Mis matched pre-season friendlys

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wigton and Bladnoch 0 Whitletts Vic's 19 today according to the Scottish fixtures website.

Was just coming on here to post this as I saw it on another thread. We need to adopt the Estonian Cup model as I think even Killie might hit double figures against them.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Wigton and Bladnoch 0 Whitletts Vic's 19 today according to the Scottish fixtures website.

It was 'only' 5 at half-time. Whitletts then scored 7 in the last 10 minutes.

On 29/06/2022 at 21:19, Connor1874 said:

12 in the end for Klagenfurt and a 12-0 win too for FC Voluntari of Romania, against Polish side Orleta Kielce.

Feel a bit sad seeing Klagenfurt beat Villach 12-0. I worked for a year in Villach in the 1980s and lived about 5 minutes from their stadium (Lind Stadion). They were a decent enough 2nd division team at the time, but have fallen upon very hard times since then. In both Villach and Klagenfurt ice hockey is the number one spectator sport and football really struggles to attract a crowd.

On 03/07/2022 at 08:42, Kasnudeln said:

Feel a bit sad seeing Klagenfurt beat Villach 12-0. I worked for a year in Villach in the 1980s and lived about 5 minutes from their stadium (Lind Stadion). They were a decent enough 2nd division team at the time, but have fallen upon very hard times since then. In both Villach and Klagenfurt ice hockey is the number one spectator sport and football really struggles to attract a crowd.

Klagenfurt have got a massive stadium now too. No idea why if they don't really have the fanbase. 

1 minute ago, Connor1874 said:

Klagenfurt have got a massive stadium now too. No idea why if they don't really have the fanbase. 

The stadium was built for the European championships a few years back. The plan was that the top tier would be dismantled after the championships, and Klagenfurt football would be left with a more modest-sized stadium.  The stadium then started being used for international games, cup finals, etc. and  after a few years political wrangling it was decided to leave the stadium as it currently is. A bit of a white elephant, but quite a good looking one.

18 hours ago, Kasnudeln said:

The stadium was built for the European championships a few years back. The plan was that the top tier would be dismantled after the championships, and Klagenfurt football would be left with a more modest-sized stadium.  The stadium then started being used for international games, cup finals, etc. and  after a few years political wrangling it was decided to leave the stadium as it currently is. A bit of a white elephant, but quite a good looking one.

Ah, makes sense. I notice they use it for cup finals now too. Sort of a defacto national stadium in a provincial town.

I would love to watch an 11 a side game with no offsides.

The 7 a sides I shamble along at every week even have an informal offside rule to prevent poaching b*****ds. Handballs and violent fouls are rarely given though. And nobody is ever sure if it should be kick ins or throw ins.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

16 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I would love to watch an 11 a side game with no offsides.

The 7 a sides I shamble along at every week even have an informal offside rule to prevent poaching b*****ds. Handballs and violent fouls are rarely given though. And nobody is ever sure if it should be kick ins or throw ins.

It's  been done in the League and Dryburgh cups. It was shite.

No offside outside the 18 yard line.