Kilwinning Rangers 2015/16

Scotlad

More opinion on FB:

"After buffs sealing promotion a lot has been said about the managers position and how the committee are out of order seen lot from the manager on social media regarding this and getting support nobody apart from the committee and manager knows what has been happening behind the scenes and people saying if manager goes they all should resign How many saying all this would step forward and go on buffs committee who give up all there time and support for nothing as it stands the now buffs have a small committee the now and have to ask friends to help on match days till the real reasons come out regarding managers position nothing more should be said by anyone unless they step forward and help".

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outrageous behaviour by a club who had a fair few neutrals support them on Friday, hope they go back down tbh.

Yep, from the outside looking in the Buffs were starting to look the part again, both on and off the park with the ground improvements, run in the Scottish etc. Gotta feel for the fans.

Strain might no be everybody's cup of tea, but this seems madness. Must be some serious shit going on behind the scenes to be sacked after two promotions on the trot. Maybe they already have a bigger name lined up to take them into premier

If the sacking of Chris Strain is true,then I think it's a disgrace!! Ok,some people might see Chris as a pain in the arse & a pr*ck at times,but the guy is just passionate about his football, & more so,Kilwinning Rangers.He assembled this team & brought them up from the doldrums,got them playing great entertaining football,& most of all,made them winners!! Buffs owe this guy big time! To sack him is total madness & whatever team he goes to next,will be getting a great football manager & motivator. GOOD LUCK CHRIS!!

Totally gutted to hear this, it's been an absoulte pleasure being part of Chris management team the past 2 1/2 years. The guy worked his socks off, from spending his time on normal managerial duties to coaching and even giving up valuable family time to improve the surroundings of abbey park on a regular basis. His passion and dedication for the club was superb.

Can't believe this has happened. One of the things that has been apparent for the past couple of seasons is that the players appear to react positively to the management team. The squad is still relatively young and Chris and the coaches have done a fantastic job in developing them and making some of them better players in just two and a bit seasons and turned them into top junior players. I have watched The Buffs for over 40 years and am genuinely excited about the team that has been getting built over the past couple of seasons. When The Buffs do well there is a buzz about the whole town. It was good to see the team being coached by Kilwinning boys. For over 30 years my family provided financial support to the Buffs through advertising and other sponsorship. I don't care about the managers conduct as long as there is a winning and exciting team on the park and that's what Chris Strain had achieved. The committee need to provide answers to the fans.

The management and the team have been treated disgracefully over the past week. No congratulations of any sort (not a handshake, a bottle of beer or anything) from any of the committee to any player on their achievements on Friday night. These guys have just dedicated a full season working hard and got the club promoted, fantastic achievement.

Easy to blame the non-Kilwinning guys on the committee who seem to be influencing all with one sided stories, but the Kilwinning guys on the committee (and especially the ones who have been there for a few years) need to wake up and realise where the club is now at compared to where it was 3 years ago. And the club is there mainly because of the efforts of Colin Stewart, Chris Strain and Alan Mahood.

It will be an interesting AGM tomorrow night. But, in true cowardly fashion I predict that the puppet masters will not show and leave it to puppets to answer the questions.

Certainly won't be visiting Abbey Park while these guys are controlling things. They certainly have ripped the community feeling out of what was shaping up to be a very successful period on and off the park for the Buffs.

The management and the team have been treated disgracefully over the past week. No congratulations of any sort (not a handshake, a bottle of beer or anything) from any of the committee to any player on their achievements on Friday night. These guys have just dedicated a full season working hard and got the club promoted, fantastic achievement.

Easy to blame the non-Kilwinning guys on the committee who seem to be influencing all with one sided stories, but the Kilwinning guys on the committee (and especially the ones who have been there for a few years) need to wake up and realise where the club is now at compared to where it was 3 years ago. And the club is there mainly because of the efforts of Colin Stewart, Chris Strain and Alan Mahood.

It will be an interesting AGM tomorrow night. But, in true cowardly fashion I predict that the puppet masters will not show and leave it to puppets to answer the questions.

Certainly won't be visiting Abbey Park while these guys are controlling things. They certainly have ripped the community feeling out of what was shaping up to be a very successful period on and off the park for the Buffs.

Well said.

would it not be ironic if the Buffs fans voted out the committee and voted in a new one and reinstated Chris Strain ! Funny also the will of five people  can dictate what happens at the Buffs, when just about every Buffs supporter disagrees with them !  

Gutted for Chris , nice lad and was doing a great job at buffs, seems to me that the money men are now calling the shots and their attitude seems to be fk the people of Kilwinning,

Season ticket holders should get along to AGM and vote the fkers out ,supporters should boycott games start of season, NO FANS NO CLUB

Gutted for Chris , nice lad and was doing a great job at buffs, seems to me that the money men are now calling the shots and their attitude seems to be fk the people of Kilwinning,

Season ticket holders should get along to AGM and vote the fkers out ,supporters should boycott games start of season, NO FANS NO CLUB

spot on comment sack the board !

The committee are the folk that volunteer their free time every week to run the club. If the fans who pay £6 think they could do a better job then I'm sure the committee would love to have them on board.

The committee are the folk that volunteer their free time every week to run the club. If the fans who pay £6 think they could do a better job then I'm sure the committee would love to have them on board.

I'd normally agree with that, but this sacking is mystifying on face value.

No fans (as in exactly zero) seem to support it. The season ticket holders will find out more tomorrow where the committee will presumably explain why this action they have taken, is in their belief to be in the best interests of the club.

I'm not privy to Buffs internal matters but at the very least this situation could have been handled a lot better.

Because they volunteer doesn`t make them qualified or entitle them to make decisions that aren`t in the best interests  of the club as a whole. The constitution of a lot of clubs are a mess and any real supporter(s) should be able to have a clear understanding of how these decisions are made and by who from within their clubs but they don`t. Clubs across the regions are full of people who volunteer and without them the clubs would struggle to complete/cover any number of tasks that are required for the clubs to run on a weekly basis. You`ll also find that most of these people fancy themselves as back seat managers who have opinions on every player and every decision/selection the Managers makes. The reality is though that most of them couldn`t manage sleep with a bag of sleeping tablets. Clubs/committees should engage a Manager and then trust him to manage! Set them realistic targets based on resources and THEN if he fails they have grounds to look to replace him. Taking a team through back to back promotions is a ludicrous excuse for sacking the manager. (for what it`s worth I personally think he`s a tit, but I always thought he was a player I would have loved on my team and he clearly knows how to handle players)  From the outside looking in, any hopes that The Buffs had of reconnecting with the local community have just been well and truly sunk by one single clusterfuck of a text message.

Archived