It's just a New Season Hoose Party

Kinky Afro

Former long term Fauldhouse United Club Secretary Pat (Paddy) Brannan passed away early this morning September 9th 2015 at his home in Fauldhouse. Paddy 86 was a permanent fixture at Parkview watching his beloved Fauldhouse United and was still a regular up until a few months ago. His knowledge of the game was second to none, and it was known if things were not going Uniteds way Paddy would take a trip into the home dressing room at half time to pass on some much needed advice, and more often than not it worked a treat. All at Fauldhouse United Football Club would like to offer our condolences to his wife Margaret and family, he will be sorely missed.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former long term Fauldhouse United Club Secretary Pat (Paddy) Brannan passed away early this morning September 9th 2015 at his home in Fauldhouse. Paddy 86 was a permanent fixture at Parkview watching his beloved Fauldhouse United and was still a regular up until a few months ago. His knowledge of the game was second to none, and it was known if things were not going Uniteds way Paddy would take a trip into the home dressing room at half time to pass on some much needed advice, and more often than not it worked a treat. All at Fauldhouse United Football Club would like to offer our condolences to his wife Margaret and family, he will be sorely missed.

sad loss for the Hoose and junior football .rest in peace .

Great comment.....excellent turnout for Paddy's funeral today with lots of football connections there also....great result for the Hoose today....that would've pleased Paddy....rest in peace.

A meandering trip through the Kingdom of Fife, rollong hills and Braveheart Grey Cloud Skies in the gloom, tiny brig-a-doon-esque hamlets, auto headlights come on and it has a feel of early winter evening with still 90 minutes till KO. One point from the last 12 and we are definitely in a barn winter cold snap. Back in our day, when winning was common and often, the old morning of the match adage proclaimed "Grey skies and rain, Hoose win again..." I was confident we would give everything but often in life, a sorry tale of things gone wrong can go on and on and on. Before you know it, you are adrift.. Snow drifts in Fauldhouse.. Imagine a snow drift out here? 15 miles to Tayport and not a person within eyeline.. What if the Afro mobile packs in and I am cut adrift? I drove through St Michael and prayed to the patron saint of shoppers for my safe delivery. A pilgrimage to be part of my Hoose congregation gathering under the flag. I made it... It was time to pray.

No prima donnas for the Hoose just Laird Frankie of Jaykit asking for Prima Nocta... Some Birds are just flying to high for you old yin.. But his desires are the same as mine regarding the Hoose as well. Pass and move, "keep the baw oan the flerr", the Hoose can be a Revelation when they play like that and can leave the fans in Rapture. The second coming of the 3 points was on the cards as the Hoose started with a one up front system which saw 2 centre forwards on the bench. Some raised eye brows int he visiting fans but you have to have Faith... The system worked and we looked faster, slicker, more energetic and more threatening than the Fife Fluffers we were Facing. Long ball hoofers with limited ability, only the young hard running number 9 (like a poor beach dug chasing a never dropping frisbee) and the wee bearded ball of frustration centre midfield 8 get Afro pass marks. Shocking indiscipline also to get 2 reds when you are already up against it. The Hoose had some great performances and 3 great goals we could have scored more and should have I suppose. It would be trite for me to say "they don't have much and I can't see them winning many games" but we made them look like that. The Hoose are a hard working and good passing team, when we play like that it is a joy to watch. Credit to every single player. The 3 goals scorers all played great, Stan was definitely the man, Wee Genius Brian was effervescent and Ross Donnelly turned in his best performance for months in a line lead the line role. From some good saves from big murph, through to the last sub who came on, we deserved what we got and I was chuffed to bits for them. They have played well without rewards this season. Yesterday the "point gods" delivered. This isn't car shopping in Kirkcaldy, seek and yee shall find, thou shalt follow thy team.

Our Hoose,

Who art in the superleague,

Hallowed be thy name...

So, this Fauldhouse Outsider in the Kingdom countryside looking for the place to worship.. Somewhere more than spiritual, somewhere where you can belong. In a week that saw 6000 people view our Paddy Brannan memorial on the fans page, where other clubs offered their support and through ta to their "friends at Fauldhouse", you realise that when your time comes, your impact is all that is left. You should take each day as it comes and do what you think. Support your team, shout if you want, watch and ponder if you want. It is our game and our team. It was Paddy's team and we all share that, whether you are a Hoose fan on not.

It is only a game... But we are all one broad church, all in it together.

Praise be!

Mon the Hoose!

This sunshine soaked Saturday started with a minutes applause for the late Paddy Brannan. It turned iut to be the only applause the Hoose fans were able to muster. It is easy when you lose something to be bitter. Life ain't fair at times but it ain't fairer worse than the unfairness we had yesterday. Despite life's unfairness.. There is a Faintly disagreeing Family Feel about Fauldhouse. It isn't Fair when you get beaten. It isn't Fair when you are second best. It isn't Fair when you pay your money to watch your team and you are rotten. It isn't Fair.... It's an unFair current Hoose reality to be Fair. Fair's Fair. We served up poor Fayre and weren't eating at the same table as them. Like a half cut jakey hugging his Fish supper looking in the restaurant window.. I just hope we are saying "one day, that will be me".... Some will some won't. Some can and some can't. We were light years behind them and I think that is a Fair assessment.

I am not bitter, perhaps resigned is a better word. You can only pee with the "equipment" you've got. Equipment = Squad. We are what we are and what we are needs no excuses... Well and truly humped in our worse ever defeat in the super league. It could have been anything and I give them credit. Hard work is a must when you are a good player. If you don't work hard then you ain't going to amount to anything. You will be an also ran, an enigma, a waste. They worked hard right from the start and when combined with their pace, strength and ability, these men proved too much for our boys. Their back 4 were good and we had one shot on target in the 90 mins. The 1st goal scoring number 6 could have taken his shirt off and put back in the kit bad fresh for next week. The only time he looked troubled was when he thought he'd left the iron on... He won't need it to iron his strip as it was uncreased. The big young 9 was a handful and busy. He did great to cut across Sam for the penalty and red card. Faster, stronger, more desire and cleverer..their day summed up and all captured in that one run. The ref and linesmen had howlers with 3 red cards, some people who should have picked up second yellows let off and then the never before seen in my life scenario of a penalty being awarded, a player sent off, then the penalty being taken scored and given before the guy who is sent off has left the field??? It shouldn't mask our performance which was substandard. Well, sub their standard.

Some banter with the wee bleached Fairforelocked high pitch voiced number 11 who tried to cover his alto stratus choirboy chants with a deep rugged, "hit me mikey" chant.. It was too late .. Someone had hit his bllx .. Hard.. .. He was "like Aled Jones ya bass..." We were like a lead balloon alas.

The Afro usually asks for 100% effort and can make the call as to whether we missed our chances to get something. Yesterday we didn't. They were Head&Shoulders above us.. We weren't worth it. Last night's Albert Mancini fundraising quiz for the Hoose was welcome distraction and took my mind away somewhere else for a while. But there were plenty of questions still unanswered. The final round bonus question was "when are the Hoose going to turn up next?" I put down "next Saturday at Mussey".. I hope I'm right.. I usually am!

Mon the Hoose!

And once again a mediocre team playing Musselburgh this week 4goals down same as last week with no heart in the team a few players not at the races only two teams below them and they have a game in hand I know it a long way to the end but surely something h has to change no consistency in the team players being played in wrong positions strikers not stripped poor poor even the house fans not happy Mon the house pick it up

I'm getting married in the morning... Anyone for a Hoose party?

We played away at "the Honest Toun" and honestly.... I'm not telling fibs when I say I was disappointed. It brought the curtain down on my Saturday lads away day afternoons in the Afro Mobile, getting traded in for a better performing more economical model that will cause me less bother and be more reliable. I need that in my life right now, I've had enough hassle and worrying about what might happen, erratic behaviour that costs me money and emotional currency. Not knowing what is going to happen, thinking I know then only to find some other piece of crap comes along.. I sometimes think I am the only one bothered about it. Stag dos, weddings and Blackpool. Anywhere with a beach and I'm left asking who are the donkeys and who are being taken for a ride?? This is the team I am talking about, not the car. I suspect some of the lads will be checking out their value on WEBUYANYPLAYER.COM... Even an auld banger has a few miles left on the clock and you are better off driving on the B roads than sitting in the driveway of a big Hoose.

They weren't great and were showing the hangover signs of last year's cup run. Only the boy Luca Modric in midfield (ran the game and was a island of class in this choppy sewage filled sea of bottom of the tableness) and the big NINE who scored TWO but was TOO clever, TOO strong and had TOO much movement and intelligence for us. We gift teams goals and I feel we lack a commanding voice who will ensure there are no free headers and ensure that we switch in for second balls and ensure that forwards done get in front of you when you are defending. This is a basic schoolboy lesson but it looks like some of us dogged school that day. I can take effort and appreciate what I see from some who try hard and young Brian was for us, but I am sad to say that even although I suspect most were trying it did not have the look or feel of a team who were bothered we were going to get beat. Having passion doesn't mean smashing people off the ball, or fighting.. It means doing things properly and keeping your standards high and never dropping them. I think a lot of people did that yesterday and it is a sickening feeling.

We can only move onwards from this and we face another tricky tie next week but I wonder who'll be there as I heard that my postman's cousin's neighbour's son is back from uni and is having a do somewhere, near a beach, Friday to Sunday and we couldn't miss that now could we??

It can become a habit losing, or at least, not winning. We have won 7 of our last 25 league games. I am no fool nor am I a fantasist. I know what I can see and what is good and what is bad. I know where we are and don't need people to tell me what I think. I think we can play well and that we could be doing better, but this isn't Sunday morning football. If you behave like the game doesn't matter then you won't get anything or anywhere. If you don't stand up and take responsibility then you are hiding behind other people's failings. Don't moan when you ain't stripped or are on the bench cos you decided for a weekend that your football wasn't important enough. I still go to weddings but I don't play. There is plenty of time for weddings. I never missed a game for a wedding.. Even less so a stag do. I came home from holidays to play midweek games.. I don't profess to be anything other than a player that loved playing. It is a frustration to me, many of the fans and no doubt the manager and committee that some of our guys just don't seem to love it enough... And it is evident when they play. Sadly.

And now, the end is near, no more road trips in my car and no more adventures at far flung corners of Scotland, talking nonsense going there and listening to even more incoherent nonsense coming back.. Watching us could drive you to drink but I drove to watch us and never did. As the arches set of Carl Cox blasted out on the Edinburgh bypass/M8 HooseBound road home, it wasn't just the bass that was heavy. My heart was too.. Longing for a time when it all made sense and times were good, a few laughs yesterday doesn't mask it. I stopped off at Livvy for fuel, 10 miles till home but that looked a far off place, my cars last drink, just enough to get it home and then to the garage. Is it time for a swap? For some it is I think....

No matter what, for me, it is always, mon the Hoose!

But who were the strikers not stripped against musselburgh?you've mentioned who wasn't stripped against bonnyrigg but your original post yesterday stated strikers weren't stripped against mussey.so come on,tell us who??

And once again a mediocre team playing Musselburgh this week 4goals down same as last week with no heart in the team a few players not at the races only two teams below them and they have a game in hand I know it a long way to the end but surely something h has to change no consistency in the team players being played in wrong positions strikers not stripped poor poor even the house fans not happy Mon the house pick it up

Archived