Kilwinning Rangers 2015/16

Scotlad

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref wasnt good. The pavillion side linesman gave him no help. Taking a wage.

I was stood next to the refs Dad at one point. Thought he did okay, the pavillion lino was one of those who wouldnt make a decision until he saw what the ref had given - at one point right in front of me there was a clear throw in one way but he stood like a lemon until the ref indicated which way it was, from then on he was getting pelters.

Mind you from my spot right in line with it they got the penalty claim bang on, looked a great tackle.

OK so now the dust has settled - what's happened to Ben this season? I ask with the best of motives, given his contribution to the team over the years.
Is it burn-out? Does Strain's approach to man management not work with Lewis? Is he carrying an injury? Or just a player that's hit a bad patch in personal form? Whatever, he's gone off the boil, and just keen to understand why. That's all. And he gives nowt less than 100% every week btw.

Agree that Ben has looked well short of the standards that he has set for himself in recent weeks. He looked as if his head was down yesterday, unusual for a guy who has given so much over the years. Must be an underlying injury niggle surely as would imagine as captain he has a good relationship with the manager.

OK so now the dust has settled - what's happened to Ben this season? I ask with the best of motives, given his contribution to the team over the years.

Is it burn-out? Does Strain's approach to man management not work with Lewis? Is he carrying an injury? Or just a player that's hit a bad patch in personal form? Whatever, he's gone off the boil, and just keen to understand why. That's all. And he gives nowt less than 100% every week btw.

I think Ben has lost a wee bit of form in the last few matches.He was sh*t hot first half of the season.Maybe lacking in confidence in front of goal too,but once he scores again,the wee man will come good again.He's one I would NOT leave out the starting 11.

I was wondering why yous are called the buffs?

" The History of Kilwinning Rangers F.C." book says the names origin is unclear.

They played at a pitch called "The Butts" in the very early days so it could be derived from that.

The suggestions the book made were that it could be:

1. A nickname taken from the army regiment of one of their first players.

2. "Buff" was a slang term at the time for brilliant/excellent etc.

3. The team played in "buff" (dull yellow) strips when they picked up the nickname.

The book is 16 years old so there could be other/newer theories I dint know about but I assume the nickname is a bit of a mystery!

I was stood next to the refs Dad at one point. Thought he did okay, the pavillion lino was one of those who wouldnt make a decision until he saw what the ref had given - at one point right in front of me there was a clear throw in one way but he stood like a lemon until the ref indicated which way it was, from then on he was getting pelters.

Mind you from my spot right in line with it they got the penalty claim bang on, looked a great tackle.

I thought the Referee did Well. I thought he called the penalty correctly but the two guys I was standing thought the other way. Shame there was no footage to back it up either way.

Ok there was a couple of decisions he maybe got wrong but your going to get that and the plus points for me he is one of the few that actually talks to the players and the management and the fact he tried to keep the game flowing as much as he could.

I thought the Referee did Well. I thought he called the penalty correctly but the two guys I was standing thought the other way. Shame there was no footage to back it up either way.

Ok there was a couple of decisions he maybe got wrong but your going to get that and the plus points for me he is one of the few that actually talks to the players and the management and the fact he tried to keep the game flowing as much as he could.

The game was filmed Ayrshire film company will be posting it on Monday apparently

A few teams have said that they have been awful v the Buffs now . Always good going forward with Boylan Lewis etc but with Mcginto in the middle of the park & Campbell at the back they have a really good team there . Expect them to come up along with Largs & if would fancy them to get through over 2 legs given the right draw .

A few teams have said that they have been awful v the Buffs now . Always good going forward with Boylan Lewis etc but with Mcginto in the middle of the park & Campbell at the back they have a really good team there . Expect them to come up along with Largs & if would fancy them to get through over 2 legs given the right draw .

Watched them couple of times this season Dean Agnew has been a stand out ....good luck in the semis

Archived