East Region Super League 2015-16

Typical, a club improving their facilities and some twats want them punished.

6 games we will have to play away in August but the minority small minded can only bleat about the home games in the latter part of the season, deary me.

We have no income till end of September with wages to be paid from start of August, it's going to be a testing time for the club financially but it's very much short term pain for long term gain.

Thanks to John Reilly and the East Region for showing their support and common sense for the greater good of the game.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lithgie played 10 home games from 14 in the first half of last season.

Solely as a result of other pitches not being able to cope with the weather - same for Bo'ness. Having a really demanding end of season schedule is hard enough but when players are having to travel extra distance for the majority of these games it becomes harder still. It absolutely wasn't the choice of either team to develop such imbalance and maybe the problem would be resolved if more pitches were maintained effectively.

I've no issue with Kelty's position - they need to get on with it. The concern must be that the work gets delayed and there comes a point where it does become unfair to other clubs. Otherwise we'd all pick and choose when and she we wanted to play. I find it strange that in a 16 team league 4 of our first 6 games are at Linlithgow - not sure how hard it would be to split planned fixtures 3:3 but again that may be to fit Kelty in elsewhere.

Lithgie played 10 home games from 14 in the first half of last season.

That is wrong fixtures should be balanced and fair to all. A lot of the in-balance was our pitch playable when others weren't

Typical, a club improving their facilities and some twats want them punished.

6 games we will have to play away in August but the minority small minded can only bleat about the home games in the latter part of the season, deary me.

We have no income till end of September with wages to be paid from start of August, it's going to be a testing time for the club financially but it's very much short term pain for long term gain.

Thanks to John Reilly and the East Region for showing their support and common sense for the greater good of the game.

Definitely not having a go at Kelty (despite what you may perceive) indeed applaud the fine work being done by all you guys (albeit personally hate astro - grass all the way).

My view irrespective of what team involved is that where possible all fixtures should be balanced - my post wasn't about Kelty or knocking them. I genuinely don't think such an unbalanced fixture list should occur - I understand your situation and the reasons etc.

At the end of the season the league table will show 15 home games & 15 away for every side.

Playing multiple home games at any point in a season only becomes advantageous if you manage to win them.

That's something that needs to be earned however, its never given.

The end of the season does indeed show 15 home and 15 away but in my view, my club was disadvantaged on the run in by the number of consecutive midweek away games it had to play. Not enough to make any difference to the outcome of the league itself because we were not good enough to get near that point but there is certainly more of a down side to playing away from home 3 times a week at the end of a long season in comparison to one or two midweek games in the opening 6 weeks.

It's neither here nor there in the situation facing Kelty though. The pitch needs to be done and accommodating that is perfectly reasonable to me as long as it doesn't drag until November or whatever. Were that to be the case I would want to see their home games being listed and played at an alternative venue.

At the end of the season the league table will show 15 home games & 15 away for every side.

Playing multiple home games at any point in a season only becomes advantageous if you manage to win them.

That's something that needs to be earned however, its never given.

But surely in principal you agree fixtures should be balanced throughout a season - to ensure a level playing field to all participating teams.

In theory playing multiple home games at the business end of the season would be preferably than having to travel to a tricky away fixture. By creating an in-balance it also increases the chances of key end of season games being at home rather than away.

As I said my reply wasn't a dig at Kelty - my view would have been the same for any team.

But surely in principal you agree fixtures should be balanced throughout a season - to ensure a level playing field to all participating teams.

In theory playing multiple home games at the business end of the season would be preferably than having to travel to a tricky away fixture. By creating an in-balance it also increases the chances of key end of season games being at home rather than away.

As I said my reply wasn't a dig at Kelty - my view would have been the same for any team.

Fixtures should be balanced, of course it should but this is a completly 1 off situation for Kelty, 2/3 months of work on the ground that will shape the whole future of our club, surely you can accept that.

Enjoy your 5 games at home in August, a real chance for Linlithgow to get a positive start to their season.

Fixtures should be balanced, of course it should but this is a completly 1 off situation for Kelty, 2/3 months of work on the ground that will shape the whole future of our club, surely you can accept that.

Enjoy your 5 games at home in August, a real chance for Linlithgow to get a positive start to their season.

As I said previously this wasn't a dig at Kelty and apologies if my post was taken as such.

I fully appreciate the situation presented and reasons for this solution. The situation that has arisen most certainly wasn't Kelty's fault - but at the same time it wasn't the fault of the East Region either and who changed fixtures.

My point always was and remains that ideally a fixture list should be fair to all. Hence my suggestion to keep the fixtures balanced that the initial home games could/should be played on neutral venue. Yes I appreciate that may be harsh but it would have allowed a balanced fixture list for all.

In theory the fixtures of 15 have changed to suit 1

But irrespective of my view the decision has been made and we have to accept and respect that.

Going to change the habit of a lifetime and agree with the Rose boys . The match secretary should not be allowing this in balance , for me an alternative ground for home matches should have been sought .

By the way where is Keltys cup match on 5th Sept being played because due at home .

Anyway it has been allowed but I certainly hope that is it and no further accommodation with away games .

Going to change the habit of a lifetime and agree with the Rose boys . The match secretary should not be allowing this in balance , for me an alternative ground for home matches should have been sought .

By the way where is Keltys cup match on 5th Sept being played because due at home .

Anyway it has been allowed but I certainly hope that is it and no further accommodation with away games .

Might want to check the fixtures before posting mate.

We are away to Civil Service Strollers or Newton Stewart in the William Hill Scottish Cup on the 5th September.

Thanks for your common sense and support.

Kelty getting hard time for improving facilities, only a year or so ago they were being blasted for the state of their park. I say good luck to them!!

Also on the note of fixtures, I remember when our pitch (Broxburn) was being sorted and we played a whole season away from home. We actually won the league that season to get promoted to the Premier.

To be fair, the league secretary has a difficult job trying to accommodate all the clubs in his region given the various curve balls presented throughout the entirety of each season.

Postponements are definitely a problem, so he has tried to cater for these in some respect by adding a few midweek fixtures to the calendar early doors, which has to be a step in the right direction.

In an ideal world fixtures should be balanced, however, unless facilities/pitches are improved to a standard where they have a better chance of beating the Scottish climate, Its difficult to fathom what more Mr Reilly can do?

Why not look to the bigger picture? a few months work is required, which could in its way, help to lessen future congestion.

These small steps that benefit everyone in the long run require peer support at source however, the league secretary has stood tall in this regard.

If the eventual balance of fixtures for teams you speak of above is ever to be attained, then surely we all need to work together towards that goal.The projects below should be encouraged.

Kelty Hearts pitch improvements are part of a `Community Hub` project that will benefit many for years to come.

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/villages/articles/2014/04/28/495979-plans-lodged-for-new-72million-sports-and-community-hub-in-kelty/

Bo`ness Utd, through the (Newton Park Association) also currently exploring the possibility of going 3G as part of a `Community Hub`

http://www.bonessunited.co.uk/fans/newtown_park_association.html

Whilst acknowledging the situation with Kelty. I still feel it is unacceptable - all fixtures at this point should be balanced home/away.

If their park is not ready for the season starting (not blaming anyone) then they should be required to seek an alternative home venue until such time as it is ready,

You now could be faced with a situation come the end of the season - Kelty having a run in all at home and therefore could be deemed as an unfair advantage when the league is being decided.

Think it was 2 seasons ago when Kelty repaired all the drainage system at Central Park they played most of that season away from home and they never bothered moaning or neither did any of the other teams as it have them an extra home game so why you moaning because they have the first lot of fixtures away this season for trying to improve there facilities...teams who improve there grounds should be praised and not shot down no matter which club it is

Al, were goni put jerseys doon fir goal posts at the auld pit and just play there s to stop the favouritism were receiving ????????????????.

Ps, committee have secured a couple of venues and bn in talks with possible locations that the SFA are ware of I believe

That is wrong fixtures should be balanced and fair to all. A lot of the in-balance was our pitch playable when others weren't

Definitely not having a go at Kelty (despite what you may perceive) indeed applaud the fine work being done by all you guys (albeit personally hate astro - grass all the way).

My view irrespective of what team involved is that where possible all fixtures should be balanced - my post wasn't about Kelty or knocking them. I genuinely don't think such an unbalanced fixture list should occur - I understand your situation and the reasons etc.

No disrespect to Carnoustie but if it was them that were the team involved we wouldnt be having this discussion.

As Kelty are the league champions and a threat to the big sides now, that is why people are getting annoyed.

I do agree that Kelty get a deadline date and if they pass that they should play at another ground for there home games until pitch is ready.

Think it was 2 seasons ago when Kelty repaired all the drainage system at Central Park they played most of that season away from home and they never bothered moaning or neither did any of the other teams as it have them an extra home game so why you moaning because they have the first lot of fixtures away this season for trying to improve there facilities...teams who improve there grounds should be praised and not shot down no matter which club it is

Most certainly not shooting Kelty down and I with most applaud them for the work they are carrying out to improve their park - the various problems in the past you refer have been well discussed previously. I think unfortunately my own views on this have been taken by some as having a dig at Kelty and that was never my intention.

But the fact remains - should a fixture list be balanced and therefore Fair for ALL or changed to suit a single club? This is nothing to do with a team making ground improvements or knocking any team - my point is about What is Fair to ALL Clubs.

Archived