Rangersv Peterhead

No8.

Lulling them into false sense of security. 2 goals in last 10mins imo

Hope so; the commentary is glorious when they go behind. They've already been building up the excuses by making out that the referee's useless. Only when he doesn't give decisions to Rangers, of course, and even sometimes when he does because he didn't do it fast enough :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuses for what? It has been one way traffic all afternoon. And he has been utterly useless.

In case Rangers were to lose, obviously.

Rangers result last week probably had a big effect on us and we gave them way too much respect, sitting back instead of having a proper go against a top half Championship side. No doubt Rangers deserved to win but disappointed we never created anything.

Agree the commentary is excruciatingly bad especially Derek "The worst referee I have ever seen" Johnstone. :lol:

Anyway, 25,000 of a crowd, allegedly. How much cash will we take home?

Pretty sure Deek was claiming that 25K was an excellent crowd for "Peterhead on a Sunday". They also had a wee laugh at "all 12" of Peterhead's support; bless.

Look like Rangers administered a good hiding, but I missed most of the second half due to our sick wean deciding that I was to be his comfy mattress for an afternoon nap :P

Does the 25,000 crowd suggest that 30,000 season tickets may not actually have been sold?

Were you expecting more for a League Cup 2nd round match against a 3rd tier team?... Even when Rangers were regularly getting 45k+ for league games the turnout for cup matches against lower league teams was in the mid to late 20k's.

The game today wasn't included on the season ticket so fans are likely to save their cash for the latter rounds, particularly when Rangers have cup runs in other tournaments as it can get very expensive. A Dunfermline fan might not think about things like that though as around £230 for a season ticket plus another £50 or so for all their cup matches is all they are used to paying for. Maybe if they supported Rangers for a season and had to pay up to £1000 and beyond they'd probably understand better why some would give the match against Peterhead today a miss. :)

As for the game itself, I thought Rangers were excellent today and had it not been for some wonderful saves from their keeper it could easily have been 6 or 7. The new signings have been great but even the flops from last season are playing to a far higher standard than they have previously. Long may it continue.

You pay over a grand for a season ticket to watch fitba? :o

No wonder the Rangers fans were raging last season. That's a lot of country estates getting paid for :wacko:

A Dunfermline fan might not think about things like that though as around £230 for a season ticket plus another £50 or so for all their cup matches is all they are used to paying for. Maybe if they supported Rangers for a season and had to pay up to £1000 and beyond they'd probably understand better why some would give the match against Peterhead today a miss. :)

post-14721-14385490920678_thumb.jpg

What point were you making?

League matches + Challenge Cup + League Cup + Scottish Cup games can be very costly come the end the season for a team like Rangers who would be expected to go far in each tournament, hence some decide to give games a miss, such as a League Cup 2nd round match against Peterhead for example.

I'm not surprised at all that there was 25k at the Rangers game today. In fact, it's very respectable considering how early it is in the tournament and who the opposition were.

Time will tell how many will be in attendance for the league games this season but I'm guessing there will be 35k+ at Ibrox on a regular basis.

League matches + Challenge Cup + League Cup + Scottish Cup games can be very costly come the end the season for a team like Rangers who would be expected to go far in each tournament, hence some decide to give games a miss, such as a League Cup 2nd round match against Peterhead for example.

I'm not surprised at all that there was 25k at the Rangers game today. In fact, it's very respectable considering how early it is in the tournament and who the opposition were.

Time will tell how many will be in attendance for the league games this season but I'm guessing there will be 35k+ at Ibrox on a regular basis.

I was out all day, Pundy so I missed this. How was it? Who stood out for us?

BTW an attendance of 26,000+ is brilliant.

I was out all day, Pundy so I missed this. How was it? Who stood out for us?

BTW an attendance of 26,000+ is brilliant.

Yeah, the fans are really buying into the Warburton football philosophy, and rightly so. Some of the football today was a joy to watch. They made it clear at points in the game today that they appreciated the football being offered with loud cheers and applause. It's been a long time since that last happened at Ibrox!... :)

27 attempts on goal today confirms the urgency in this Rangers team to score goals. Just a pity only 3 were converted but the goals will come, I'm sure. Waghorn and Tavernier ran the show. I can't believe Rangers got them for a few hundred thousand. What a bargain!. Wallace, Halliday, Shiels, Templeton and McKay also did very well and Miller is playing like the Miller of 2009. He's going to score a lot of goals this season.

The difference the coaching staff are making compared to McCoist and McDowell is unbelievable. Actually, it is believable. :)

There's a nice vid up on Youtube here:

Looks like Graeme Smith of our parish was MOTM.

Also, if Tavernier is not Championship POTY I shall adopt Alan Stubb's ugly phizog as my avatar for a month.

Quick edit: Watch the vid from 5.55 and see Tavernier 1. race for the ball like it's the Olympics and 2. give a cheeky back heel. Jesus, how much have we missed play like this?

There's a nice vid up on Youtube here:

Looks like Graeme Smith of our parish was MOTM.

Also, if Tavernier is not Championship POTY I shall adopt Alan Stubb's ugly phizog as my avatar for a month.

Quick edit: Watch the vid from 5.55 and see Tavernier 1. race for the ball like it's the Olympics and 2. give a cheeky back heel. Jesus, how much have we missed play like this?

It's actually a bit weird innit? I was too young to fully remember or appreciate the nine in a row days so for all my adult life I've been used to Rangers playing shite football. I mean, Walter is obviously a legend and I'm forever grateful for what he did for Rangers but Davie Weir hitting 70 yard long balls isn't exactly outta the Arsene Wenger football handbook.

It's a stupidly early thing to consider but I can't help but worry if things keep going like this - given his fantastic record with Brentford as well - that a top team in England would be looking at Warburton. Maybe that says more about my general pessimism as a human being though...

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Scott Ross (Peterhead FC)

Match: Rangers v Peterhead (Scottish League Cup) – Sunday, 2nd August

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 200: By spitting at an opponent at a match (namely Nicky Ross, Rangers)

Fixed Suspension offer: Yes – two matches

Outcome: Scott Ross has accepted the fixed suspension offer. The two-match suspension will be applied as follows – one match to apply immediately irrespective of competition, and one match to apply immediately to the next match in the specified Cup Competition

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint: Alleged Party in Breach: Scott Ross (Peterhead FC) Match: Rangers v Peterhead (Scottish League Cup) – Sunday, 2nd August Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: By spitting at an opponent at a match (namely Nicky Ross, Rangers) Fixed Suspension offer: Yes – two matches Outcome: Scott Ross has accepted the fixed suspension offer. The two-match suspension will be applied as follows – one match to apply immediately irrespective of competition, and one match to apply immediately to the next match in the specified Cup Competition

Amazing eyesight these officials have. Can spot Scott Ross spitting in the general direction of an opponent but fail to see Rory McAllister being given a Glasgow kiss.

BTW who is Nicky Ross?

Archived