Darwins's Law - Selfie Stick

• 2 weeks later...

Another Darwin Award winner,

I have highlghted the most obvious statement that a Policeman could make.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-39772539

Scot killed 'while taking selfie' on German motorway

Image copyright Facebook Image caption The dead man has been named on social media as Dean Steele

A Scot has been knocked down and killed after apparently trying to take a selfie on a German motorway.

The man was named on social media as Dean Steele, from Uddingston, who was thought to have been 22.

He was with two friends when he was hit by a car on the A24 Autobahn in Gudow, near Hamburg, at about 11:40 on Sunday.

In a statement, police in the nearby city of Lubeck said witnesses reported seeing the three men taking "cell phone pictures of themselves".

Mr Steele was hit by an Audi A6 being driven by a 73-year-old man.

The three men had stayed in Hamburg before travelling to the area by train.

Police said they may have been drinking before the accident.

The identity of the dead man has not been formally released, but a spokesman for the Foreign Office said relatives were aware of his death.

The spokesman added: "We are supporting the family of a British man who sadly died in Germany on 30 April and are in contact with the local authorities."

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is this a new "extreme" fad? Why the f**k would you take a selfie on a motorway?

probably stood in the right hand lane facing the wrong way thinking he could see the traffic coming... 

• 1 month later...

Wonder if his last words well 'Follow me I'm fully trained and know where I am going'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-40422921

Man who died after falling from Orkney cliffs was tour guide

Image caption The lifeboat launched its fast inflatable boat to get to the man

A man who died after falling from cliffs on the west coast of Orkney was a crew member with an Edinburgh-based company, guiding a mini-bus group on a tour of the Highlands and islands.

The alarm was raised at about 14:15 on Monday after reports a man had fallen from cliffs at Yesnaby.

It is understood he was in his early 20s.

Haggis Adventures said it had made arrangements for everyone who was in the group to return to Edinburgh.

The company paid tribute to the RNLI, the Coastguard and police who responded to the emergency.

Following the incident, Police Scotland said there were no suspicious circumstances.

10 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Wonder if his last words well 'Follow me I'm fully trained and know where I am going'

A man who died after falling from cliffs on the west coast of Orkney was a crew member with an Edinburgh-based company, guiding a mini-bus group on a tour of the Highlands and islands.

The alarm was raised at about 14:15 on Monday after reports a man had fallen from cliffs at Yesnaby.

Haggis Adventures said it had made arrangements for everyone who was in the group to return to Edinburgh.

The company paid tribute to the RNLI, the Coastguard and police who responded to the emergency.

Following the incident, Police Scotland said there were no suspicious circumstances.

Z8Nytd.gif

11 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

A variation on the topic.

Monalisa Perez, 19, was booked into county jail after shooting at Pedro Ruiz as he held a book to his chest, believing it would stop the bullet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40438207

I've been reading about that case with disbelief. It wasn't just a pea-shooter, it was a one of the most powerful handguns on the market, that can go through brick walls. Even a cursory search of Youtube shows you how powerful the weapon is. 

This country. Or rather, that country. 

I've been reading about that case with disbelief. It wasn't just a pea-shooter, it was a one of the most powerful handguns on the market, that can go through brick walls. Even a cursory search of Youtube shows you how powerful the weapon is. 
This country. Or rather, that country. 

Desert Eagle is a monster of a weapon, I'm shocked she could even hold it level never mind shoot it. Dumb MF.

On 28/06/2017 at 10:28, MEADOWXI said:

Sorry, but :lol: at Haggis Adventures.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

According to this he tried shooting a book before and the bullet didn't go all the way through. I wonder if the force of the book against his chest is what killed him, rather than the bullet penetrating.

Maybe the second book was the ladybird version.