When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Bob Mahelp

5 years passes in a blink of an eye. 

I don't care if there's a referendum this year or in 2025. The swing is towards yes, and by the looks of it, no BritNat whining or any amount of their ridiculous lies can change that. 

The idea that Scotland should become independent is, in this poll, now the majority view. That's the big picture - the fine detail is 'when' but even in that question, a majority answered in the next 5 years. Talk of "real Scots" in your post, Malky, does you no favours but is understandable when your belief in the Union is not mirrored with the change happening across Scotland.

10 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

The Nats can go on all they want, taking moral victories from polls, but the reality is that this is one poll showing 51-49. One poll in the lead up to the 2014 referendum showed 51-49.

‘Yes’ took a lead over ‘No’ in several YouGov and Survation polls immediately post-2014. However between the 2015 GE and the 2016 EU referendum only one or two polls showed a slim Yes majority.

Since Theresa May became PM, almost 4 years, there have only been 3 out of 68 polls that have indicated Scotland want independence. 65 of them have indicated that Scotland don’t. There’s always a spike around the time of a big event, considering 2 of those 3 narrow Yes polls came both approaching Brexit day, and as soon as Boris Johnson became PM.

Polling patterns since the 2014 indyref suggests that this will likely drop back down to the 46-48% mark very soon. Regardless, Yes polling successfully for the 3rd time in the last 68 polls, and 4 years, is really a narrow victory. I disagree with Oaksoft that you’d need to be polling at 60%, however, you need to be polling Yes consistently, not 3 times out of 68.

You're making a huge assumption that Brexit will just go unnoticed and won't have an affect on people's lives.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
1 hour ago, Malky3 said:
And yet in the same poll - Scots don't want a referendum
image.png.6b50ceebf1ccdfaf087513985c8c33b7.png

Real Scots don't want Independence. 

The majority want a referendum in the next five years. You're a lying c**t, as per usual.

Since when has 44% ever been a majority?

Nationalists really are stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

You're making a huge assumption that Brexit will just go unnoticed and won't have an affect on people's lives.

And here we go again! Nationalists hoping and praying that Scots lives are damaged so they might vote their way. Hoping and praying that Scotland is damaged, that families are put into poverty, and that Sottish businesses are endangered, all so they can tell us we might be better off with a border between us and England. 

I love my country, I'm glad like 55% I am on the site that wants the best for our people, our businesses and our financial futures. 

f**k your extremist views. 

I don't take much encouragement from occasional slender Yes majorities in polls. Until we're consistently polling above 55 and closer to 60 I don't hold out any hope of winning an indyref2.

This. There is no rush.

Once the SNP absolutely romp the 2021 elections it should be looked at again. Until then, keep it on the lowdown. If it was held next year, we’d probably lose anyway. I just don’t see why there is a rush to have it so soon: the SNP are going nowhere and will continue to govern Scotland for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't take much encouragement from occasional slender Yes majorities in polls. Until we're consistently polling above 55 and closer to 60 I don't hold out any hope of winning an indyref2.

Pretty sure the Yes vote went from 30ish at the beginning of the campaign to 45 on vote day, so I would be wary of putting it off too long while there is still momentum there, apathy is bound to kick in. 

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
3 hours ago, Malky3 said:
Since when has 44% ever been a majority?
Nationalists really are stupid. 

Change the record Malky, remove don't knows and it's a majority, as you well know.

How are you going to "remove" the don't knows? Kick them out of the country? Shoot them? Gas chambers? 

It's not a majority.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Doesn’t make for good reading for Manky and Kinky.

IMG_1641.jpg

Really? I thought it made OK reading. Scots clearly don't want a referendum and Scots, whether the support Independence or not, appear to believe that Independence would make us all worse off than we are in the United Kingdom.