Growing old.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really lucky, it pishes with rain so regularly that I nearly never wash my car, I know that if a bird shits on my car it will rain the next day, sorted.

I work at the arse end of leith and Porty (seafield road), a hotspot for seagulls and salt from The sea and dust from passing lorries.

10 years ago I did the WHW aged 38. Could I do do it now? Aye.

Though. . at 43 I really noticed lack of fitness, shortness of breath etc.

At 46, hair is still a mop, but now noticeably thinner .

Now at 48, shoot me.

24 year old on Monday, discovered my hairline is receding slowly and I found a few grey hairs...

That plus the beer belly returning has made me decide I need to start making an effort again.

Okay, I'm only 42, but the aches and pains are starting when I get up.

I played Union to a high standard and have put my body through a fair bit.

Have any of you old c***s seen a time when your body starts to go down hill?

I'm 17, my knees are ruined so I can barely go downstairs without being in pain and my back was so bad earlier this year I was on some pretty decent painkillers.

You've done well to get to 42 ;)

I'm 17, my knees are ruined so I can barely go downstairs without being in pain and my back was so bad earlier this year I was on some pretty decent painkillers.

You've done well to get to 42 ;)

Maybe he was just better at it than you and didn't get cunted into the mud as much?

:P

You should maybe try walking down the stairs on your feet.

Dang, all these years I've been doing it wrong.

Maybe he was just better at it than you and didn't get cunted into the mud as much?

:P

I actually spent my younger years (lol @ me, sounding like I'm ancient already) chucking myself into mud (or more commonly astro) as a 'keeper. So aye it's probably entirely my own fault.

(There's a joke about me having a bad back and being a 'keeper if you or anyone else wants to take the opportunity btw)

Only 31 but I've starting doing that "aaaaaaargh" thing when getting out of seats, therefore officially old. :(

This! I'm 31 next week and for about the last 3 months I've been making this exact noise. I threw my back out 3 months ago walking to the football for fucks sake. I wasn't even putting any sort of strain on it and ever since I've been creaking when I walk! :lol:

Sitting watching TITP and although I enjoy the music,I kind of get the feeling if I was there I would be up asking Kasabian to turn it doon

And again, I agree. I watched it earlier and thought that they sound brilliant but f**k standing about for 3 days in the potential pishing rain to watch a band, waiting on buses, listening to wanky students talking their shite patter on said buses and lugging a carry oot through a field. I can't be arsed with that nonsense. I watched a bit earlier when some lad was talking about how Serge Pizzorno was the coolest man in history and my missus actually laughed at me and called me a miserable b*****d as I told the wee guy to f**k off and he knew nothing as he still had braces on his teeth (which he did!).

Then I saw a guy in my new job went last year and wishes he was there this year. He's in his 50s. :(

I'm 31 and my back is knackered. It goes every now and then. My left knee sometimes gets jealous of the discomfort my back causes and competes. Found my first grey hair (called it Derek).

Would throw in being constantly tired and grab it but there's a reason for that. He's seven months old.

Oh and I never wash my car. Its all the effort for it to be covered in crap by the time I get in

Archived