When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Every Labour party member should ask themselves this question. If there was a choice between a Labour Government in an independent Scotland, or a Tory Government in the existing UK, what would you choose? The SNP is a vehicle for delivering independence, it's not a philosophy for how an independent Scotland should be governed. 

I've never understood why (even back to before 2014) Scottish Labour are so against independence.  Independence could be the best thing that ever happened to them.  They'd have to be reborn, with a new brand, a new message and new policies.  

I think the problem is that for quite a few, they still cling to the belief that Labour can form a Govt. In Westminster.
Hopefully recent elections will allow them to see sense.

Every Labour party member should ask themselves this question. If there was a choice between a Labour Government in an independent Scotland, or a Tory Government in the existing UK, what would you choose? The SNP is a vehicle for delivering independence, it's not a philosophy for how an independent Scotland should be governed. 

A Tory governed independent Scotland.

An independent Scotland would be free to be governed by whoever gets elected. As it is done by PR coalition’s would probably be required so there will be every possibility a right of centre party being involved at some point.
The important thing is Scotland would not vote one way then have to put up with whoever has been elected in Westminster.

Literally all of my stewards voted yes last time, sands are shifting fast for the party they notionally support.

There’s a staggering disconnect between the leadership of the unions/ Labour and their memberships.

If the SNP win independence then there’s an argument to be made that they (or whoever’s seen as the successor party) will be given a blank cheque to forge the initial path of an independent Scotland. I doubt it’ll be as extreme as the ANC’s dominance lol but my argument for Labour tacking to full support for independence is it’ll give the left a stronger voice for when it hopefully happens. The first port of call is yeeting all the detritus from the Blairite years out of Labour first and foremost. Going in on Jackie Baillie and Ian Murray tomorrow at our CLP nominations tomorrow.

An independent Scotland would be free to be governed by whoever gets elected. As it is done by PR coalition’s would probably be required so there will be every possibility a right of centre party being involved at some point.
The important thing is Scotland would not vote one way then have to put up with whoever has been elected in Westminster.

No. No more Tory governments. f**k this “at least we voted for the scumbag option” argument. Too many people are dying as it is.

No. No more Tory governments. f**k this “at least we voted for the scumbag option” argument. Too many people are dying as it is.

I don’t disagree with you. I am just trying to make the point that an independent Scotland can be a ‘broad church’. There will be a place for a ‘right of centre’ party but I would not expect them to be in power. I fully expect and hope us to be more left leaning and internationalist than the UK is currently heading.

Stuart Dickson.
Your posting style is identical right down to the childish Nazi references and your insistence that everyone is stupid apart from yourself.
Spent years on BAWA watching you post this tripe under various guises and now you are back here doing it again.
Why are you replying to a banned poster?

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Stuart Dickson.

Your posting style is identical right down to the childish Nazi references and your insistence that everyone is stupid apart from yourself.

Spent years on BAWA watching you post this tripe under various guises and now you are back here doing it again.

Malky3 has been emptied....but.....what is BAWA?

21 hours ago, sjc said:

When you say the UK,you mean the UK government, right? And as demonstrated by their handling of Brexit a democratic vote counts for little. Forcing the Lisbon or Maastricht treaties on Member States further highlights this is and contributed significantly to the 2016 referendum result.

How were those treaties forced on EU members?

11 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Malky3 has been emptied....but.....what is BAWA?

Black and White Army?

8 hours ago, Snafu said:

On Black and White Army its called the Sin Bin where 'sensible posters' get an entire forum to themselves.

The Sin Bin

If you are being particularly annoying or repetitive you're general posting rights will be removed and you'll only be able to post in here.

Consider it a virtual jail. You can rant away in here as much as you like. Membership of this part of the forum is entirely at the mods discretion.

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/23-the-sin-bin/

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

How were those treaties forced on EU members?

I don't recall the UK electorate being given a referendum, like the Irish, who rejected the Lisbon treaty btw, were on either. Major and Brown pushed them both through.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have voted to remain in the EU if I still lived in the UK, but it's effectively just one set of globalist neoliberal capitalists against an another set. Too many people are being left behind and feeling their voices aren't being heard. Hence the calls for independence.

11 minutes ago, sjc said:

I don't recall the UK electorate being given a referendum, like the Irish, who rejected the Lisbon treaty btw, were on either. Major and Brown pushed them both through.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have voted to remain in the EU if I still lived in the UK, but it's effectively just one set of globalist neoliberal capitalists against an another set. Too many people are being left behind and feeling their voices aren't being heard. Hence the calls for independence.

In what way is a referendum required on everything Westminster wants?

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

In what way is a referendum required on everything Westminster wants?

I would have thought that the transfer of Parliamentary powers from Westminster to Brussels would be justified......

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Westminster is sovereign, didn't you know?

I did know. 6 months of Constitutional law was a fascinating history lesson in my brief flirtation with becoming a lawyer. More fool me!

But given the 3 year farce that it took for Westminster to enact those sovereign powers, as per the democratic will of the majority of UK voters, I don't think they should be granted too much leeway in deciding off their own backs what's best for the people.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

I did know. 6 months of Constitutional law was a fascinating history lesson in my brief flirtation with becoming a lawyer. More fool me!

But given the 3 year farce that it took for Westminster to enact those sovereign powers, as per the democratic will of the majority of UK voters, I don't think they should be granted too much leeway in deciding off their own backs what's best for the people.

6 months of Constitutional law would tell you that Westminster is sovereign and you're talking shite.