Mis matched pre-season friendlys

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

From the early rounds of the Finish Cup:

Round 0

PPS/Diablos Rojos (7) 2-10 KäPa/NoLe (5)
FC Kontu/TDJ (8) 1-11 FC Kirkkonummi (4)
Olarin Kiksi (6) 0-8 FC Espoo (4)
Urjalan Palloseura (6) 0-14 P-Iirot (4)

1st Round

AC StaSi (7) 0-15 EPS/Reservi (4)
AS RaPe (8) 1-14 Atlantis FC/Akatemia (4)
Helsingin Ponnistus/Peruskallio (7) 0-9 PK35/2 (5)
Mooseksen Potku (8) 0-12 VJS/2 (5)
FC POHU/JäPa (5) 1-10 SAPA (4)
Naseva (7) 1-11 JaPS M35 (+35)
Jäppärä (6) 1-10 KumuJT/Edustus (5)
Karhulan Pojat (7) 0-11 JäPS/47 (4)
Pallo-Peikot (7) 1-17 Imatran Palloseura (4)
Ylöjärvi United FC (6) 0-12 Pallo-Iirot (4)
KJV/Kanu (7) 1-9 Black Eagles (6)
STPS (6) 0-8 Kuopion Elo (4)
SiPS (6) 0-8 AC BARCA (4)
Kolarin Kontio (6) 1-15 TP-47 (4)

Also shout out to some top tier team names like SexyPöxyt (4), Chicken Wings (5), FC POHU/Simpsons (6), AC StaSi (7) & FC Tarzan (6). FC Santa Claus (6) who were revived last year sadly put out by Tervarit (4).

AS RaPe could be Goodwillie's next move.

20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not a friendly, but West Didsbury beat St Martins 18-0 yesterday in the NWCL.

https://wdcfc.co.uk/ 

Looks like that's basically League 10 in the system. Crowd 940. I would've thought you'd be much be nearer that poor guy and his mutt that goes to loads of local games even if it is in Manchester. 

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Looks like that's basically League 10 in the system. Crowd 940. I would've thought you'd be much be nearer that poor guy and his mutt that goes to loads of local games even if it is in Manchester. 

I've been to West Didsbury it's a lovely place and a nice wee ground. They were getting thumped every week and on the way down, but seem to have bounced back a bit. I didn't think they'd get that many though.

Average attendance in that region will be through the roof with Macclesfield and Bury in it this season. Bury will need another promotion to get to the NPL.

20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've been to West Didsbury it's a lovely place and a nice wee ground. They were getting thumped every week and on the way down, but seem to have bounced back a bit. I didn't think they'd get that many though.

Average attendance in that region will be through the roof with Macclesfield and Bury in it this season. Bury will need another promotion to get to the NPL.

I've always loved the name Chorlton-cum-Hardy for childish humour reasons. Bit of a yoghurt knitter enclave now. 

I didn't realise those clubs were so far down on their restarts. You'd think they'd be taking 4 figures to most games especially with the leagues being regionalised. I know the'd both rather be struggling in League One or Two again but the supporters are going to have a few years of some cracking away days to soften the blow!

• 1 month later...

Sure you've all been at the edge of yer seat for Suomen Cup updates:

Second Round

FC Ruskon Pallo (6) 1-10 Åbo IFK (4)
KäPa/NoLe (5) 0-11 FC Espoo (4)
Ares -86 (6) 0-7 Kotkan Jäntevä (5)
Jalkarannan Palloseura/M35 (+35) 9-2 Kumu Junior Team (5)
Sääksjärven Loiske (4) 0-14 Tampereen Pallo-Veikot (4)
Puijon Pallo M35 (+35) 0-19 Pallo-Kerho 37 (4)

Third Round

Tampereen Ilves/3 (8) 1-11 FC Inter 2 (4)
EPS/I (5) 1-8 Klubi 04 (3)
SUMU/sob (5) 0-10 IFK Helsingfors (1)
SJK-j Apollo (7) 2-10 Kokkolan Palloveikot (2)
Kokkolan Palloseura (6) 1-15 Tornion Pallo-47 (4)
Tervarit (4) 0-8 Vaasan Palloseura (1)
Blue Eyes Team (5) 1-15 PEPO Lappeenranta (2)
Kotkan Jäntevä (5) 0-9 Mikkelin Palloilijat (2)

Fourth Round

SC Riverball (4) 0-8 Mikkelin Palloilijat (2)

Sure you've all been at the edge of yer seat for Suomen Cup updates:

Second Round

FC Ruskon Pallo (6) 1-10 Åbo IFK (4)
KäPa/NoLe (5) 0-11 FC Espoo (4)
Ares -86 (6) 0-7 Kotkan Jäntevä (5)
Jalkarannan Palloseura/M35 (+35) 9-2 Kumu Junior Team (5)
Sääksjärven Loiske (4) 0-14 Tampereen Pallo-Veikot (4)
Puijon Pallo M35 (+35) 0-19 Pallo-Kerho 37 (4)

Third Round

Tampereen Ilves/3 (8) 1-11 FC Inter 2 (4)
EPS/I (5) 1-8 Klubi 04 (3)
SUMU/sob (5) 0-10 IFK Helsingfors (1)
SJK-j Apollo (7) 2-10 Kokkolan Palloveikot (2)
Kokkolan Palloseura (6) 1-15 Tornion Pallo-47 (4)
Tervarit (4) 0-8 Vaasan Palloseura (1)
Blue Eyes Team (5) 1-15 PEPO Lappeenranta (2)
Kotkan Jäntevä (5) 0-9 Mikkelin Palloilijat (2)

Fourth Round

SC Riverball (4) 0-8 Mikkelin Palloilijat (2)

In unexpectedly not mismatched scorelines from the Suomen Cup - Ilves 2 defeated Ilves 2-1. Definitely no shenanigans involved in this last minute winner.

Finland and Estonia... brothers in language and having fucking mental cup competitions. 

Why we don't have these sort of shenangians in Scotland is beyond me. f**k this preliminary round nonsense. I want Celtic coming back from a Champions League tie against Real Madrid and having to get ready for Bonar Bridge away in the Scottish Cup 1st round.

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm sure we're all excited ahead of the Scotland game tonight, that is dwarfed by the excitement at the start of the 2022/23 Eesti Karikas this evening.

Only one first round tie this evening as Tallinna Wolves II take on Flora III. Wolves II lost 14-0 to FC Cosmos in the Väike Karikas (Small Cup) so Flora's third string side have probably already put a few goals past them. Albeit losing 14-0 against an entire cosmos is perhaps respectable given the billions upon billions of players they must be able to select from.

The most likely cricket score I can see thus far is in one of the second round ties already confirmed between two teams drawn a bye in round one as top flight Nõmme Kalju visit local minnows Jalgpallihaigla in July.

On 15/05/2022 at 19:59, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Finland and Estonia... brothers in language and having fucking mental cup competitions. 

Why we don't have these sort of shenangians in Scotland is beyond me. f**k this preliminary round nonsense. I want Celtic coming back from a Champions League tie against Real Madrid and having to get ready for Bonar Bridge away in the Scottish Cup 1st round.

I’ve literally just posted something similar in the Scottish Cup thread!

You are right though, fire everyone in the first round draw. It’ll be a laugh…

• 2 weeks later...

SC Hassbergen 1955  0 -  15  Hannover 96. 

Each pre-season Hannover play 4 or 5 friendlies against local lower league clubs. Can‘t remember one against a team from tier 9 or 10 which is what Hassbergen‘s ‚Kreisliga Nienberg‘ will be.

7 up at half-time with a further 8 added in the 2nd half. Not surprising considering the gulf in ability plus a good few of H96‘s recent signings were given a run-out. 

On 12/06/2022 at 22:28, German Jag said:

SC Hassbergen 1955  0 -  15  Hannover 96. 

Each pre-season Hannover play 4 or 5 friendlies against local lower league clubs. Can‘t remember one against a team from tier 9 or 10 which is what Hassbergen‘s ‚Kreisliga Nienberg‘ will be.

7 up at half-time with a further 8 added in the 2nd half. Not surprising considering the gulf in ability plus a good few of H96‘s recent signings were given a run-out. 

That's an incredibly early start to pre season.

39 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Under normal circumstances, yes. BL2 starts mid July 15th-17th this season due to the World Cup kicking off in November. 

BL2 going on a break as well? Hopefully 3rd Liga is still going, will need somewhere to watch football without the reminder of the Ukraine match.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2022 at 19:59, AsimButtHitsASix said:

To be fair, I think the Finnish Cup only changed to that format in the last couple of years. Sure all the lower clubs played prelim rounds but the top flight teams didn't come into it until the group stages, but which point there wasn't many clubs left who weren't in maybe the 2nd or 3rd tier. Love a cup competition that's straight knockout with bigger names in it early though.

Just went to watch the highlights from the recent Estonian Cup final and found by chance that you can watch top flight games live on YouTube. Currently watching Flora Tallinn vs Parnu. Home side 2 up inside 20 minutes.