Rocket League

Dave1875

Been watching a few streams of people playing the BETA for this and it looks sooo much fun

It's essentially car football, except you can cause you car to do flips which act as kicking the ball, speed boosts, able to destroy one another's cars.

Then there's the customisation of your own car with which you unlock more cool stuff by playing more matches

Released today and it's £14.99 on Steam BUT for PS4 users, it's free on PSN for like the first week or month... not sure which

I just played this. Started playing a single player league on PS4 on Rookie difficulty, which is really easy. its not too difficult to score immediately from kick off but this would change up against harder opposition. somewhat tentative to increase the difficulty as I still feel totally out of control when the ball is in play. Good fun though, could maybe get a tournament on the go when more people get it.

Watched an 8 hour stream of this last night into this morning. The 4v4 looks like fun, especially if you have good communication and can decide who is going to attack and who will defend

Was a huge fan of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars on the PS3 so it was an awesome surprise when my mates told me last night that there is new one out for PS4 and it's free!

First play last night and I liked it a lot. I prefer the cleaned up name and look of the logo. I was worried that they were going to overload the game with crappy new things but on first play it looked like they sharpened the graphics but it felt the exact same as the old one. Also enjoying the customisable cars.

Haven't had a chance to try all the pitches yet but my favourite from the last one was the stadium where you could drive behind the goals. Not sure what the points mean yet eg. (+10 centre ball) maybe someone on here knows.

4 of us took on the cpu last night in a 4v4 which is awesome fun. Hopefully they've sorted out the matchmaking on this one as it was atrocious on the PS3 so we can take on 4 people online although they tend to be insanely good.

I will join the P'n'B league when my internet is sorted on Monday!

Anyone else having difficulty getting an online match going? Why do online games always have server issues at the start? Isn't that what the Beta is for?

It's working now the developers have been great about letting everyone know the problems on twitter too, they think it was more coincidence there servers went down once they diagnosed the problem.

Just too let you all know if you are on PS4 there is an exclusive car if you win a game on each of the starter bodies.

. Not sure what the points mean yet eg. (+10 centre ball) maybe someone on here knows.

I think the points are simply used to rank each player in performance at the end of the game. The centre ball is a strange one. As far as I can tell it means a cross like sorta thing.

think I will go unlock that final body I have not got yet.

I think the points are simply used to rank each player in performance at the end of the game. The centre ball is a strange one. As far as I can tell it means a cross like sorta thing.

think I will go unlock that final body I have not got yet.

Think its like XP for ranking up levels and AFAIK you get half as much offline than you do online. Centre ball is just simply getting the ball in the box.

ah ok. Does level actually lead to anything? can you unlock anything through it/

AFAIK for the first two minutes the matchmaking tries to get you with someone at or around your level, after that it opens up a few more levels each way then opens up completely so I am assuming it's just for matchmaking purposes.