Kilwinning Rangers 2015/16

Scotlad

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The committee are the folk that volunteer their free time every week to run the club. If the fans who pay £6 think they could do a better job then I'm sure the committee would love to have them on board.

Stuart, the committee have had endless offers of help from kilwinning folk all season. They don't want it - fact!! There has been more folk left the committee this season than games lost due to west and devlin wanting to do everything themselves with their spineless puppets!

This is what needs to change for the benefit of kilwinning and it's team. Opinion on this is unanimous!

The committee are the folk that volunteer their free time every week to run the club. If the fans who pay £6 think they could do a better job then I'm sure the committee would love to have them on board.

Stuart, the match day volunteers give up more of their time and contribute more than most of the committee.

These match day volunteers, the guys that collect money at the gate, the guys that stock the bar, work in the bar, run the hospitality, work in the pie hut, assist with stewarding are all people that have been brought to the club though Chris's influence.

I don't think fans are saying they can do a better job, most are just looking for transparency on what is a very strange decision, and most are also looking for a committee that have the respect to congratulate players on their successful season.

Stuart, the match day volunteers give up more of their time and contribute more than most of the committee.

These match day volunteers, the guys that collect money at the gate, the guys that stock the bar, work in the bar, run the hospitality, work in the pie hut, assist with stewarding are all people that have been brought to the club though Chris's influence.

I don't think fans are saying they can do a better job, most are just looking for transparency on what is a very strange decision, and most are also looking for a committee that have the respect to congratulate players on their successful season.

Your first paragraph nails it for me mate.

You say the match day volunteers give up as much if not more of their time than the committee. Shouldn't these match day volunteers be part of the committee as opposed to a split ? Should all be part of the one committee and all should have a say on matters and all should be together as a one rather than a division.

Stuart, the committee have had endless offers of help from kilwinning folk all season. They don't want it - fact!! There has been more folk left the committee this season than games lost due to west and devlin wanting to do everything themselves with their spineless puppets!

This is what needs to change for the benefit of kilwinning and it's team. Opinion on this is unanimous!

fair play. Didn't realise the committee at Kilwinning was run like that.

Your first paragraph nails it for me mate. You say the match day volunteers give up as much if not more of their time than the committee. Shouldn't these match day volunteers be part of the committee as opposed to a split ? Should all be part of the one committee and all should have a say on matters and all should be together as a one rather than a division.

very well said and very true..

I find this absolutely shocking and bawless if you want to sack someone you do it to there face not by text ..

If what's on here about the committee is true then we they are heartless for not standing up to other's if you are sacking the gaffer for something he done then I hope they warned him about his conduct first as I he is a fucking a pain but you can see it works by getting a response out the players hand your heads in shame as I'm sure sponsors and players will go as well ..

oops Mr Devlin Mr West have did this before and walked away walk now to save our wee club

Any truth in the story doing the rounds that man of many clubs John West has left Kilwinning along with Barry Devlin?

So maybe this wasn't as far fetched as some suggested. Seems the trouble has been brewing for some time but hardly surprising when the man of many clubs is concerned. .Two  West Finals in one season is impressive. 

This has happened before.   The keyboard warriors heaped abuse on the previous committee which went far beyond acceptable comments.  When they got their wish with that committee resigning they miserably failed to put themselves forward to continue the club and it was left in limbo for others to sort out.   Then, as now, they did not know the facts behind the club's business but preferred to speculate and many idiots believed them.  You only need to read the postings on Pie and Bovril to see that most of the comments are NOT from Buffs fans.   These small-minded feckwits actually believe that they are important in the grand scheme of things.   It is highly likely they had a genuine reason for not extending Chris Strain's contract but chose to keep it private & confidential ... maybe even to prevent embarrassment to Chris.  Democracy can be a dangerous thing when every spear-chucker gets a vote.

This has happened before.   The keyboard warriors heaped abuse on the previous committee which went far beyond acceptable comments.  When they got their wish with that committee resigning they miserably failed to put themselves forward to continue the club and it was left in limbo for others to sort out.   Then, as now, they did not know the facts behind the club's business but preferred to speculate and many idiots believed them.  You only need to read the postings on Pie and Bovril to see that most of the comments are NOT from Buffs fans.   These small-minded feckwits actually believe that they are important in the grand scheme of things.   It is highly likely they had a genuine reason for not extending Chris Strain's contract but chose to keep it private & confidential ... maybe even to prevent embarrassment to Chris.  Democracy can be a dangerous thing when every spear-chucker gets a vote.

I actually get where your coming from here, I do, but, a young manager has taken a side from the ADL to the Super Premier in two years, the semi-final of the Scottish this season and the seemingly forgotten West final last year. The fact he was sacked via text and the committee refused to give any sort of comment is the reason so many of us small minded feckwits were outraged.

If the committee had come out and made a statement along the lines of 'we have relieved Chris Strain of his duties due to him being a fud and certain events that have occurred that we wish to remain private at the moment' then, yes maybe then there wouldn't have been such an outcry.

To sack him by text and then refuse to comment in anyway is really poor, why not have said that there were reasons behind it that would be explained to members at Mondays AGM? 

Now to walkaway without having the backbone to stand up for the reasons you felt were justified in sacking him just makes the whole thing worse IMO.

As for Chris being a fud, I absolutely detested him as a player because he was good but also wound opponents up, met him twice personally and he seemed a right decent guy.

This has happened before. The keyboard warriors heaped abuse on the previous committee which went far beyond acceptable comments. When they got their wish with that committee resigning they miserably failed to put themselves forward to continue the club and it was left in limbo for others to sort out. Then, as now, they did not know the facts behind the club's business but preferred to speculate and many idiots believed them. You only need to read the postings on Pie and Bovril to see that most of the comments are NOT from Buffs fans. These small-minded feckwits actually believe that they are important in the grand scheme of things. It is highly likely they had a genuine reason for not extending Chris Strain's contract but chose to keep it private & confidential ... maybe even to prevent embarrassment to Chris. Democracy can be a dangerous thing when every spear-chucker gets a vote.

Some really good points made there , I wonder how much the buffs recent success was percentage wise in terms of the great job the management done / cash that the committee who've now stepped down put in?

Ideally the top level of junior football would see an " ordinary " bunch of fans forming a committee , ï¸however ï¸as has been said loads of times it's now practically a business in clubs trying to operate at the very top level , you really need guys with lots of major contacts to pull in sponsorship as its not a cheap operation in trying to operate at the top end of the juniors , the days of perhaps a dozen fans who drink together and are pals without business contacts are long gone now in terms of trying to operate in the top league.

Interesting times ahead for the buffs and here's hoping they get it back together after a real Rocky last few days.

latest news  

Good morning folks.

Club statement 15/6/2016:

As off last night as released in a previous statement, the committee stepped down following the match at Abbey Park.

On behalf of everyone connected at KRFC I would like to thank everyone on the committee for the time, momentous effort & sterling work that they have put into the club.

It is sad the way their time has ended, & I remind everyone that the committee are appointed to make decisions on behalf of the club and that often hard decisions do have to be made, even though sometimes these decisions may prove unpopular.

At this point we would like to extend our thanks to Chris Strain & his management team and players who provided us with an exceptional and entertaining season, we are most certainly looking forward to next season.

Thanks also go to all off the club's sponsors, your support has been most appreciated and valued.

Lastly but certainly not leastly a huge thanks to all supporters of KRFC who support the club through thick & thin. As a visitor to the park said on Friday night at the last game of the season "The Buffs have the best fans there is".

John Bennett has been appointed as temporary chairman in the meantime, and a meeting for the fans will be arranged and announced in due course, where a new committee will be elected. Thanks to John for doing this.

With regards to time critical matters that need addressed or dealt with in the near future, can I assure you that these matters are in hand and that Mr T. Moore will be attending the meeting in Perth on Saturday, and is, along with several other ex committee members, ensuring essential information is provided and nothing is missed. Again, we thank Tommy & the outgoing committee, and previous committee members for this.

I now ask that everyone who is a Buffs fan, now gets behind the club & we firmly move on from recent events in a positive and professional manner.

Scott Davidson

LikeShow More Reactions
Comment

An absolute car crash of events. Complete and utter unecessary self-distruction.

That out-going committe should be ashamed of themselves; the management and players had exceeded expectation, the fans were behind them and the club was on the up. Yet, a monumental failure of a decision has resulted in Kilwinning facing their return to the top flight with no manager and no committee. Utter madness.

I fail to comprehend how grown men in a position of power could come to the conclusion that sacking Strain was ever going to end well. The club was on a high and surely that had to be maintained. Days earlier, Strain was on the field celebrating with the players and fans. What sort of response did they expect to sacking a man who had led them to double promotions?

Dismissing him by text sounds like that committe's form. I don't know any of them, but being in a position of responsibility was clearly outwith their capabilities.

Apparently Paul Maxwell has signed for Kilwinning although I don't know if that still stands after all the carry on.

If he has signed the forms and they have gone to SFA Registrations he is a Kilwinning player no matter who is manager.

Archived