Mis matched pre-season friendlys

16 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

South of Scotland League yesterday gave us a Threave Rovers 13-0 Caledonian Braves SOS. Educated guess is the Frenchies are missing some players due to the academic year not having started.

Juniors delivered 3x 'double-digiters'... Broughty Athletic 10-0 Dundee St James and Scone Thistle 0-10 Lochee Harp (Midland) plus Culter 11-0 Ellon Utd (North).

The early rounds of the Estonian cup have been disappointingly tame this season. Wiki shows a lot of scratched ties, so I'm assuming COVID is the cause for most of them. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing what the Narva Vs IBK Here for Beer score was going to be.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Estonian_Cup
Yep, I agree. Still a decent number of potential cricket scores in the second round as long as the Rahvaliiga and fifth/sixth tier sides don't withdraw.
And with that being said, tonight's result: Viljandi Tulevik 26 (Twenty-Six) FC Lelle 0 (Nil)

2 hours ago, Markka said:

And with that being said, tonight's result: Viljandi Tulevik 26 (Twenty-Six) FC Lelle 0 (Nil)

Crikey. I can't comprehend how poor some of these lower league Estonian teams must be. Assuming Tulevik are at best the same level as a lower end Scottish Championship/ top half League One club (that's probably being very generous), then the likes of Lelle must be at the same level as the very worst Welfare/Amateur league teams.

Looking at the draw for the next round, I can see there are a few top tier vs tier 6 and RL ties, so if these ties go ahead, then Arbroath's famous record could be in serious jeopardy.

This should be the format of every country's cup competition though. I'd love to see someone like Hearts given an away tie to some over 75s walking football team down at the local 3g pitch.

20 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This should be the format of every country's cup competition though. I'd love to see someone like Hearts given an away tie to some over 75s walking football team down at the local 3g pitch.

Its fucking sensational. Personal favourite is a couple of season's ago, Maardu United's 2nd team winning their first round tie 21-2, and then losing 10-0 themselves in the second round against an under 21 side. 

In the late 80s Meadowbank Thistle used to play a warm up against AVU Amateurs each pre-season.

So you had seasoned 1st Division professionals against a local amateur side. I can remember the scores being 15-0, 20-0, 22-0.

I was heartened to see a couple of years ago that AVU still existed. Albeit their game against Whitburn Amateurs was abandoned that day due to a pagar breaking out.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

In the late 80s Meadowbank Thistle used to play a warm up against AVU Amateurs each pre-season.

So you had seasoned 1st Division professionals against a local amateur side. I can remember the scores being 15-0, 20-0, 22-0.

I was heartened to see a couple of years ago that AVU still existed. Albeit their game against Whitburn Amateurs was abandoned that day due to a pagar breaking out.

I suppose in the long run, those games were better for AVU than Meadowbank...

Too soon?

The early rounds of the Estonian cup have been disappointingly tame this season. Wiki shows a lot of scratched ties, so I'm assuming COVID is the cause for most of them. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing what the Narva Vs IBK Here for Beer score was going to be.
Nõmme Kalju 32 (thirty-two!) FC Mulgi 0. Biggest win in the cup since 2015.

While this is obviously an incredible scoreline, it's been a goal friendly weekend in the Eesti Karikas and you have to feel for Flora Tallinn's second eleven and Tallinna Legion, whose 24 and 21 goal winning margins yesterday against Karsklus and Soccernet respectively have been somewhat overshadowed by today's result.

We've also had a 13-1 win. an 11-1 win, a 10-0 win and two 9-0 wins this weekend but I'm not sure they fall in the same mis-matched category any more.

48 minutes ago, Markka said:
On 19/07/2021 at 09:55, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It was very cruel of the ref to add on at least one extra minute at the end.

That was a Second Round match. How bad must the team that lost 3-1 to them in the First Round be?
At least your boys Eston Villa made it through. Same sadly can't be said for newcomers EstHam United.

In more Estonian Cup fun, they've drawn the next round and Tulevik (who seem to have got a walkover in round 2) have been drawn against their own reserves.

Flora Tallinn will face their u19 side assuming the youths get by FCP Pärnu in round two.

• 2 weeks later...

The third round of the ever entertaining Estonian Cup is underway. Vijandi Tulevik beat Vijandi Tulevik U21s 10-0 yesterday. Those colt teams are obviously going to lead Estonia to glory at Euro 2028. Flora U19s have also been drawn against their first team.

Narva Trans Vs 5th tier Eston Villa looks like the best bet for a cricket score this round.

21 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The third round of the ever entertaining Estonian Cup is underway. Vijandi Tulevik beat Vijandi Tulevik U21s 10-0 yesterday. Those colt teams are obviously going to lead Estonia to glory at Euro 2028. Flora U19s have also been drawn against their first team.

Narva Trans Vs 5th tier Eston Villa looks like the best bet for a cricket score this round.

They are built to conquer!