Worst Film Ever

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only God Forgives.

I like Only God Forgives. I thought it was terrible the first time I watched it - I was expecting Drive 2, particularly after watching the trailer - but after a second viewing I thought it was wonderful.

I've seen some terrible films, many considered to be the worst of all time - Garbage Pail Kids, The Room, Caligula, Jack and Jill - but for me, the nadir of cinema is Sex and the City 2. Mark Kermode got it bang on - a dreadful, vapid bunch of people with no redeeming qualities immersed in a kind of wealth many of us will never, ever know. Horrible from start to finish.

I like Only God Forgives. I thought it was terrible the first time I watched it - I was expecting Drive 2, particularly after watching the trailer - but after a second viewing I thought it was wonderful.

Ive watched it twice now, I really wanted to enjoy it as Drive is my favourite film ever but I just didn't get it

Ive watched it twice now, I really wanted to enjoy it as Drive is my favourite film ever but I just didn't get it

After watching it the first time I talked through it with a boy at work who offered up his own interpretation of it (most of the film takes place in Ryan Gosling's conscience with the sword-wielding police officer portraying an Old Testament God) and it made more sense. It is a lot of style over substance but it's wonderfully shot, Cliff Martinez's score is superb and the Thai boxing scene is very well done.

Give it another shot.

Usually the godawful films are quite enjoyable in how bad they are such as the Room, Batman and Robin or the Nicholas Cage Wickerman. It's the films that are just out and out boring that are worse like The Postman IMO.

I'm quite keen to stream that United Passions film just to see if it is as bad as it sounds.

Movie 43 is the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema, and I was forced to go and watch Stuck On You once. Awful, absolutely awful, both of them.

However, The Room is the correct - and only - answer to this question. Incredibly, astonishingly, mesmerically, brilliantly bad in every possible respect. There will never be anything captured to to film as bad as that ever again. It really is amazing.

Grown Ups/Grown Ups 2. They are simply excruciating.

Batman & Robin could've easily won it for me but it definitely takes the "So Bad it's Funny" award. The Grown Ups movies don't even merit that.

Edit: Bobby beat me to it

Gymkata - An 80s action movie starring a real life gymnast who uses his skills on the pommel horse, bars, rings etc, to beat up the bad guys and take down a corrupt middle east dictatorship. Horrific

Archived