The "GOW" chat 2015/16

THECABBAGE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with his comments re players reasons for missing games.

[/quote

Times are different and I am a different generation but there is no way I'd have missed a game back in the day to go to a stag do or go off on holiday. This said, in my day it was called a stag night and tended to be in town on the night after a match!

Fully realise we all have different priorities but I have to agree with these comments. I've been surprised over the years how many guys don't trap for these reasons. Must be frustrating over and above suspensions and injuries

He is bang on about players going on holiday etc, I believe a player phoned him on a Monday and said btw I cant play on Saturday, I am going on holiday.

Thats no good to any manager.

The assistant should get the chance I would think

gerry has only just started out coaching so definitely not enough experience but I'd have him involved as he's 1 of the most passionate guys I've met an is good at rallying the lads up. Time will tell but some 1 to help an show him the ropes is the way forward imo

I heard that too hope so no players have left heard a lot of them want the assistant to get the job I hope he does as well

Really disappointed to see Rab go as he's a Gow juniors man through and through. I have known Rab for years and I'm surprised he's resigned.
On the subject of the manager Gerry he does not have enough experience for me and some of the players will always want what suits them not the club. I know a lot of the committee they will do what they think is best for the Gow.

By all accounts the Gow deserved the 3 points today in a 0-0 draw. Well done Gerry on the job you done today. I don't know what the committee will do with the managers position it's full of auld timers who don't give much away. I don't know Gerry personally although he acts in the right manner and is well liked at the Gow. I just think he's not got the experience and could be doing with another year or two as an assistant that's my point of view. Whoever gets the job as a Gow supporter I will back them 100%

Archived