Mis matched pre-season friendlys

Hopefully the Roda manager tore into his players for not being more clinical, especially between mins 16-28 and 71-85.

In all seriousness some of the scorelines are hilarious. Hoffenheim won 16-0 and QPR 10-0 today aswell.

Always wondered why on earth these obvious mis matches would benefit either side involved?

Are that country still playing in the Australasia section of WC qualifying?

The one that Australia fucked 23-0 and similar defeats to NewZealand etc?

Cant remember their name, American Guinea or something?

American Samoa. They still play in qualifying I'm sure, not so sure about friendlies.

They aren't quite as bad now to the best of my knowledge. Archie Thompson scored 13 or so in the 31-0 game against the Aussies and I think he ended up with more goals than games for his country.

Meadowbank Thistle used to occasionally play local side AVU Amateurs in a pre-season game. The first year I saw the game the then 2nd Division Champions won about 15-0. Next year it was about 18-0, the following year 22-0.. I think the fixture stopped after that one..

American Samoa. They still play in qualifying I'm sure, not so sure about friendlies.

They aren't quite as bad now to the best of my knowledge. Archie Thompson scored 13 or so in the 31-0 game against the Aussies and I think he ended up with more goals than games for his country.

54 games 28 goals so 13 in 1 and 15 over the other 53. Hoffenheim won 16-0 v Baiertal & Darmstadt 10-0 v Kehler FV yesterday and Werder Bremen 11-0 last weekend v MSV Neuruppin.

54 games 28 goals so 13 in 1 and 15 over the other 53. Hoffenheim won 16-0 v Baiertal & Darmstadt 10-0 v Kehler FV yesterday and Werder Bremen 11-0 last weekend v MSV Neuruppin.

For some reason I thought Thompson only won a handful of caps. Having just googled him I'm surprised to see he is still playing.

For some reason I thought Thompson only won a handful of caps. Having just googled him I'm surprised to see he is still playing.

Still a good player to have on the subs bench and is an annoying c**t when he plays Adelaide as has a habit of scoring against us.

Great documentary about them if you can past the rather dull first 10/15 minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Goal_Wins

Another 14-0 for Lazio against CS Auronzo, you have to wonder what purpose mis-matched games like this do?

Are these matches away at the smaller team or at home? If it's away, then I guess the financial boost will be a big driver behind the game. If not, could just be links between the clubs that mean they regularly play each other.

Is tough to see what exactly the big team gets out of it, apart from the opportunity to hand out an absolute horsing.

The Australian one was a little different. There were visa issues and AS had to play their youth team.

I don't think it was there youth team but whatever players they could find. I think the average age of the starting 11 was 18

I seem to remember hearing that the Dutch international team always play an invited amateur side prior to big tournaments with a view to winning 25-0 or something. An attempt to build confidence, although I've never been convinced.

AFC Arhem 0-10 Burton Albion (seeing a trend here)

Whitehaven 0-9 Workington

SK St Johann 1-19 MSV Duisburg

AFC Arhem 0-10 Panathinaikos

MSV 1919 Neuruppin 0-11 Werder Bremen