Rothes on the Brink?

HibeeJibee

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-0 away to Huntly today, is that signs of improvement?

Not much, but at least Rothes are trying to do the right thing like Clach and Falkirk did, pay their debts and use the youth squad instead of ripping off creditors and spending on loan and new players like Dundee, Rangers, Livingstone, Hearts, Dunfermline etc. If they can survive the season I think and hope they'll come back stronger next season.

• 4 weeks later...

Another hiding today for Rothes as they lost 7-0 at home to Deveronvale. After 14 games they have conceded 81 goals and are of course still pointless. Next up in the league is an away trip to play league leaders Cove who have won all 13 league games this season.

They play Lossie before they play Cove.

Today represents the 2/5 mark of the season... so if things continue as they are then they're looking at 200 goals against and GD -185 which would be shatteringly record-breaking.

Worst record I've seen recently was Coupar Angus in the East Region Juniors 2013/14

P30 W0 D0 L30 F15 A192 GD-177

Near enough getting smashed by 6 goals each game. Pretty eye-watering

They play Lossie before they play Cove.

Must have missed it because of all the Scottish Cup ties that were on yesterday. They lost again though but just 3-1. The game against Cove has now been postponed because the Fort William-Cove tie was called off yesterday and has been rescheduled for next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Good heavens. Buckie beat them 7-0 in late September.

To be fair to Rothes they did look to be stopping the rot a bit with holding Lossiemouth to 3-1 last week and I think I read their manager had got a few new players in. Some tough games up next though - Cove, Keith, Brora.

Good heavens. Buckie beat them 7-0 in late September.

To be fair to Rothes they did look to be stopping the rot a bit with holding Lossiemouth to 3-1 last week and I think I read their manager had got a few new players in. Some tough games up next though - Cove, Keith, Brora.

Keith. :lol:

Archived