It's just a New Season Hoose Party

Kinky Afro

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Ayrshire travellers, drawn by the glow of the Hoose Lights approached stealthily towards the nomadic CooShed warriors... Dressed like Life on Mars detectives, it was clear the fresh revelled stargazing vagrants thought we were from another world, despite the sheepskin collared bomber jacket, there was no need to get wrapped up, there is always a Warm Welcome at the Park View PitchSide. Jake the Snake and his merry band of down and out Hilly Beef supporters, many clearly in the scarecrow stage of venomous trampdom also joined an entertaining and banter filled side line, coo shed still out of bounds due to refurb issues. Sometimes it is good to stand on the sloping grass and under the tree. This game started and ended with a walk in the Park....View.

The ginger heeded Alan Lawson look-a-like Hurlford manager was there to take in the Hoose and if he left at half time he would have gone home happy and slept well last night. A drab stuttering start of a performance could and should have saw us 3 down before were got out of our half. Some good saves, crossbar and last ditch defending kept things scoreless until a 45th minute penalty was missed by Mikey Broon. No score at half time and the treat of more dross extra time loomed large. We needn't have worried though as we went 3 at the back and it was one way traffic in the second half. Goals from Sam Scott and a brace for bit part striker Mark Aitken which will hopefully give him confidence and allow him to push on. It is tricky coming into a new team and when it is at a decent level like here at the Hoose then you can find yourself in a rut you can't get out of. With obvious ability and good reports from the coaching staff, yesterday will hopefully be a great confidence booster for the double marksman. He certainly has the support of the coo shed.

Hilly Beef was suffering Mad Coo Disease and a few of them turned in poultry displays. Especially Tam the Turkey, AKA the Glenrothes Gobbler, who clucked and plucked and never crossed our defensive line never mind a road. His beak was definitely in his Turkey Breast as he, along with his mates, shut up shop. He had more than one white feather to match the white flag they flew.

So it is onto another bird in the next hound, the Regal Swan Munchers await at Park View and it is likely to be a decent game and one we can win, given a fair wind and a fair ref, one who hasn't been dangled before the game by the ankles in the Royal Loch, with a threat of Cigar Smoking Fidel Castro ringing in their ears. We get nothing through there. You need to win to get a draw at that place.

We left Stargazer gazing at Stars indoors at Lammies, promising to catch the last stage out of Dodge. I hope he and his mate had a great time. You are welcome anytime mate. We are now on the official Scottish Culture Tour Route and we expect a few more Rabbie Burns Bandits in a fortnight when the Man City of junior fitbaw, Vomit and Hurl Furd come a calling. I heard they don't take a decent crowd with them but I still expect a bumper attendance. So in honour of our victory and in anticipation of our big games to come..... And our Ayrshire cousin bards...

To a Hoose... By Tam O'Brannan

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous Hurlford,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thou need na start awa sae hasty,

Wi' bickering brattle!

I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,

Wi' murd'ring pattle!

I'm truly sorry the Hoose dominion,

Has broken up your social union,

An' justifies that ill opinion,

Which makes thee startle

At us, thy poor, earth-born opponents,

An' fellow-mortal coo shed inhabitants.

But, housie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain;

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men

Gang aft agley,

An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy, yur no gittin any.

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' us

The present only toucheth thee:

But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.

To our pot we cannae piss in,

An' forward, tho' cos it's never said,

I guess NAE FEAR fae the Hoose and the Coo Shed.

Mon the Bard of the Hoose!

Another superb post big man with a nice Ayrshire Bard slant......the big games keep coming our way....bring it on!! Go the Hoose!!

Absolute pleasure to visit today. If anyone wants to see how a Junior club should be run then get yir erse along to Park View. Brilliant day oot and got a first class welcome too. Cheers to all from wee Tam and big Sandy !

Glad to have met you both at the game yesterday.....and thanks for the nice kind words. We all at the Club including the Coo-Shed army will always welcome the true junior fans like you a warm welcome with some good banter!

Hope you both got home at reasonable time and hope to see you back at Park View soon.

Go the Hoose!!

Aw Kinky ...that's fecking brilliant...that's up there with your very best work on here.

They don't deserve you.

You must know that in your heart...Come West young man...come West...Bring your wee chums and visit Valefield where your mentalness would be appreciated.

And good on the Winton boys for digging out their passports.

In honour of all who have gone before us, a call to arms extract from "The Chronicles of The Hoose" (a hefty tome borrowed from the Fauldhouse partnership centre library archives, circa 13th century) for tomorrow's big game away at Dirty Bo'ness..

"Hod yir grun"(a warriors tale) ....

Sons of The Hoose, I am Kinky Afro.

Young CooShed Warrior: Kinky Afro is 7 feet tall...

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the Bo'ness with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. I am Kinky Afro. And I see a whole army of my coo shed brothers and sisters,here in defiance of tyranny. You have come to support the Hoose as free men and women, and free you are. What would you do without freedom? Will you shout?

Part time supporter: Shout? Against they big teams? No, we will be quiet; and we will live.

Aye, shout and support the lads and you may die. Stay quiet and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell the Bo'ness that we are Davie Cowan's Coo Shed Army , that they may take our Buckie, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

To the opposition: "Go back to yer wee Bo'ness slums and tell them there that The Hoose’s daughters and her sons are yours no more. Tell them The Hoose is free. We are stonnin ur grun"

Onward the brave! Can't wait. Mon the Hoose!

*****h gu bra! (Hoose forever!)

I am sitting in the Vu Cinema in Livingston with my 8 year old daughter. Minions is coming on and I can't wait!!!! Wee squeaky sorts running about mental, loveable and all the same colour in their wee yellow strips, they raise a smile , but sometimes you can see the car crash coming. When it does, you wince but get ready for more of the same madness. Sounds familiar. But like these Dorito munching, popcorn scoffing, slushy slurper, sniffling kids who are getting right into my ear hole and driving me to distraction, sometimes it can be a challenge to remain calm. I found myself yesterday cheering for and with our minions, building up hope and daring to dream. We could have got something but in the end I felt somewhat flat. As "A Christmas Carol" displays itself all around the Livvy centre, I say "bah humbug" I'm despicable me.

A decent Hoose support at one of the big teams and to be fair we did OK in the first half and could have gone in 0-0 or 1-1, but for a goal of the decade (you are lucky if you score one of those in your whole career) and a missed free header at the back stick right on half time. This was a game where we can't really say we were unlucky not to get anything but we could have. Most games have been like that this year but points make prizes and goals make points. We are a bit short up front in terms of goals but not in effort. I though Jamie and Brian did well up front but we were never on top. A fine display by an energetic and skilful Brian Ross saw him rewarded with a consolation goal on full time but we were resigned to getting nothing from this game against a decent, but not fantastic, Bo'ness.

Our afternoon was summed up as a lone arse twinkled in the octopus skies on a hill behind the goal, we were here to say we were here and not with any real belief we would leave with anything more than a few more stories to tell. True, we got dogs abuse from a foul mouthed bloke with a walking frame, promising that Bo'ness would win 4-0... To cries of "who the fekk ur yoo? Russell fkn Grant?" And jack and victor and his Bo'ness auld team ya bass who got pelters from us as they berated Geoffrey the Giraffe ref and his poor linesman. Our 93rd minute chant of "we're gonna win 4-3" was greeted by a mocking laugh, all in good spirit and as handshakes were exchanged between both sets of fans and good wishes were collected for our big game against Hurlford next week, it left me wondering if "good" is enough?

We are a good side and we play some good football and we have some good players and we take a good support with us and we have a good laugh. But what is good about being near the bottom of he league and losing more than we win? Is being good good enough??

In the words of Glenn Hoddle "being a good player isn't enough".. Unless we have a full team battling for the full game and everyone working hard and giving 100% then we are not going to get much in this league. We get very little when we do, when we don't then we are certs to get what we got yesterday. It was a resigned and disappointed set of fans who set off for Home in the Hoose.

A huge game next week and the lads were in action today with shovels spades wheelbarrows and rakes. Sore backs, strained muscles, red raw hands and sweat by the bucket load, all in an attempt to have the place ready for next week. One came so we all came...More like lemmings than minions!!

But come along and support the team and add a bit to the occasion. We are a good team but sometimes we need a bit more. Every little thing helps and the supporters do their best, so we need to back the lads and do what we can. What is the alternative?? We make or break our weekends on a Saturday. Sometimes it is our whole week. Being good isn't enough to win we are finding.. But all you can do is the best you can. Look yourself in the mirror and as Wan Tooth Wull always says "it ain't what's in front of you that counts, it's who's behind you". Minions and Hoose fans stick together. The more the merrier.

Mon the minions!post-45407-14451844461474_thumb.jpgpost-45407-14451844777849_thumb.jpg

post-45407-14457719349488_thumb.jpg

The whistle blew and the fighting friends of Fauldhouse girded their loins and prepared to stare into the abyss, don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes, a "pals" battalion, going over the top to face a foe from a far off land to the West. Boys some of them... Doing a man's job. Despite the banter and rhetoric and downright nonsense and war talk, it's only hame though, lest we forget. When the bell tolls, Shock and Awe.. Aww naw.

With hope higher than real belief, the Hoose faithful gathered under the flag on a shoddy coo shed surface , a sharp contrast to the pristine surface, we were joined by a large band of vagabond ruffians, many in the slurring and slumbering stage of advanced Scottish-cuppness, both sides equally well represented. This made for a very vocal and vociferous gathering, both flying their colours and wearing the favours of their champions, a jouste about to start.

Off the whistle blew and first over the top were the Hoose and as a free header bounced of the Hurlford post and back into play , they looked shell shocked. However, they were gifted a chance which they took and after 3 mins we were one down. For the next 10 minutes they ran the show with some excellent touches and good movement. Their front gunners were causing all sorts of bother and their movement was great. The big 10 was a stand out and he capitalised on some kamikaze defending when he brought down a high ball, nibblefoottedly shuffled and passed it wide, pulled away the back stick, in behind enemy lines and text book headered back across Murph for a great second. 2-0 down against a Scottish cup favourite and it seemed a long way back. What you need to do is Barton down the hatches and dig in.. You only need to make one goal your target. Eyes on the prize.. And that's what we did. Some Hoose defending from Hurlford allowed us a free header from a corner and BOSH.. We were back in it. A wonder save from Murphy kept it to one and we regrouped and reloaded at half time.

A half time draw fiver found its way into my wee English mates pocket in the half time draw, proof that auld enemies can get along. Ding ding.. Goal 2 for Hoose after another shambolic defensive effort from vomit and hurl, we are back in it..!

Ding ding..Round two. It was actually ding ding ding ding ding (x200) as Quasimodo of the Bell, the Shakin' Stevens 70's throwback denim clad Hurlford wring oot, backed his team, adding to and interspersing with a South African vouvouzela.. What a racket.. What a spectacle... To me it all added to it but to some it was literally bell ends and handbags..... Support your team and make a noise. If you can't take it back then you shouldn't give it out.

I have seen many things in football but have never seen a game stopped for so long whilst an altercation was sorted. I say altercation because it was much ado about nothing. Scottish cup running through the veins and knocking you over the limit and beyond reason. It is true a non Hoose fan (not Hurlford) chucked a can at someone and then all hell broke loose. Most of the people involved were just trying to break up the scuffle. I have often seen men against boys but rarely men behaving like wee boys. Infantile and purile and nobody's finest hour.

We live to survive and survive we did. We fight on, metaphorically.

Some good Hoose performances with Jason Deans and Stan playing well, young Brian energetic and big Murph his usual self. Kev (after shaky start) and Sam were great. No one was below par and when you are in the trenches, you need your pals with you, backing you up and supporting. There are more important things than football though and whilst we all back our team and love the game, we love other things more. Well we should anyway. I do. I still do.

As the stars will be bright when we are dust,

Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain;

As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,

To the end, to the end, they remain.

Never forget.

To Ayrshire.. Together.

Mon the Hoose!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1445771933.269604.jpg

The whistle blew and the fighting friends of Fauldhouse girded their loins and prepared to stare into the abyss, don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes, a "pals" battalion, going over the top to face a foe from a far off land to the West. Boys some of them... Doing a man's job. Despite the banter and rhetoric and downright nonsense and war talk, it's only hame though, lest we forget. When the bell tolls, Shock and Awe.. Aww naw.

With hope higher than real belief, the Hoose faithful gathered under the flag on a shoddy coo shed surface , a sharp contrast to the pristine surface, we were joined by a large band of vagabond ruffians, many in the slurring and slumbering stage of advanced Scottish-cuppness, both sides equally well represented. This made for a very vocal and vociferous gathering, both flying their colours and wearing the favours of their champions, a jouste about to start.

Off the whistle blew and first over the top were the Hoose and as a free header bounced of the Hurlford post and back into play , they looked shell shocked. However, they were gifted a chance which they took and after 3 mins we were one down. For the next 10 minutes they ran the show with some excellent touches and good movement. Their front gunners were causing all sorts of bother and their movement was great. The big 10 was a stand out and he capitalised on some kamikaze defending when he brought down a high ball, nibblefoottedly shuffled and passed it wide, pulled away the back stick, in behind enemy lines and text book headered back across Murph for a great second. 2-0 down against a Scottish cup favourite and it seemed a long way back. What you need to do is Barton down the hatches and dig in.. You only need to make one goal your target. Eyes on the prize.. And that's what we did. Some Hoose defending from Hurlford allowed us a free header from a corner and BOSH.. We were back in it. A wonder save from Murphy kept it to one and we regrouped and reloaded at half time.

A half time draw fiver found its way into my wee English mates pocket in the half time draw, proof that auld enemies can get along. Ding ding.. Goal 2 for Hoose after another shambolic defensive effort from vomit and hurl, we are back in it..!

Ding ding..Round two. It was actually ding ding ding ding ding (x200) as Quasimodo of the Bell, the Shakin' Stevens 70's throwback denim clad Hurlford wring oot, backed his team, adding to and interspersing with a South African vouvouzela.. What a racket.. What a spectacle... To me it all added to it but to some it was literally bell ends and handbags..... Support your team and make a noise. If you can't take it back then you shouldn't give it out.

I have seen many things in football but have never seen a game stopped for so long whilst an altercation was sorted. I say altercation because it was much ado about nothing. Scottish cup running through the veins and knocking you over the limit and beyond reason. It is true a non Hoose fan (not Hurlford) chucked a can at someone and then all hell broke loose. Most of the people involved were just trying to break up the scuffle. I have often seen men against boys but rarely men behaving like wee boys. Infantile and purile and nobody's finest hour.

We live to survive and survive we did. We fight on, metaphorically.

Some good Hoose performances with Jason Deans and Stan playing well, young Brian energetic and big Murph his usual self. Kev (after shaky start) and Sam were great. No one was below par and when you are in the trenches, you need your pals with you, backing you up and supporting. There are more important things than football though and whilst we all back our team and love the game, we love other things more. Well we should anyway. I do. I still do.

Never forget.

To Ayrshire.. Together.

Mon the Hoose!

Good post as ever Kinky.......Going to Burns land next week.....in the hope of silencing that damn bell!!

Go the Hoose......ding dong....silent...we hope!!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1445771933.269604.jpg

Never forget.

To Ayrshire.. Together.

Mon the Hoose!

Impressive stuff - I wish I had your talent!

Great effort from the lads to come back from 2 goals down. And I should not have allowed myself to bite at the boy who was only supporting his team. But he had a dislike for me fae the first 5 mins but should not have reacted

Youz were both as bad as each other trading insults Kev.There was a lot of verbals going on from both camps I could see what happened coming a mile away.I know the bell and horns were annoying but I thought it brought a good atmosphere to the game.Until you know what happened.Just hope there's no repeat in Ayrshire or the clubs will get hit in the pocket by the beaks.

Bus for Hurlford this Saturday - 31st Oct KO 2pm Blair Park

• Departs Fauldhouse - 10.30am
  • Arrive Deer Park - 10.50am
  • Depart Deer Park - 11am
  • Arrive Showcase Coatbridge - 11.30am
  • Depart Showcase Coatbridge - 11.40am
  • Arrive Hurlford - 12.30pm
  • Depart Hurlford - 5.15pm

Limited Seats - Colin Cunningham - 07887 902667

Archived