East Region Super League 2015-16

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Kelty more home matches during the late Autumn & early Winter as the new surface would probably be more likely

to be playable than some other grounds. Surely that would help. I don't think any club should face 3 away matches a week

just because they have a surface that is playable earlier in the season.

Most certainly not shooting Kelty down and I with most applaud them for the work they are carrying out to improve their park - the various problems in the past you refer have been well discussed previously. I think unfortunately my own views on this have been taken by some as having a dig at Kelty and that was never my intention.

But the fact remains - should a fixture list be balanced and therefore Fair for ALL or changed to suit a single club? This is nothing to do with a team making ground improvements or knocking any team - my point is about What is Fair to ALL Clubs.

Linlithgow Rose played 10/14 home games in the first half of the season past - 10/14 away games in the second half of last season due to rearranged / switched fixtures etc.

This imbalance was in no part due to the league secretary, it happened quite naturally as it often does at our level as winter takes its grip & clubs would rather switch a fixture than sit idle.

The league secretary merely accommodates member clubs as best he can, which is what he is continuing to do this season.

This time round, It will be interesting to compare any sides league fixture imbalance at a similar stage to the one mentioned above, one which equates to over (70%) of home ties played by the one club at the half way point.

If you really want balance & fair play for all, surely improvements being made to grounds is as valid a reason for ties to be switched as pitches being unplayable.

With the former, the improved facilities, will be there for all to benefit from for years to come, while the status quo is likely to remain with the latter.

There have already been a few suggestions above as to how fixtures could be evened up over the coming months.

Will you no be at Ibrox this season anyway?

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone have a list of teams transfers in and out for new season,and who`s everyones favourites for the title ?????

Dean go to the Scottish football

Magazine website p it tells you all transfers and Kelty are 9/4 favourites with McBookie

does anyone have a list of teams transfers in and out for new season,and who`s everyones favourites for the title ?????

Been watching the comings & goings at most of the clubs who post on P&B plus Nitten, expecting this season to be a tough campaign for every club, ours included, could be the tightest league in years with those who finished top 4 last season finding it more difficult to get the points in & pull away from the pack.

Two sides I do expect to improve on last seasons finishes however are Bonnyrigg Rose (7th) & Camelon Juniors (12th).

Bonnyrigg were top priced 7/1 at this stage last season, the books initially priced them up 25/1 this time round, not surprising that has gone given they are probably better placed to mount a challenge this time round with the signings they have made.

Camelon fans may have been down at losing the likes of Marty Wright to Bo`ness but `JS` has bought in well, I liked the cut of their Jib last season and see no reason they cant be taking points from any side, especially at Cairmuirs.

Will also be watching with interest how the young H.O.B squad perform with the experience of another season on their back.

1. Newtongrange

2. Bo'ness

3. Linlithgow

4. Kelty Hearts

5. Bonnyrigg

6. CAMELON

7. Penicuik

8. Sauchie

9. Broxburn

10. Fauldhouse

11. Musselburgh

12. Hillo Beath

13. Tayport

14. St.Andrews (pl)

15. Broughty®

16. Carnoustie ®

Thats my prediction for mcbookie.com east region super league

1. Newtongrange

2. Bo'ness

3. Linlithgow

4. Kelty Hearts

5. Bonnyrigg

6. CAMELON

7. Penicuik

8. Sauchie

9. Broxburn

10. Fauldhouse

11. Musselburgh

12. Hillo Beath

13. Tayport

14. St.Andrews (pl)

15. Broughty®

16. Carnoustie ®

Thats my prediction for mcbookie.com east region super league

Personally anything above 13th at this moment in time would be welcomed.

Can't see past Kelty again.

Archived