Central League

BigHartson

The central won all the national cups. The EoS, WoS and the Scottish.

3 of the last 4 in the west. 2 in the semi of the Scottish

The Caly is a good league but over the course of a season it's clearly not as strong. And with the additions made to the central this year it's only going to get better.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy feet. South side and Craigshill beat teams from both leagues in their Scottish cup runs last year mate,so does that make Saturday morning leagues stronger also. I played and loved my time in Caley, but this has been by passed by Central, still enjoy my visits to CAley teams though as always well run and organized clubs, unlike the afore mentioned NED team Craigshill.

Yip as the same 3 or 4 Super Clubs are always winning the majors or competing in the later stages every year.

I'm talking about the overall depth and standard of the leagues, it's a different argument from who's got the best 3 or 4 teams.

Last year Caley was stronger overall. Central have made good additions this year though definitely. But I'd say Thorn are as good if not better than any side the Central have brought in.

We all have valid arguments I suppose.

And people from both sides will argue their case strongly.

I think there is more than 3/4 clubs in the central who would do more than hold their own in the Caley though.

I think the top 6 would be the top 6 in the Caley. (Just my opinion) I don't rate Dumbarton Accies and they were one of the strongest in the setup last year.

The Caley have added well recently but you just need to look at a Strong Postal or Aikenhead side who joined the central and found the Premier a step above.

Have to agree with crazy feet. Take out the top 4 and there really is nothing between the leagues. Rumours going round that the caley could be attracting some big names from the central prem next year as well. I think the caley will take over in the next couple of years.

Totally agree with both arguments, (points)played Thorn last season (beat them on pens and we play in 1B )and have a pre season game lined up with them, good strong side. Also as BIg Hartson commented on both Postal and Aitkenhead left the Caley for Central and both relegated, to be fair both decent sides,

Southside beat doune , aitkenhead , bearsden , condorrat , Sandys and stenhousemuir in there Scottish run , doesn't mean there league is any better , means they have a better side . My opinion is the central is the best league , Caley is the most overhyped league in amateur , maybe years ago it was the top league but the central has bypassed it by a fair bit . I agree with top four out the central it decreases the level but take top four out any league it's going to hamper the level . A bit of a pointless statement

Totally agree with both arguments, (points)played Thorn last season (beat them on pens and we play in 1B )and have a pre season game lined up with them, good strong side. Also as BIg Hartson commented on both Postal and Aitkenhead left the Caley for Central and both relegated, to be fair both decent sides,

They came from the SAFL but your point still stands. They both came with big reputations and got promoted in their first season.

Clearly the prem was a step to far for them though.

Haldane are following in their footsteps now. Wonder if they can get promoted like the other SAFL teams.

They came from the SAFL but your point still stands. They both came with big reputations and got promoted in their first season.

Clearly the prem was a step to far for them though.

Haldane are following in their footsteps now. Wonder if they can get promoted like the other SAFL teams.

apologies big yin, new to amateur, most of my time spent with u21,s . No disrespect but I hope Haldane don,t as they are in our section, remember them last year in particular the big centre half was a stand out for me. If they do manage it they will have to be on the ball every week in that section as there is not an easy game to be had.

apologies big yin, new to amateur, most of my time spent with u21,s . No disrespect but I hope Haldane don,t as they are in our section, remember them last year in particular the big centre half was a stand out for me. If they do manage it they will have to be on the ball every week in that section as there is not an easy game to be had.

Who is it you are with mate?

Haldane Mate. Just joined them this year. Got 25 bodies at pre season. Doubt we will have 15 at training come September.

same all round mate,it,s hard to keep lads happy at amateur level if not playing, got about 22 myself,not a bad one among them, good mix of youth and experience, but will find it hard to hold on to if not playing. We play Thorn this week, looking to give all game time as they all been bursting their balls for the past 3weeks

Archived