Growing old.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed the last two or three years in particular, that every year that goes by seems to result in me having to shave a cm or so higher up my face. At this rate I'm going to have stubbly eyes by the time I'm 40.

wolfman.jpg

^^^ me yesterday before shaving :wacko:

24 year old on Monday, discovered my hairline is receding slowly and I found a few grey hairs...

That plus the beer belly returning has made me decide I need to start making an effort again.

23 and probably the fittest I've been in my life, still wanting to improve and try reach a peak before I get too old

See the hairline though I don't know if it's receding or I'm just paranoid, like still got a full head of hair that needs cut every month but for some reason it's getting me worried. Wish I could go back and see what my hairline was like a few year ago but never really paid any attention to it back then so it's hard to compare. Defo got one or two stray greys but I think that's normal and they're hard to find and you have to study real closely to see them

I'd happily go grey, bald though? No thanks

early days foos > later day foos

look up metallica, master of puppets with st anger drums. raaaaaaage

It is a common trend for modern bands to get progressively worse as they try to appeal to a wider audience, but I find the Foo Fighters are a particularly good example of how to deteriorate spectacularly over time. Some of the whining dross they've released recently when compared to something like Monkey Wrench is just painful.

And that Metallica mix. :blink:

Was caving recently with a mixed age group and it was the retirees showing us young ones up. Years of real ale and Somerset strength cider must be good for you. Heading underground around Schiehallion today with one guy who'll be hitting 80 soon. The guy's a machine.

Nothing as dirty as it sounds btw. ;)

I'd disagree with that bit about the Foo Fighters though. Monkey Wrench nowadays is tiresome and is a bit of a cheesy pop-rock song, but still adored by the usual festival going types who are 'huge fans' but only know the singles.

I'd call stuff like My Hero and Everlong more like songs for the festival types than Monkey Wrench, tbh.

Either way, their last two albums are still pish, with the exception of White Limo, which is great and the sort of song that modern day Foos kids must hate.

42, and still with a thick head of hair. Distinguished grey bits in the beard and at the temples, so I'm generally still gorgeous apart from needing to shift a stone and a bit I'd say. I have become monumentally hairy though all over, a silverback or an orang utan as the wife lovingly terms me.

Fitness wise, still run pretty regularly and can fire up a Munro with the sprogs on request. Gave up the fives a couple of years ago as I was training for a half marathon, got fed up with getting booted round the ankles, and never got back into it.

I'd disagree with that bit about the Foo Fighters though. Monkey Wrench nowadays is tiresome and is a bit of a cheesy pop-rock song, but still adored by the usual festival going types who are 'huge fans' but only know the singles.

As a big Metallica fan though, whoever made that mix should rightly be volleyed in the plums!

I listen again to the 'classic' Metallica back catalogue and it didn't really stand up for me. As the years go by Slayer are really the only band from that era that really do it for me and have stood the test of time.

Sort of. They make half assed crappy xerox copies of The Cure, Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Pavement, Buffalo Springfield, OMD etc and call it new.

I wonder who the auld yins used to accuse those bands of ripping off. I ken bands like Led Zeppelin used to crib shamelessly from the classical composers.

There's bound to have been one pensioner who heard the Sex Pistols and said, "aye, I liked it better when Cole Porter was doing it forty years ago" :P

Clearly not enough said, seeing as your post makes no sense.

Ok sorry I'm not up with all the new fangled groups, I thought it was the drummer (the musicians best friend) from Nirvana who was the foo fighters?

They are still shite whoever they are.

Grimbo

Archived