When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

You’ve just come across all over the place here, labelling me a fascist, jesus christ.

Is it any worse than labelling me an "England hater"

There is certainly more evidence of the latter.

What would you call people who argue that a democratically elected party do not have a righy to pursue the policies they were elected on.

51 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He's totally correct. A party says it'll do something if it gets voted in then folk vote it in and it does the thing.

Oh OK - I get you. The SNP said they would "Stop Boris" and "Stop Brexit". How is that working out for them? The SNP said the Independence Referendum was a "Once in a generation vote", and a "once in a lifetime vote". The Nationalists don't do good faith, they don't do democracy and they don't do honesty. 

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Sure there has. Whenever we Scots vote in a referendum, or for a party to do something and then people not in Scotland have done something to interfere with it, that was antidemocratic.

Only a dribbling simpleton or someone acting in bad faith would deny this.

Is this repeated use of the term "dribbling simpleton" allowed on this website? I'm sure it breaches the terms and conditions of use. I'll be reporting it. 

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Oh OK - I get you. The SNP said they would "Stop Boris" and "Stop Brexit". How is that working out for them? The SNP said the Independence Referendum was a "Once in a generation vote", and a "once in a lifetime vote". The Nationalists don't do good faith, they don't do democracy and they don't do honesty. 

That's because folk like yer wee pal Tarmo de Villiers are content that a party who was democratically  victorious does not get to enact the policies that would stop Brexit and stop Boris.

Gee whiz are Britnats really this wooden.

Edited by git-intae-thum
Typo

32 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Nope. I voted Tory, but I didn’t agree with every single policy of theirs.

Surely you want the people of Scotland to decide on independence? The majority of them don’t want it, and until they consistently show that they do, there will be no indyref2.

It’s blatantly clear, however, that you are just an England hater with very little political knowledge.

And there we have it. You could have just said that at the start. Explains everything.

Edited by Anonapersona

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

That's because folk like yer wee pal Tarmo de Villiers are content that a party who was democratically  victorious does note get to enact the policies that would stop Brexit and stop Boris.

Gee whiz are Britnats really this wooden.

So did the SNP win the General Election or not? I keep reading on this website that the SNP scored a massive win and gained a mandate, but it looks to me like they won f**k all and that they are completely incapable of carrying out any of their pre- General Election pledges. Shame that. 

Fair enough, you make a good point. I don’t think it should be up to Sturgeon or Johnson. Sturgeon would back indyref2 even if there was 1% support, and Johnson would probably reject it even if there was 99% support. I’m not entirely sure what the answer to that question is, but my main point is that there certaintly isn’t a mandate for it right now.

Ultimately I think it has to be the elected Scottish Parliament.

The only way I think this will be decided is through the courts - is sovereignty with the people of Scotland or is it the Diceyan view that sovereignty lies with Westminster?

Scotland haven’t been treated undemocratically, you’ve still failed to tell me how they have, about 20 replies in.

You’ve just come across all over the place here, labelling me a fascist, jesus christ.
Well actually 48% of those who voted in the Brexit referendum and possibly more if you include soft Brexit voters will have been treated undemocratically as the position of soft Brexit (promised during the referendum) has never been on the table.

You are aware that not every Labour/Conservative/Libdem voter is pro- Union

You are aware that not every SNP voter is pro-independence?
The party that attained the most seats, and most votes, won the UK General Election. Scotland voted to stay in the UK. What’s undemocratic about that?

Please get back on to how the Natzi SA are going to destroy businesses owned by unionists and physically assault them. That was tremendous value, and definitely not something that a troll would publically fantasise about for attention.

No, the question was ‘Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?’. We also are not having a hard Brexit.

There’s a very, very big difference between anti-democracy and you not agreeing with something I’m afraid.
Explain to me why Farage et al were saying during the referendum that we could have a Norway style deal and access to the Single Market yet it has never been on the table?

Anything else isn't soft Brexit no matter how you dress it up.

Farage was not Brexit, nor did he deliver it. He was influential in the Leave vote however, but what he says can’t be used as a stick to beat Brexit and the Tories with. 

Brexit was democratically voted for, accept it.
No it wasn't, it was basically an opinion poll.

6 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

It was democratically voted for by the United Kingdom.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom is it not?

Aye, but Gibraltar isn't part of the United Kingdom, is it?

Imagine that, a Britnat Brexiteer telling lies about the EU referendum!

Edited by lichtgilphead

Just now, AB de Villiers said:

The post I replied to was about Scotland, not Gibraltar.

Imagine that, a Nat changing the goalposts, never seen that before!

Gibraltar voted in the EU referendum.

Gibraltar is not part of the UK.

Accordingly, the EU referendum was not a UK-only referendum.

Imagine that - a Britnat Brexiteer doubling down on his lies!

1 minute ago, AB de Villiers said:

Point out where I said it was a UK-only referendum please.

Right here VVV

28 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

It was democratically voted for by the United Kingdom.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom is it not?

You totally ignored Gibraltar's contribution to the vote.

Imagine that, a Britnat Brexiteer totally ignoring an entire constituency within a referendum!

1 hour ago, AB de Villiers said:

I think you’ll find that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. If Scotland votes differently to the rest of the United Kingdom, they have to accept it as they democratically chose to remain in the United Kingdom.

Simple stuff really, I don’t think you understand democracy.

Terrific advert for the union right here. Should be the no camps slogan for indyref2.