The "GOW" chat 2015/16

THECABBAGE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I would agree with the comment about Gerry regarding the players. Although if the Gow are talking to Billy McDonald it would not surprise me. He's attends Gow games regular, is always on hand to help out the club over the years when others left and the club needed time to sort things out. Rab asked Billy to be his number 2 is my understanding and he refused due to wanting to be a no1 if he decide to go into junior football. My personal opinion is I think a guy who played senior, done all his coaching stuff whatever that is now and who has helped out the club whenever he got a phone call deserves the interview if thats the case. If he did not get an interview I think a lot of the supporters would be really disappointed with the committee.

I also don't believe what Rab said in the papers was the full story something else has happened to make him resign. If that is the case Rab and Gerry as a team have not worked well to fix it and that might be the inexperience of Gerry not knowing how to help Rab in that situation.

Personally I would like to see Gerry working with Billy and being given the guarantee of the job next time around. That give's him a bit more time to learn and probably be a better long term manager at the Gow. In saying all of that the committee could do the exact opposite.

I'm pleased that Billy got the job and wish him all the best. As I said above I would like to see them working together if that's possible. The managers position probably came a year or two early for Gerry. I hope the players can put the club first and get behind the new manager and whoever the new assistant is. Mon the Gow!!!

He has left mate. Would have been great if they both could work together but Gerry wants a managers job.

absolutely gutted for big ger I know he didn't have to much experience but think he's the type of guy with his attitude to everything he does on and off the park plus the respect I know the players would have for him would have took to the job no problem but that's just my opinion. Hope somewhere down the line he gets a crack at it with another club I can see him making a good manager. All the best to Billy he knows his stuff and played at the highest level so hopefully the lads listen to him and move on an get that promotion which there well capable of doing. Good luck for rest of season

absolutely gutted for big ger I know he didn't have to much experience but think he's the type of guy with his attitude to everything he does on and off the park plus the respect I know the players would have for him would have took to the job no problem but that's just my opinion. Hope somewhere down the line he gets a crack at it with another club I can see him making a good manager. All the best to Billy he knows his stuff and played at the highest level so hopefully the lads listen to him and move on an get that promotion which there well capable of doing. Good luck for rest of season

spot on coco big ger knows his stuff

Is that no a managers job to pick the team? I know guys on the Gow committee that have been on it for 20, 30 & 40 years there intergrity is not in question. They would have listened to both candidates and picked what they think is best for the Gow at this time. (Only time will tell if they got it right) Some of these auld guys have seen it all before and I'm sure they would not have wanted to lose Gerry. Once you go for the top job and don't get it there is normally not much room for negotiation it's the job or nothing. I wish Gerry all the best. These things happen all the time in football, manager resigns assistant wants the job and does not get it. As a Gow supporter I would expect the Gow players to get behind the new manager and show what they are made of. Mon the Gow!!!

Is that no a managers job to pick the team? I know guys on the Gow committee that have been on it for 20, 30 & 40 years there intergrity is not in question. They would have listened to both candidates and picked what they think is best for the Gow at this time. (Only time will tell if they got it right) Some of these auld guys have seen it all before and I'm sure they would not have wanted to lose Gerry. Once you go for the top job and don't get it there is normally not much room for negotiation it's the job or nothing. I wish Gerry all the best. These things happen all the time in football, manager resigns assistant wants the job and does not get it. As a Gow supporter I would expect the Gow players to get behind the new manager and show what they are made of. Mon the Gow!!!

8)

Ah hope everyone appreciates the job that wee Rab has done, watched us against Hill of Beath in the Scottish, defence was poor, big Jack nearly got us back in the game, but the better team won on the day. Big Gerry was an honest centre-half, did he have an input on the defence? Appreciate ex-players views, Coco always respect, but I think Billy deserves a chance, only concern, do ex-seniors expect a bit too much? I'll be right behind the club as ever, disappointed not to get to as many games as I used to, c'mon the Gow!

8)

Ah hope everyone appreciates the job that wee Rab has done, watched us against Hill of Beath in the Scottish, defence was poor, big Jack nearly got us back in the game, but the better team won on the day. Big Gerry was an honest centre-half, did he have an input on the defence? Appreciate ex-players views, Coco always respect, but I think Billy deserves a chance, only concern, do ex-seniors expect a bit too much? I'll be right behind the club as ever, disappointed not to get to as many games as I used to, c'mon the Gow!

mate there was no disrespect to Billy with wot I said that I would have loved Ger to get the job. I still have good connection with the club and want the best for them and I get on with Billy really well an know he will do a good job so good luck for the rest of the season and great result today well done

mate there was no disrespect to Billy with wot I said that I would have loved Ger to get the job. I still have good connection with the club and want the best for them and I get on with Billy really well an know he will do a good job so good luck for the rest of the season and great result today well done

8)

Wee bit of a misunderstanding Coco, I meant I always respect ex-players views, I wasn't suggesting you didn't have respect for Billy, far from it. Great result today, good to see you along at some of the games, Coco. All the best to you

8)

Wee bit of a misunderstanding Coco, I meant I always respect ex-players views, I wasn't suggesting you didn't have respect for Billy, far from it. Great result today, good to see you along at some of the games, Coco. All the best to you

thanks mate and as I said always want yous to be that team going for promotion

Thanks mate. Boys got a lift from new manager and worked hard for each other. Thought our first goal was offside, got a bit of luck for second and everybody in the ground thought our centre back was getting a straight red for pulling down your guy going in on goal, but as you said, best team on the day won. Best of luck for the season ahead.

Archived