Darwins's Law - Selfie Stick

• 4 weeks later...

Not so much a selfie stick but Darwin award and natural selection this f**king idiot here, not sure if its been posted on the covid thread or not:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-challenge-moron-who-licked-21749466

The worst part of it is this tube is taking a bed from someone that caught it through no fault of their own.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Ohio man posts anti-lockdown rants on social media, then dies from coronavirus.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/coronavirus-victim-social-media-post-viral-ohio

Whilst he clearly made some ignorant and rather stupid comments with hindsight, I'm not sure I can find this one funny. It's certainly not got the sense of justice that taking a selfie hanging off a building does.

I think most people had a degree of scepticism/denial about how serious this all was just a few months ago.

I

Whilst he clearly made some ignorant and rather stupid comments with hindsight, I'm not sure I can find this one funny. It's certainly not got the sense of justice that taking a selfie hanging off a building does.
I think most people had a degree of scepticism/denial about how serious this all was just a few months ago.
It's a very harsh price to pay for an ill-judged political rant.

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Opposite for me. Some fud trying to get a great Instagram shot and falling off a roof hurts no-one but themselves. Spreading misinformation has the potential to harm others.

Not that I find it funny. Just has more of a sense of justice than the other

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Men sleeping on train tracks killed by train:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-52586898

That's fucking horrible, wouldn't want to be part of the clean up crew. Wouldn't really call that worthy of a Darwin award if they were told there were no trains running, maybe it was the only comfy spot for a lie down.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

That's fucking horrible, wouldn't want to be part of the clean up crew. Wouldn't really call that worthy of a Darwin award if they thought there were no trains running, maybe it was the only comfy spot for a lie down.

Rather than just "assuming" trains wouldn't be running, I think I would be erring on the side of caution by not sleeping on the train track, just to be on the safe side. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Rather than just "assuming" trains wouldn't be running, I think I would be erring on the side of caution by not sleeping on the train track, just to be on the safe side. 

No, me neither.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...