Biggest Transfer Duds

Chris Casement for Dundee. Signed by Jocky the season Melville was splashing the cash on a three year deal. I think I'm right in saying that Jocky actually never even saw the guy play before he signed him and I'm not surprised. Had 1 cap for Northern Ireland at the time though.

Played the first half in a Scottish Cup tie against Livi at right back and was absolutely awful. Don't think he played again after that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernard was far from a bad player. The price tag and total inability to avoid injury every ten games was his downfall. A Jess/Bernard partnership was beautiful at times, as it was in a certain LC semi. Maybe the burden of being "million pound Paul Bernard" was too much for him.

Certainly don't think it helped.

Another one would have to be the curious case of Gabriel Reubens. One of our infamous Nigerian pair who played (I think) three games and was sent off twice....before - get this - impressing on trial at Spurs and playing in the fucking World Cup!!! Now plying his trade with Boavista...seems legit...

FTFY

Here he is taking the ball from Real Madrid's Karim Benzema

451510168.jpg

And we've just went and signed one of his international teammates. smug.gif

Look at me look at me look at me look at me look at me

For us I'd go back a bit further and say Michael Jeffrey. Signed from Grimsby I think - did nothing of any effect.

For keepers I'd go for Francois Dubordeau - he was terrible. Chad "Sexington" Harpur not far behind

For us I'd go back a bit further and say Michael Jeffrey. Signed from Grimsby I think - did nothing of any effect.

For keepers I'd go for Francois Dubordeau - he was terrible. Chad "Sexington" Harpur not far behind

Eric Joly is up there as well. I've seen fat middle-aged blokes doing the half-time crossbar challenge look more natural on the pitch than him.

Close, he was signed from Fortuna Sittard, Grimsby were the mugs that took him off our hands. Then promptly got relegated two seasons in a row.

Eric Joly is up there as well. I've seen fat middle-aged blokes doing the half-time crossbar challenge look more natural on the pitch than him.

Was Eric Joly not Dindeleux's brother in law?

Other honorable mentions are Georgios Fotakis who never got a game and subsequently went on to have a decent career in Greece, might even have got capped?

Dmytro Pronevych, Ukraininan midfielder who again never kicked a ball and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

Mickael Wolski, French defender was a pre season trialist got a contract, can't remember him kicking a ball for us.

John Paul McBride

I'll throw Paddy Connolly in too. 200 grand for a striker that doesn't score. Kevin Thomas from a similar era. In fact pretty much any striker signed from 98 till we were relegated bar Simao and Lownes. Sammy Yousef being my personal highlight.

Also see pretty much every keeper between Main leaving and Main returning.

Outside the dirty firm no one is going to come close to Beslija - £875k for a guy who played less than 10 games and was rumoured to be on 10k a week. The wages flying around Hearts under romanov were obscene with rumours guys were on 5-15k a week across the squad. Sure it was even suggested Gordon was getting nearly 20k a week not long before his move.

Archived