Growing old.

I wonder who the auld yins used to accuse those bands of ripping off. I ken bands like Led Zeppelin used to crib shamelessly from the classical composers.

There's bound to have been one pensioner who heard the Sex Pistols and said, "aye, I liked it better when Cole Porter was doing it forty years ago" :P

The Sex Pistols, just New York Dolls rip off merchants eh.

Grimbo

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sex Pistols, just New York Dolls rip off merchants eh.

Grimbo

Better songs, though. Especially that literal cover of "I Get A Kick Out Of You" :P

BFT Dave, I don't listen to those druggy type songs. Disgraceful.

Grimbo

I think you'll struggle to find much that hasn't been influenced by illicit substances; I bet even Glenn Miller was at it when naebdy was looking!

I just tried to find an amusing, possibly stoned picture of Cliff Richard to illustrate my point, but he might be the exception :unsure:

I think you'll struggle to find much that hasn't been influenced by illicit substances; I bet even Glenn Miller was at it when naebdy was looking!

I give you "Little Brown Jug" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOG89TrL4Vk

Obviously illegally brewed moonshine reference!

I am 28 next month and am in terrible condition! Had to give football up at 21 after my third serious knee injury, and a period of 9 months on sick pay, that has left my left knee aching all year round but twice as bad in winter. I fell on the small of my back once when landing awkwardly following a collision with a goalkeeper going for a header as well that has left me with damaged vertebrae in my spine which leads to not being able to sit/lie down in comfort. As you can imagine this greatly hampers my sleep.

Currently being investigated as I have stomach issues that lead to me vomiting large quantities of blood and have twice been rushed into hospital due to it. A year I have had these symptoms and still haven't been successfully diagnosed!

Broke my wrist a few months ago and am still having major problems driving and lifting things. An issue that is really affecting my work to the point I might not be able to Continue.

started going grey at 18 and receding at 22. Still have a reasonable barnet but is now distinguished! At least I have a rocking body!

In summary if I was an animal I would have been put down a long time ago!

I am 28 next month and am in terrible condition! Had to give football up at 21 after my third serious knee injury, and a period of 9 months on sick pay, that has left my left knee aching all year round but twice as bad in winter. I fell on the small of my back once when landing awkwardly following a collision with a goalkeeper going for a header as well that has left me with damaged vertebrae in my spine which leads to not being able to sit/lie down in comfort. As you can imagine this greatly hampers my sleep.

Currently being investigated as I have stomach issues that lead to me vomiting large quantities of blood and have twice been rushed into hospital due to it. A year I have had these symptoms and still haven't been successfully diagnosed!

Broke my wrist a few months ago and am still having major problems driving and lifting things. An issue that is really affecting my work to the point I might not be able to Continue.

started going grey at 18 and receding at 22. Still have a reasonable barnet but is now distinguished! At least I have a rocking body!

In summary if I was an animal I would have been put down a long time ago!

Keep your pecker up pal, unless there's problems in that department you haven't mentioned above? Hopefully you'll be able to pick up the pieces & it does sound that you've a lot of pieces to pick up, even with a sore wrist, is it your "good/sock" hand?

Hope you get the stomach problem diagnosed/cured.

Wish I could offer you some good advice but a rabbits foot is the best I can come up with.

Grimbo

Why would you get a 1981 tattoo?

Was it a special year? :)

I s'pose the good thing about the tattoo is that it works upside down as well, so my advice is that you change your pin number to 1861 so that in a couple of years when your memory starts going at least you've got 2 goes to get it right.

Always happy to help (the aged).

Grimbo

I'm only 28 and I'm falling to bits. Overweight, two fucked ankles, a slowly failing left knee and terrible sciatica. Cant wait to I hit my 40/50's where I'll finally have had enough and blow my brains out.

What a depressing read.

If it isn't folk making Youtube comment type posts about bands in an effort to appear cool, it's sad tales of physical deterioration.

Archived