It's just a New Season Hoose Party

Kinky Afro

That was the team and the time that was. Nothing stays the same forever......

The Fauldhouse United player of the year awards took place last night with the awards given out as follows:

Player's player of the year- Sam Watson

Supporter's player of the Year - Mikey Brown

Committee' player of the year - joint winners, Andy Murphy and Gary Fallon

Top goal scorer- Jamie Robertson

I watched on like a"Remain" voter and whilst they weren't my choices, I applauded and wished them well, as any true supporter should. Because when we look back at this season and my last 5 years supporting the Hoose, different people will see different things and have different opinions, sometimes polar opposites of the same fact or event. I always tried to make my own mind up and make my own call. If you can't trust your own eyes then who can your trust?

The team is breaking up with several players moving on as will the management team.. To be replaced by a new set of players and new folk in charge. Nothing stays the same forever and this definitely had the feel of an end of an era moment. The season wasn't celebrated and the event, whilst not flat, certainly had an understated feel to it. I can understand that as I felt everyone was tired and exhausted mentally from what was a traumatic season in most parts, peppered by great moments and moments of dire dejection. The fact that a nipping taste of underperformance, bad luck and "could do better" ran through the season is what sadly clouds the great escape and magical escapology of the last few games.

I left Park View and drove home to Glasgow (diet coke- can you not tell from my physique?) if not for the last time then certainly for the last time in a while. I remembered with a smile some of the great times I shared with the lads, supporting the team home and away for 5 years up and down and across Scotland. I remembered great games and great goals and great players and great times with great fans and the great people I met along the way. I smiled at the memories, because that is all they are. Those days are past now, and in the past, they must remain. Nothing stays the same forever....

I wish all the departing players well and am sure they will remember their time at Hoose mostly with great affection, just like I do. For those staying at the Hoose, I hope things work out well with the new set up. For the supporters and especially my wee crowd of Coo Shed Cavaliers, I wish you all well and want to thank you for welcoming me into the fold and for providing me with some right good laughs over the hours, miles and last 5 years as a "guilty by association" Buckie Boy. From the 4.5 hour drive to Glentanner, to the birth of Kinky Afro via "Bez's Madchester Anthems" blasting in the Haddington Car Park after we beat them, to Bellgate against Hurlford and the joys of 3 promotion campaigns (2 successful) and 2 relegation battles (drop avoided twice) it was a hell of a 5 years. Davie Cowan summed it up yesterday when he said that it isn't just about where we are at, it is about how we got here and the journey and joy. I am moving on and will follow another team next year and see how many I can annoy with my honest and insightful opinions!!! The Hoose won't be my team, I'm passing over the Facebook page to Gonk, Wull and Big Dave....Thanks to everyone who read the stuff I wrote about the events surrounding our times supporting the Hoose. I hope it made you smile at times and frown at other times. If nothing else at least it made you think about the Hoose and that can't be a bad thing. The Hoose are nothing if not for you all. Nothing stays the same forever... Well, maybe one thing might.....

The way I feel about the Hoose will stay with me forever as it was there for me during the best of times and the worst of times. It gave me a focus at times when I felt I couldn't see a way forward. It helped me and gave me a comfortable environment where I felt confident in my ability to understand and rationalise what was happening. I know some people won't understand this but that is what is great about football. It gives you whatever you are able to take from it. I know what I have taken and whilst I won't be a full time supporter, that will be the one thing the Hoose has given that stays the same for me, Forever.

Mon the Hoose!âš½ï¸ðŸ‘

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, salute you Kinky Afro. 

No-one can deny your passion for your team, your flair for prose and above all your outright honesty.

Thanks for the excellent reads and associated laughs. You've brightened up this forum and, unwittingly, been the best marketing man Fauldhouse United have ever had. I suspect there are many others like me who have had a wee keek at the 'hoose result each week because of your posts.

More power to your keyboard!

Archived