Mis matched pre-season friendlys

Fort William are used to playing HL opposition not schoolboys so thrashing one of Jeanfield's youth teams (it was Jeanfield U19 Reds) may not signal a brave new dawn in Lochaber.

Their subsequent friendlies at home v Campbeltown Amateurs and Glenrothes of EOS League, and at Rosyth of East Juniors, may prove more informative.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:48, highlandcowden said:

men against boys apparantly

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:33, Jeek said:
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:48, highlandcowden said:
men against boys apparantly

The fort team is hardly crammed with experience too mind. Seen they had a 14 year old playing (and scoring)

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:49, HibeeJibee said:

Fort William are used to playing HL opposition not schoolboys so thrashing one of Jeanfield's youth teams (it was Jeanfield U19 Reds) may not signal a brave new dawn in Lochaber.

Their subsequent friendlies at home v Campbeltown Amateurs and Glenrothes of EOS League, and at Rosyth of East Juniors, may prove more informative.

Promptly along comes Campbeltown Amateurs 7-1 Fort William in today's friendly. Ouch.

It's Bristol Manor Farm. I used to live just down the road from them. Played up there a few times and they're a med /low end junior team standard IMO.

They do this every year, play against a local team in pre-season. An old club of mine, Hengrove Athletic were last year. Makes a bit of money for the club as city usually have a lot of 1st teamers playing.

Apologies for going all 'Buzz Killington'
I see City demolished local side Hallen 14-0 today. Record crowd at Hallen though so I'm sure they won't mind too much.

I see City demolished local side Hallen 14-0 today. Record crowd at Hallen though so I'm sure they won't mind too much.
Yeah 14 scud!
It's a really good initiative that city do playing one of the teams each year. I'm not sure exactly what the rules are but they tend to be around western league standard so level 9/10 or so.
Loads show up for it as there's always a few first teamers.and the local clubs make a bit of money from it.

Mind you, maybe could have calmed down a wee bit when they got to 8 of nine [emoji23]

Rovers don't seem to do the same thing sadly

Yeah 14 scud!
It's a really good initiative that city do playing one of the teams each year. I'm not sure exactly what the rules are but they tend to be around western league standard so level 9/10 or so.
Loads show up for it as there's always a few first teamers.and the local clubs make a bit of money from it.

Mind you, maybe could have calmed down a wee bit when they got to 8 of nine [emoji23]

Rovers don't seem to do the same thing sadly
Trouble with games like this is that there will be guys who come on in the second half who are bursting their arses to make an impression. Janneh and Lemonheigh-Evans were both on loan at Torquay last season, where City gaffer Lee Johnson's old man Gary is the manager.FB_IMG_1562535586465.jpg

While the resultwill be somewhat out of place in this thread, this scoreline from last night just sounds beautiful:

Accrington Stanley 2-1 Marseille

No idea what kind of team Marseille had out, but Florian Thauvin scored their goal.

4 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

While the resultwill be somewhat out of place in this thread, this scoreline from last night just sounds beautiful:

Accrington Stanley 2-1 Marseille

No idea what kind of team Marseille had out, but Florian Thauvin scored their goal.

That was played at Salford’s Rugby League ground. It was a 6pm kick off wish it had been a bit earlier would have went before going to Tranmere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Game over.

7-3 final.

2 red cards, 1 each, 3 yellow, 2 for Real.

Atletico could have scored 12 by the end. Both teams at full strength according to Marca, Spanish sports paper.

Late goals flattered Real.

Screenshot_20190727-025808_Twitter.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...