Man In The High Castle

NorthernLights

Just watched the last episode tonight. All fairly predictable at the end, apart from that bit! Still, an enjoyable watch and looking forward to season 2

ETA - oh, and f**k you amazon. Why put in a tab for season 2 if  all you've got to show is a fucking trailer :angry:

Edited by Mr X

Guest bernardblack
Just watched the last episode tonight. All fairly predictable at the end, apart from that bit! Still, an enjoyable watch and looking forward to season 2

ETA - oh, and f**k you amazon. Why put in a tab for season 2 if  all you've got to show is a fucking trailer :angry:

Haha I did the exact same. Sheer rage when all there was, was a preview!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump. Just finished it today, it is fairly hard going (and I've actually watched a few episodes twice and noticed wee things that now mean a lot more; John's son dropping the baseball for example) but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a programme that you have to properly concentrate on, but it becomes completely gripping and fascinating when you do. The last episode was fairly meh until the last 20 minutes when it just exploded into life. The ending with the trade minister was bizarre, but I loved the bit with Obergruppenführer Smith and Heydrich and the phone.

Questions everywhere, and I'm fairly delighted I didn't watch it when it first came out so I don't have to wait that long for the new series.

• 1 month later...

New series starts on December 16th and the trailers look really promising. I imagine episodes will be drip fed once a week though which is a shame. I'd have liked to binge watch them all over the Christmas period like I did last year. :D

Watched the first season over the last couple weeks, thought the end was really odd, didn't really understand it. Some great characters though, really like Smith. Wegener and the trade minister are also great, and I felt really sad for the Japanese investigator who was close to committing seppuku (then I remembered he gassed that family). Luckily I only need to wait a few weeks for season 2.

On 11/19/2016 at 13:29, Elixir said:

New series starts on December 16th and the trailers look really promising. I imagine episodes will be drip fed once a week though which is a shame. I'd have liked to binge watch them all over the Christmas period like I did last year. :D

Amazon don't usually do this with their original content, they've done it with The Grand Tour for some reason (probably to build hype in the hope of more sign ups and the fact it's not a continuous narrative). 

I think they'll release them all in one go, they know how important binge watching is to streaming services and the entire first season was available from launch. Looking forward to it but I've forgotten quite a bit of the first season, hope it has a good catch up at the start.

Just watched this all in a oner on a flight home from California. Brilliant show with some great characters (especially the supporting characters). Only thing I don't like is the film's they are transporting, it's daft, would be an incredible show with just the premise along with a resistance fighting it. I guess it's lining up for some parallel universe bullshit and a gateway between them. What a first season though, maybe best first season of anything I've watched.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2016 at 10:20, Tommy Nooka said:

Amazon don't usually do this with their original content, they've done it with The Grand Tour for some reason (probably to build hype in the hope of more sign ups and the fact it's not a continuous narrative). 

I think they'll release them all in one go, they know how important binge watching is to streaming services and the entire first season was available from launch. Looking forward to it but I've forgotten quite a bit of the first season, hope it has a good catch up at the start.

You were spot on. Belter! Will definitely be racing through these over the next week or two.

On 22/11/2016 at 10:20, Tommy Nooka said:

It doesnt :lol:

Pretty much just fires straight into continuing from the last series. It picks up exactly where the first season ended

I was an absolute disgrace yesterday, still hungover today.  

I did the whole season in a oner since I was incapable of doing anything.   

SPOILER -THE APP DOESN'T DO SPOILERS PROPERLY

Spoiler

I felt like the first two episodes were part of Season 1 rather than the current one.  

Joe Blake's storyline is tedious in the extreme, if it wasnt for the fact that Nicole Becker is there then it's a complete waste of time.  You can add the master of time, space and trade deals to that too...

However other than this was absolutely brilliant. 

Get it watched

Finished watching season one again last night and got the first episode of season two in as well. It was excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. Good to see the above comments as well.

On 12/19/2016 at 20:21, itzdrk said:

I was an absolute disgrace yesterday, still hungover today.  

I did the whole season in a oner since I was incapable of doing anything.   

SPOILER -THE APP DOESN'T DO SPOILERS PROPERLY

Hide contents

I felt like the first two episodes were part of Season 1 rather than the current one.  

Joe Blake's storyline is tedious in the extreme, if it wasnt for the fact that Nicole Becker is there then it's a complete waste of time.  You can add the master of time, space and trade deals to that too...

However other than this was absolutely brilliant. 

Get it watched

I'm pretty happy that Frank is dead (we think) now. Resistance were doing my tits in and achieved f**k all despite being a massive inconvenience to everyone.

Loving the John Smith storyline. Thought the flashback to DC being nuked was quite interesting and I hope we get a bit more of his back story. My money is on him being a secret Jew who took the plainest name imaginable to look Aryan and defected to save his family (and conventionally, when a lot of paper files were destroyed in the blast). He doesn't believe in the shit he's promoting but worked to indoctrinate his children because that, in theory, would lead to them having good lives (although it went a bit far).

Such a good series and I can barely fault a single character.

A third season is surely inevitable and I can't see how they could possibly f**k it up at this point, tbh. Shame we'll likely have to wait until next Christmas again, though. :lol: