57784053e2_b.jpg

4361001112_e885e7aaf2_b.jpg

:thumsup2:lol::thumsup2:lol::thumsup2

0-0 at half time