Annan Athletic v Queen of the South League Cup 1st round

O/T slightly, but can someone buy the Annan PA announcer a new cd? I heard Heroes by David Bowie 4 fucking times today!

the usual chap is on holiday " jumbo" was a last minute stand in...although " buster" plays some shite tae

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally for what it's worth your young guns are like every other youngsters following their team, aye they misbehave here and there, flares are just a new way of sticking your finger up tae the cops..it's life folks, batter them or ban them that is the question, or just buy them a pie and tell them tae behave is another option

I thought it was the Lyle follow up header that was the goal.

Are you saying the shot that came down from the bar was given as the goal? Who had the shot?

Tbh I thought we had scored twice. Can't remember whose ping it was but there was a follow up header which the keeper seemed to "rescue". I noticed the lino heading up the touchline and the ref went with that call, I thought.

However, I was behind the other goal and could not have been further away, unless I was collecting one of those countless balls which had been belted out of the ground.

The A nnan fan moaning about added on time has obviously become conditioned to this!

Naw. Naw. Naw.

Hold on!

Were you at the game?

Do you deserve to be in the league?

yes I was at the game.

The ref added on time to allow you're team to equalise. Then the game went into extra time.

Well you should. They - and, today, all the people who rallied against the lad with the flare - are agents of creeping deprivation of lower income communities of culture and expression. Away join the Tories if you like safe, expensive cup derbies.

According to Wikipedia, this is what I am talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recuperation_(politics).

The flare was pathetic. The guy with it was pathetic. Dressing it up with pseudo-socio-political claptrap just won't do.

I wasn't there but...

three substitutions, 1 red card and five restarts in the second half mean it can't be too much of a mystery

the red card was in extra time. Annan never made any substitutions. Queens brought on 2 substitutes both at the same time.

I make that only one restart.

Still a mystery

Accept it and move on. We were pish and still progressed

Moved on and accepted it when the ref blew at the end of the game.hence the thats football and looking forward to the season ahead.i expected defeat before the game as did most down here.

Two of the clearest yellow cards you'll ever see in a game.

Disjointed is probably a good description of the game. Pretty much in control first half, apart from a couple of Osadolor chances but really poor second half. Conroys goal was something very special but Hilson was well offside for Lyles first - although he looked onside for the disallowed goal late on.

Got out of jail a little but still no reason to panic for the league coming up next week

His second yellow could have been seen in two ways.your way he blocked the attacker for making his run,my way the attacker knocked the ball past him then run into him.suppose the highlights will give us a better view when they are posted.

Both blacks bookings were correct as for the other red Jesus what a shocking challenge.

As for the time added on it the goal was 93 mins nearly every game has at least 4mins added time and the red payed on for at least 2mins after that which was probably about right.

The added time comes from various things to name a few ball going out of play substitutes conning on and time that's wasted when a goal goes in so 5 mins about right.

We were poor yest 1 up we should have been able to put the game to bed but through one thing and another we almost blew it very lucky indeed Annan were the side that wanted it more I'd take that number 10 looks a fine wee player

Moved on and accepted it when the ref blew at the end of the game.hence the thats football and looking forward to the season ahead.i expected defeat before the game as did most down here.

Pity clyde are the big spenders otherwise fancy annan for league

Like every Annan fan on here totally disappointed that we didn't take our best chance ever to beat queens!

But it speaks volumes for how we have progressed,or Queens have slipped a bit which was inevitable giving the

players they lost. Now Annan here comes the hard part same performance at Hampden on Saturday.

Remember St Mirren still to come to Galabank!!!!

His second yellow could have been seen in two ways.your way he blocked the attacker for making his run,my way the attacker knocked the ball past him then run into him.suppose the highlights will give us a better view when they are posted.

Yeah, but your way is categorically wrong

There were 4 goals and 3 substitutions (albeit 2 done at once) in the second half which gives you 3 minutes straight away, we scored in the 3rd minute of time added on so there can be no complaints there. Felt the couple minutes played after that perhaps weren't justified, but there had also been a few yellow cards so time will have been accounted for them as well. I don't think any queens fan will argue we deserved it, we didn't. Wee bit of quality from Hilson though was great to see.

Yeah, but your way is categorically wrong

I wasn't nearby, but I must admit that I saw it in much the same way as the Annan fan. It was one of those where I'm not sure if the Annan player could have got out of the way if he'd wanted to.

I'll be interested to see the highlights for this and a few other incidents.

Tbh I thought we had scored twice. Can't remember whose ping it was but there was a follow up header which the keeper seemed to "rescue". I noticed the lino heading up the touchline and the ref went with that call, I thought.

However, I was behind the other goal and could not have been further away, unless I was collecting one of those countless balls which had been belted out of the ground.

The A nnan fan moaning about added on time has obviously become conditioned to this!

Jacobs hit the shot that hit the bar, came down on the line then back out. Personally I thought iy could have been over but I wasnt in line and neither was the assistant. Not sure if Lyle's follow up initially went over the line either or was only dragged there by the keeper AFTER he saved it. Pretty sure it finished over the line though.

Archived