When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No doubt about it. The continued denial of democracy by the Westminster fascists and their "proudscotbut" lackeys is frustrating.

But the first minister is right. The longer this goes on, the more the pressure will build.

The demographics are strongly on our side. And despite the laughable attempt at deflection and denial.......this is an issue where once people have decided their views, there is hardly ever any movement. This is especially so from yes to nawbag. It just doesn't happen.

It's only a matter of time. Its why the slavering yoonballs are shiting it.

2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

this is an issue where once people have decided their views, there is hardly ever any movement. This is especially so from yes to nawbag. It just doesn't happen.

Yer arse.  Of course it does.  In the 70s I proudly wore a purple "It's Scotland's Oil" badge on my school blazer, admired Big Margo and had a MILFY 'thing' for Margaret Ewing.  I even voted in favour of devolution in 1979 even though I knew it had no chance of passing due to the entirely sensible Labour resolution that it needed 40% of the electorate.

oil.JPG.d95b741877019f5ce605f887760a703c.JPG

Scroll on 40 years and I see the pathetic wee tartan gonks for the xenophobes that they are.  Little Scotlanders and Little Englanders are two cheeks of the same fetid arse.

I’ll be honest, I think Kincy is correct!
Everyone I know, their politics changed immediately after they hit 65.
I’d expect the “Natters” to lose heavily in the coming years.
The ageing population will deffo take control in the 2021 elections!

To quote an Uber Yoon.

HAHA

Tick tock. The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Nortvern Ireland dies at 11pm tonight & it’s glorious!

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yer arse.  Of course it does.  In the 70s I proudly wore a purple "It's Scotland's Oil" badge on my school blazer, admired Big Margo and had a MILFY 'thing' for Margaret Ewing.  I even voted in favour of devolution in 1979 even though I knew it had no chance of passing due to the entirely sensible Labour resolution that it needed 40% of the electorate.

Scroll on 40 years and I see the pathetic wee tartan gonks for the xenophobes that they are.  Little Scotlanders and Little Englanders are two cheeks of the same fetid arse.

Thankfully you no longer live here, so you don't get a vote.

If Sturgeon is going to continue with these placeholder speeches and use 2021 as a mandate, she really needs to sort her domestic stuff before next year's election. She will get battered from pillar to post by the media about the NHS and Education. No matter if the figures are highly accurate or dubiously sourced, and that the bloc grants have been cut in real terms from Westminster, struggling public services are a stick to beat the SNP with for the media.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

It makes great reading, in truth.  Especially since Scotland has an ageing population.  So if we do have indyref2 in a decade then more voters will be in the aged 65+ category than now.

Oh or maybe you think that the under 55s will stick with the Natters and that the next plebiscite will really be won by The Grim Reaper.  Not so.  As people age they tend to develop sense* and  have learned through experience that political innovation is really just the same old shit dressed up as new shit.

So demographics will work in our favour - as long as everything else stays the same.

The big game-changer isn't, though, the age profile of Scottish voters but is the economic performance of the UK post Brexit.  If our economy tanks then expect a big change of view amongst middle-aged, middle-class, naturally conservative, resistant to change  brigade.

So maybe 25% of voters see independence as a principle whatever the outcome and 25% of voters see saving the union as key irrespective of economics.  However, the result of the next referendum will be decided not on principle or rhetoric but on the value of the pound in your pocket.

Absolutely agree. If we get through 2020 without any signs of the plague, petulance and famine that was predicted by the more extremist remain campaigners then I think Scottish Independence is a complete dead duck. The idea that the majority of Scots would vote for something that the poll shows most think would make us all worse off, particularly when we have stability and certainty in the status quo, is absurd and ridiculous. 

In the meantime though, I see that the Nationalists are out there trying their latest campaign to "persuade us" that Scottish Independence is the way to go. Sinister echos of 1930's Germany here but the "persuasion" hasn't changed my view one bit. 

250234061_Annotation2020-01-31143904.png.fe2b85a471695c4e1085fd71e12b6037.png

No doubt about it. The continued denial of democracy by the Westminster fascists and their "proudscotbut" lackeys is frustrating.
But the first minister is right. The longer this goes on, the more the pressure will build.
The demographics are strongly on our side. And despite the laughable attempt at deflection and denial.......this is an issue where once people have decided their views, there is hardly ever any movement. This is especially so from yes to nawbag. It just doesn't happen.
It's only a matter of time. Its why the slavering yoonballs are shiting it.

How is that pressure built and what forces the Tories to cave?

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I didn't wear badges, but I voted SNP in the Govan by election in 1988, and - I imagine I also probably voted SNP in the 1992 General Election. Which backs up what you are saying. We all did things we are embarrassed of as we get older.  

28 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Thankfully you no longer live here, so you don't get a vote.

Until my wee yin starts Uni next year and I buy a flat in The Weege.  That will be 4 more sensible 'No' voters...

8 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

In the meantime though, I see that the Nationalists are out there trying their latest campaign to "persuade us" that Scottish Independence is the way to go. Sinister echos of 1930's Germany here but the "persuasion" hasn't changed my view one bit. 

Given chat on here about kalashnikovs, bullets and the Scottish Republican Army, who would be surprised if we have our very own kristallnicht?

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If Sturgeon is going to continue with these placeholder speeches and use 2021 as a mandate, she really needs to sort her domestic stuff before next year's election. She will get battered from pillar to post by the media about the NHS and Education. No matter if the figures are highly accurate or dubiously sourced, and that the bloc grants have been cut in real terms from Westminster, struggling public services are a stick to beat the SNP with for the media.

Agreed. 

Stewart Campbell might well be a moron but he could be right about a change of leader at the SNP in April too. Alex Salmonds trial begins in March and one way or another it's going to be humiliating for the Nationalist movement, the SNP, and probably also for Nicola Sturgeon personally. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Until my wee yin starts Uni next year and I buy a flat in The Weege.  That will be 4 more sensible 'No' voters...

Given chat on here about kalashnikovs, bullets and the Scottish Republican Army, would be surprised if we have our very own kristallnicht?

Given that most of that talk is by unionists on here it would have to be some kind of mass suicide?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Given chat on here about kalashnikovs, bullets and the Scottish Republican Army, who would be surprised if we have our very own kristallnicht?

History has a terrible habit of repeating itself. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some on here started to defend these kind of actions too. 

21 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

How exactly are Westminster denying democracy?

The case for having a second independence referendum has an overwhelming democratic mandate.

Pro independence parties have won every vote in Scotland since 2016, on a specific promise to hold another vote if Scotland was forced out of the EU against its will. You may have missed it.....but that happens tonight.

Since then a majority of MSPs at Holyrood have passed votes backing another independence referendum on several occasions.

There was also the overwhelming victory of the SNP not that long ago at the 2019 GE. The promise to hold an independence referendum was explicit in their prospectus.

In any democracy, that would be a mandate for Scotland to determine its own future.

What percentage of the vote did the Tories get in Scotland again?

How many MP's do they have?

Please explain then how they have any mandate to determine how Scotland governs itself.

That is exactly how Westminster is denying democracy.

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

The case for having a second independence referendum has an overwhelming democratic mandate.

Pro independence parties have won every vote in Scotland since 2016, on a specific promise to hold another vote if Scotland was forced out of the EU against its will. You may have missed it.....but that happens tonight.

Since then a majority of MSPs at Holyrood have passed votes backing another independence referendum on several occasions.

There was also the overwhelming victory of the SNP not that long ago at the 2019 GE. The promise to hold an independence referendum was explicit in their prospectus.

In any democracy, that would be a mandate for Scotland to determine its own future.

What percentage of the vote did the Tories get in Scotland again?

How many MP's do they have?

Please explain then how they have any mandate to determine how Scotland governs itself.

That is exactly how Westminster is denying democracy.

Oh FFS, weeks on and your still stuck on that loop. 

The most recent poll shows that the majority of Scots don't want another referendum. The majority of Scots who voted in the last election just over a month ago voted for Unionist parties. And just 6 years ago in a once in a generation referendum Scotland voted very clearly to reject Scottish Independence. The only people who continually refuse to accept the democratic will of the people of Scotland is the Scottish Nationalists. 

Edited by Malky3

Just now, Malky3 said:

Oh FFS, weeks on and your still stuck on that loop. 

The most recent poll shows that the majority of Scots don't want another referendum. The majority of Scots who voted in the last election voted for Unionist parties. And just 6 years ago in a once in a generation referendum Scotland voted very clearly to reject Scottish Independence. The only people who continually refuse to accept the democratic will of the people of Scotland is the Scottish Nationalists. 

Do the Conservative party have a mandate?

8 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

We did this in 2014 and nothing has changed.  Oh maybe you think orchestrated dummy-spitting provides you with, "an overwhelming democratic mandate."