It's just a New Season Hoose Party

Kinky Afro

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to all involved yesterday and throughout the season , easy to say now but i always believed we were to good to go down. Will collect my winnings off my workmates on Monday as they bet me 2/3 weeks ago we would go down. Not being big headed but i predicted to Mark and the bench yesterday that the wee rogue would come on [  I call him that by the way ] , get a free kick and score. Never scored but what a strike which led to our goal. ONCE AGAIN  CONGRATULATIONS  TO ALL THE PLAYERS AND ALL INVOLVED AT FAULDHOUSE FOOTBALL CLUB.

They were actually quite quiet yesterday but then again it was st Andrews.

All a bit surreal as Fauldhouse were honking in the 2nd half and St Andrews missed a few snips. Then a fantastic free kick which was converted from changed the atmosphere big time.

On a side note I thought the free kick was in and if you had not scored from the rebound then we would be on here still debating Russian linesman style.

They were actually quite quiet yesterday but then again it was st Andrews.

All a bit surreal as Fauldhouse were honking in the 2nd half and St Andrews missed a few snips. Then a fantastic free kick which was converted from changed the atmosphere big time.

On a side note I thought the free kick was in and if you had not scored from the rebound then we would be on here still debating Russian linesman style.

I agree bigal that I thought the ball was over the line when it came down off the bar....linesman was in line with 18 yard box so he couldnt see it. Anyways all irrelevant now.....what a finish to a very nervy 2nd half! Hoose conquer the Saints......Go The Hoose.....!!

The lost Soul and the prodigal Son Sizzle in the Sun.

There will be people asking how we won this game 2-0. A lot of them will have watched the game. Karma is alive and kicking as a last gasp, on the whistle second goal saved a huffing puffing sun shine Hoose who encountered a team showing all the signs to the educated eye of why they were relegated. An amazing 16 league points from the last 18 saw us scramble home on goal difference. I say scramble but that end of season form is championship form in anyone's book. It is testament to the hard work of the players and staff and to the virtues of togetherness and belief as well as all other emotions which were in heavy and effervescent evidence yesterday. There ain't no heart like a big HOOSE Heart. So what did we expect? It's all for fun and it's all history now. It was just an old season Hoose party.....

The Happy Hoose bus set off under misty skies, a shroud of cloud covering the day's uncertainty. We were laden with Hope and "Provisions", collecting people from Wee villages and family gatherings on the way, all together now and heading for the coast and our Waterloo. We arrive at the home of golf after a high spirited journey, punctuated by a half hour stop off at Coupar when the Westport Arms toilets were put through their paces, (they coped admirably) the bus toilet only barely capable to cope with a number one. How little we knew then about the dramatic arrival of another number 2 later that day! With the sunshine kissing the North Sea and a Scent of Sunburn in the air, we disembarked and leaving the lads to go check out the pitch, we make our way to the clubhouse to settle the nerves. A few games of pool and a chat with the locals and then it was time to go do it. This wasn't going to be a Sunburn Stroll by the Seaside. This was a game for rolled up sleeves not knotted hankies and fight till the last ounce of your sun sapped strength and battle and keep going till the very end. The very end. The very very end. The 90th minute.....

The game was not a classic but like a lot of very important games, the result was all that mattered. It was for us anyway. Make no mistake, this was a game that we could have lost, could have drawn but won. Most of our games have been like that this season but yesterday we rode our luck and got our reward.. Eventually. They could have been ahead in the first 5 minutes but their misfiring number 7 shot his first of his many tame efforts strait at big Murphy. To be fair to St Andrews, despite their relegation earlier in the week courtesy of the Hoose's win at Broughty, they didn't lie down and had a number of chances to spoil the day. A few thankfully fluffed their lines at the vital time which allowed the 1-0 up leading Hoose, courtesy of the early season returning Lost Soul Mark Aitken's top corner dispatched penalty, to stay in the chase for survival right till the end. The very end. The very very end. Special praise to Mark Aitken who having failed to catch fire early in the season, went out on loan, only to return for the Hoose late on in the season and play a massive part. We played with 2 up top all game and it was to prove productive as both ended up on the scoresheet. The Hoose knew one goal wasn't enough and it was a strange feeling being ahead but being behind the curve. In hindsight, if we had been 2 up earlier we might have sat back and lost out but a combination of dogged defending, good saves, flagging linesmen and poor finishing meant when a free kick was awarded 35 yards out in the 89th minute, it was now or never. It was nearly never as the Prodigal Son rattled the under side of the crossbar with the ball bouncing out. The linesman later said it hadn't crossed the line but that was no surprise as all he gave us the whole game was a one armed flagged offside salute. When it hit the bar all sorts of thoughts ran through my mind in the 2 seconds before it ended up in the net:

That just sums up our season.

We never get the breaks. Come on Jordan, get your head to it.

Don't back out.

Be brave.

He's scuffed it.

That isn't going in.

It's in!! It's in!!

We've done it.

I can't believe it.

They kicked off and kicked it straight out of play and never got within 40 yards of our goal again and a minute later the ref drew down a 3 toot curtain on our season and my 5 seasons following the Hoose, home and away. I went straight to Davie Cowan and congratulated him in the midst of the celebrating team and fans. He has done a magical job juggling bombs with one hand behind his back and keeping us up for the second season. Some people will say we were lucky and we were, but you have to work hard to allow yourself the chance to be lucky. The great Arnold Palmer once said (very close to our victory yesterday) "It's funny, the harder I practice the luckier I get" We hacked purest round the 30 game course, were below par often but battled and stuck together, were brave and got out of a bunker to claim our Claret Jug reward.

The Party Bus home was a joyous place with choruses of "FAULDHOOSE on fire, Sauchie are terrified" ringing out and every variation of that you can imagine. The thing is though that a lot has been made of Sauchie finishing their season a month ago and how is that fair on them? Well, had we made the play offs we would have played 6 games in 10 days.. Is that fair? Sauchie are a well run club from what I hear and knowing they weren't safe should have meant they were keeping themselves ticking over. If they haven't then it is more fool them. Who stays up or comes up? To be honest I couldn't care. We have played at both picturesque Sauchie and post apocalyptic Lochee this season. I'll wish them both well and what will be will be. This is a great league to play in and it is a worthy prize for them both.

I know what it means to belong to something that is greater than the sum of its parts. I know what it means to some of the people in Fauldhouse and to the supporters. It might just be a hobby for some but to others it means the world. It is their world. I have done a fair few miles following the Hoose over the last 5 years and I can move on satisfied and proud that I didn't quit when we were struggling and kept going till the end.

The people who benefit don't even always understand, but as I say to everyone, what we do should be is for us and not for others. They can bask in the associated glory.. They weren't there yesterday... But that is ok...we did what we did for ourselves, whether you are a player or a fan. Don't "Do it for the fans" .. Always always always always do it for yourself lads. When Lady Luck lands in the last minute of the last game of the season and keeps us up, welcome her with open arms and tell that story forever. Make it better and funnier and give it more

colour. I do. It is an etched blank factual palate forever.

"Embrace life's challenges so that you will experience the exhilaration of success"

I am proud to have been a Hoose fan. I suppose I always will be. I would like to wish everyone at the club, or who has been associated with the club over the years, all the best and every success. I will miss my fellow Coo Shed Cavaliers. The original Buckie Five were travelling everywhere in the old Afro mobile. Kev, Duff, Gonk and Tooty. Latterly all the others who have been part of my fanship. You know who you are. It has been a blast but nothing stays the same forever. Thank you for the memories and for welcoming me in.

"Closure to an open heart

is painful indeed,

but its what's best for me.

Tired of looking back on all the memories,

and all the could have be’s.

Time to close my heart for good,

those times has passed,

though your love will always be dear to me. "

Forever. Mon the Hoose! âš½ï¸ðŸ‘

post-45407-14651464990191_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the kind words Afro. Just glad I could help the boys out for a couple of games. They deserved to stay up! Great run of results at the right time.

another miss kick mr shanks . That you back to stay at your junior spiritual home ? Is Davy stAyin on as manager . The guys a bit like wee Hendo ,does a thankless job very well . Hope he keeps up the good work wi the Hoose .

HOLD THE BACK PAGE- from Dave Huddlestone.

"Hi Guys

I have just had a phone call from Davie Cowan confirming that he is standing down as manager of Fauldhouse United FC

He is not going to another club but taking a much needed break

I have told him we respect his decision and that his achievements at the club have been immense and much appreciated

Regards

Dave H"

On behalf of the fans, I would like to thank Davie for all his hard work and wish him well in the future. There is one thing for certain.. We wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for him.

Davie Cowan's Red and White Armyâš½ï¸â¤ï¸

post-45407-14658429843788_thumb.jpg

Guest brycey

davie cowan ee were richt oot the top drawer n a crackin gaffer at the hoose move oan wae eer heed held hi wee man n thanx for everything mon the hoose

Archived