Norway

Got back late last night from Norway due to my plane from Stansted being delayed for nearly 2 hours. 

Oslo didn’t really impress me as much as I said a few days ago but Molde was fantastic. Would like to visit Molde again down the line. 

Managed to take this photo of Molde yesterday morning before leaving for the airport. 

C7764780-9EE6-4394-B9C2-D4E5033A5890.jpeg

Edited by Eoin Doyle

Was in Oslo few yrs back, thought it was pretty shite tbh. Highlight was taking the tram(I think) up to the mountains and finding an old sledge to scoot down a bit. It was March so plenty of snow. If I remember there was a bar called 'the Scotsman on main drag from station to main square. Looked quite shite tbh and didn't frequent. It was the most sober long weekend I have had and won't be back. Oh and snoop dog was staying in hotel next to us before he was banned from loads of countries. Staying with Scandinavia, went to Stockholm once on the company dime... Fantastic time and city

• 11 months later...

Next years destination. Staying in a place called Moss.

Presuming will be going in July or at whatever time of school holidays

I have digs for nothing as staying with a friend so really just got to pay for flights and spending money ( however unsure what sort of money for a week I'd be taking ) especially as 4 of us going. ( 2 adults , 2 kids )

On 21/08/2018 at 20:57, John Lambies Doos said:

Was in Oslo few yrs back, thought it was pretty shite tbh. Highlight was taking the tram(I think) up to the mountains and finding an old sledge to scoot down a bit. It was March so plenty of snow. If I remember there was a bar called 'the Scotsman on main drag from station to main square. Looked quite shite tbh and didn't frequent. It was the most sober long weekend I have had and won't be back. Oh and snoop dog was staying in hotel next to us before he was banned from loads of countries. Staying with Scandinavia, went to Stockholm once on the company dime... Fantastic time and city

I went to that Scotsman pub a few years ago, pretty shite and it was a tenner a pint.

On 23/07/2019 at 13:52, G_Man1985 said:

Next years destination. Staying in a place called Moss.

Presuming will be going in July or at whatever time of school holidays

I have digs for nothing as staying with a friend so really just got to pay for flights and spending money ( however unsure what sort of money for a week I'd be taking ) especially as 4 of us going. ( 2 adults , 2 kids )

If you don't eat or drink out much, careful what you buy in supermarkets, and max out your duty free booze presents for your hosts, you'll be fine. Things like kebabs and hotdogs from stalls aren't too expensive. If you're not a big drinker as I think you're not, it won't be a problem. Just check the prices before you buy anything, even a cup of coffee.

• 3 years later...
On 21/10/2022 at 21:06, newcastle broon said:

Is there any decent transport through the night/early morning to Oslo Torp Airport from Oslo centre? 

Any timetables? 

Thanks.

Times look variable from night to night, probably to connect with flights.

https://www.torpekspressen.no/

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Times look variable from night to night, probably to connect with flights.

https://www.torpekspressen.no/

Thanks was looking at flights for Scotland match in June and see there's a 0500 (timetable not up to next June as yet) from the city centre to Torp. Was looking at a 0810 flight so might be tight time I get there check in etc. 

On 05/07/2015 at 23:09, Insaintee said:

Car Hire is a fortune. Consider hiring a car in Sweden. Also possible to get the ferry to Holland and then Denmark. Might still be to much. I used to live there and drove from Trondheim to Bergen once or twice a year. Really miss the ferry.

Was it raining in Bergen. ?

and if not , why ?

On 28/05/2018 at 15:19, Highland Capital said:

I'm just back from Bergen.  I really liked it.  A good walking city and a nice vibe.  The fjord trip I did was also excellent.  In terms of scenery, Norway is probably the best I've ever been to.  Boiling hot though, I'd go again but in winter next time to see the city in a totally different way.

It was not raining , etc ?

12 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

Was it raining in Bergen. ?

and if not , why ?

It often was but not always. Bergen is very pretty. But have to say I loved Trondheim. Maybe time for a wee visit again next year. Spring and Autumn best times to go (like Scotland)

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

It often was but not always. Bergen is very pretty. But have to say I loved Trondheim. Maybe time for a wee visit again next year. Spring and Autumn best times to go (like Scotland)

I had a day trip there many years ago and it was raining , and a local said it had been raining for weeks !

It is supposed to be the city with the greatest precipitation in Europe

Stayed in Oslo and Flam (?)

Oslo Bergen one of the world's greatest railway journeys

On 25/10/2022 at 10:15, Ewan8472 said:

I had a day trip there many years ago and it was raining , and a local said it had been raining for weeks !

It is supposed to be the city with the greatest precipitation in Europe

Stayed in Oslo and Flam (?)

Oslo Bergen one of the world's greatest railway journeys

Just to clarify.  The railway from Bergen to Oslo is nice but it is the spur line from Myrdal to Flåm that is spectacular.  Myrdal is about two hours from Bergen and 6 hours from Oslo.  The spur line takes about 1 hour, descends to sea level and is packed with tourists who take the trip from Flåm to Myrdal and back simply to see the view.  Flåm itself is a very pretty place but expensive.

Flam 35.jpg

• 5 months later...