Fort Up In Flames

HibeeJibee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame- we played the Fort in the Scottish last year and they were good guys.

I wonder if they've suffered the curse of wee Scottish football clubs- the bored ned with a lighter on his school holiday?

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Fort William game on Saturday. They've done a really job getting everything up and running. Portacabin have replaced the toilets and changing rooms and social club was taking care of the snacks. A really good trip, especially if you take the West Highland train line.

• 2 weeks later...

Who needs a stand when you've got a social club beer garden just yards behind the goals? Pay at gate, walk in, walk through wee gate, technically outside the ground, grab pints. That's what I did anyway.

Then I realise it's not always dry in Fort William. Parasols for the picnic benches could do the trick though.

Who needs a stand when you've got a social club beer garden just yards behind the goals? Pay at gate, walk in, walk through wee gate, technically outside the ground, grab pints. That's what I did anyway.

Then I realise it's not always dry in Fort William. Parasols for the picnic benches could do the trick though.

I tried to watch the game from the bar when I was there when it was pissing down, but they closed the blinds when the game started. Some licensing rule or something.

Against the law to consume alcohol within view of the game at SPFL / HL / LL games.

http://legislation.data.gov.uk/ssi/2014/5/made/data.htm?wrap=true

Bit of overkill including HL / LL, IMO, but there it is.

Back when Cove were at Allan Park there was a house which had a couple of windows that looked into the ground. See the top right hand corner of this picture...

5204693811_8e4fe4df37_b.jpg

If I lived in that house and stood at the window during a game whilst enjoying a lager would I be breaking the law? :unsure:

I imagine you would be fine :lol:!! AFAIA it applies to the ground itself obviously - hence you can't bring a fourpack - and commercial premises within or alongside like bars/hospitality suites/social clubs and so on. If you lived in that house and applied to licence it and open it as a pub, though, I suspect it might be a different story? I can't think of any SPFL, Highland or Lowland ground which has a pub or hotel directly backing onto it, so maybe it's a non- existent factor.

I know at Gala Fairydean Rovers they draw the blinds of the café-bar during matches, and you see that in the hospitality suites in SPFL.

• 7 months later...

I imagine you would be fine  :lol:!! AFAIA it applies to the ground itself obviously - hence you can't bring a fourpack - and commercial premises within or alongside like bars/hospitality suites/social clubs and so on.

CcycQHkW0AAp7kb.jpg

I, erm, found this tin inside Claggan Park. Must have been blown in by the wind.

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine you would be fine  :lol:!! AFAIA it applies to the ground itself obviously - hence you can't bring a fourpack - and commercial premises within or alongside like bars/hospitality suites/social clubs and so on. If you lived in that house and applied to licence it and open it as a pub, though, I suspect it might be a different story? I can't think of any SPFL, Highland or Lowland ground which has a pub or hotel directly backing onto it, so maybe it's a non- existent factor.

Shire/Stenny  Ochilview bar on the corner of the ground

I imagine you would be fine  :lol:!! AFAIA it applies to the ground itself obviously - hence you can't bring a fourpack - and commercial premises within or alongside like bars/hospitality suites/social clubs and so on. If you lived in that house and applied to licence it and open it as a pub, though, I suspect it might be a different story? I can't think of any SPFL, Highland or Lowland ground which has a pub or hotel directly backing onto it, so maybe it's a non- existent factor.

I know at Gala Fairydean Rovers they draw the blinds of the café-bar during matches, and you see that in the hospitality suites in SPFL.

The Maryhill social club can be accessed from inside the ground iirc

Archived